Studio 338 London

338 Has a terrible crowd - the essex lot. I dont step a foot into essex but i can imagine their new venture over there will suit the clientele

Was gonna say, isn’t 338 just catering for Essex overspill anyway? Hate to be stereotypical but that kind of crowd can really ruin events for me.

Depends on the event. ABODE has that element of course, but it's far from exclusively Essex. Home have a clued-up underground crowd. Then events likes ADID different again. The big one-offs like Desolat and Music On - mass market, but a wide spectrum. No different to any other club in that respect.

Was gonna say, isn’t 338 just catering for Essex overspill anyway? Hate to be stereotypical but that kind of crowd can really ruin events for me.

Nothing to be sorry about, its the truth. That crowd have infested so many different london events now, its a pisstake. Junction 2 for instance had more from that crowd then ever before. Saw them in europe aswell smh.

Nothing to be sorry about, its the truth. That crowd have infested so many different london events now, its a pisstake. Junction 2 for instance had more from that crowd then ever before. Saw them in europe aswell smh.
J2 definitely has less than events that are based more east - thank goodness.

Most events in London are geared towards the young - plenty of money in it obviously

I think the best night I had at 338 was for Loco Dice... Musicon was boarder line as good but it was just too crowded

We’re not all bad in Essex. I’ve been going out past 15 years. Behave myself, am nice to people and never owned a pair of Huaraches.

@white_isle_calling i went to the opening of Sankeys Romford. Was packed. Young crowd, hadn’t seen that level of drug taking in a club for years. Some of their lineups were silly, think Josh Wink was on in first month. Should of just focused on London promotions.

Depends on the event. ABODE has that element of course, but it's far from exclusively Essex. Home have a clued-up underground crowd. Then events likes ADID different again. The big one-offs like Desolat and Music On - mass market, but a wide spectrum. No different to any other club in that respect.
Exactly. It’s hardly an exclusively Essex crowd with it being in South East London. That venue in its many incarnations has always struggled with the people that have gone there and it’s definitely not an ‘Essex’ problem.

re: Sugarhut - first event confirmed = HotBed Xmas special. A good fit, I think

Certainly one that appeals to the Sugarhut crowd

"Our mission with Sugar Hut is to respect the past but to take it forward and raise the bar in all senses. We are creating something amazing for you inside, with new soundsystems from VOID, all new lighting, screens, infrastructure and production as well as a fresh new decor throughout. You wont recognise it...and i think (hope) you're going to love it

We are also about to announce a new restaurant too

What will the dress code and vibe be??

This will vary a bit (for example when we do Sankeys you can come a bit more 'clubby') but in general we want to retain the feeling that people have made an effort to come to Sugar Hut. We don't really want to tell you what to wear as that's a bit old school...but this is not like 338/rave/underground....we want you to feel like you can get dressed up when you come here. Safest bet for boys is to wear shoes

In a lot of ways, this is one thing which will remain similar to the old days

We will have a door picker to make sure that those coming in are nice, happy, party people and part of what they will look for is whether if you've made an effort

Is this going to be an underground club like 338 with loads of Techno etc all the time?

Not really no...but at the same time there will be a much bigger focus on music than there ever was before. We want Sugar Hut to be at the heart of the community and somewhere that everyone can enjoy regardless of whether you are 20 or 50 + and whether you like House, Garage, Tech House or disco (etc etc)"
Most of time we will have different styles of dance music in each room...the opening for example has right up front tech house and techno in the club room, whilst room 2 has Garage and Bass and room 3 has Disco and House classics. The idea is that we create a big house party feeling where you can go from room to room hearing great DJ's and different sounds and if you really love one room...well thats where its at for you
1f642.png
:)

There will however be special nights which will be dedicated to different and possibly more left field sounds. Sugar Hut will be a serious nightclub for Essex from now on, no matter what your taste in music is
"

"Our mission with Sugar Hut is to respect the past but to take it forward and raise the bar in all senses. We are creating something amazing for you inside, with new soundsystems from VOID, all new lighting, screens, infrastructure and production as well as a fresh new decor throughout. You wont recognise it...and i think (hope) you're going to love it

We are also about to announce a new restaurant too

What will the dress code and vibe be??

This will vary a bit (for example when we do Sankeys you can come a bit more 'clubby') but in general we want to retain the feeling that people have made an effort to come to Sugar Hut. We don't really want to tell you what to wear as that's a bit old school...but this is not like 338/rave/underground....we want you to feel like you can get dressed up when you come here. Safest bet for boys is to wear shoes

In a lot of ways, this is one thing which will remain similar to the old days

We will have a door picker to make sure that those coming in are nice, happy, party people and part of what they will look for is whether if you've made an effort

Is this going to be an underground club like 338 with loads of Techno etc all the time?

Not really no...but at the same time there will be a much bigger focus on music than there ever was before. We want Sugar Hut to be at the heart of the community and somewhere that everyone can enjoy regardless of whether you are 20 or 50 + and whether you like House, Garage, Tech House or disco (etc etc)"
Most of time we will have different styles of dance music in each room...the opening for example has right up front tech house and techno in the club room, whilst room 2 has Garage and Bass and room 3 has Disco and House classics. The idea is that we create a big house party feeling where you can go from room to room hearing great DJ's and different sounds and if you really love one room...well thats where its at for you
1f642.png
:)

There will however be special nights which will be dedicated to different and possibly more left field sounds. Sugar Hut will be a serious nightclub for Essex from now on, no matter what your taste in music is
"
Safest bet for boys is to wear shoes ???

Blimey the difference between Essex and Berlin door pickers seems interesting!
Essex Door Picker: Must be dressed up, must wear heels, must have a shirt on with a £20,000 watch …
Berlin Door Picker: Must look like you're homeless, must wear all black, strictly no entry to anyone who fits the Essex door pickers criteria

Back