Strange how .....

Drew

... you don't get many Spanish people posting on this board, or at least more people that live there.

Can't work that out - maybe its not such a big thing for them?

:?:

mmmm spanish clubbing scene simply doesnt exist, only hardcore sh*t
but im sure there is a lot of spanish like me that love ibiza.

BTW next week ill be in ibiza painting and decorating my new apartment :D so it will be ready for the summer time

El_Diablo said:
BTW next week ill be in ibiza painting and decorating my new apartment :D so it will be ready for the summer time

so you live in ibiza what do you do there to earn a living....and does it get boring during off season....i would love to live there for a couple of years

El_Diablo said:
mmmm spanish clubbing scene simply doesnt exist, only hardcore sh*t
but im sure there is a lot of spanish like me that love ibiza.

you're sooooooo wrong :rolleyes:

what world are you living in, Diablo??

of course there's a good clubbing scene in the major cities of Spain. Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia are very bustling and have many choices at night. That hardcore you are talking about is the cheesy and speedy techno that only teenagers like.

Check these out:
http://www.clubbingspain.com
(the spanish section contains more info than the english version, though
And from my city:
http://www.24-7valencia.com/
in English

As for the reason that there are not many Spanish people posting, I guess that's because this website is not as well-known in Spain as in the UK....for the time being. ;)

i agree with VLC , there is very good house and techno in spain , djs like carl cox and laurant garnier come often the many citys .

but its true that there is many progressive , but less than one decade before , when all that ruta del bakalao was happening ...

//technoboy.

Just a quick thought... why would the spanish WANT to come on here?? They live there... the already KNOW about the place!! Its their home! For them ibiza has always been there, its nothing new.

Or is this just me being naive?

andivokes said:
Just a quick thought... why would the spanish WANT to come on here?? They live there... the already KNOW about the place!! Its their home! For them ibiza has always been there, its nothing new.

Or is this just me being naive?

I was talking about the website Ibiza-spotlight, not Ibiza the island. The island of course is very famous throughout Spain for its nightlife and many other things. I meant to say that this website is not still that well-known in Spain. :rolleyes: :)

I WAS talking about the website, the spanish dont have a great deal to find out about the island do they?

I was only pullin yer leg anyway. :)

mmm...I suppose there's some Spanish website out there on the internet which is related to Ibiza, and so the people get the info from there, but I think the people from the UK know more about what's going on in Ibiza's nightlife than the Spanish ourselves in general. We know a lot about our respective cities. Ibiza is another world. But anyway it's very well known here in the whole Spain.

I actually would be glad if more Spanish people knew about this website, because is the best website about Ibiza I've ever seen. It's very amusing.

To be honest fella, its the best website about ANYWHERE I have seen!! Out of all the places I have been abroad (although there aren't many) you cant get info and feedback like this about anywhere... especially with such passion and user interaction!

This really is a website like no other!

Try planning a holiday anywhere else in the world... you're on your own!

I agree, i havent found any website so devoted to a holiday destination and bringing people together from around the world as SPOTLIGHT has done. The passion that has gone into building this site and the board is truely amazing! :eek: Hats off to all who have made it happen!!! :D

I agree w/ the positive things that people have said about the Spotlight. It definitely helped me plan my vacation. I wanted to get back to the issue of clubbing in Spain in general. When I lived there I went out every weekend and I never heard any cheez-wiz beats except once when I actually went to a hardcore party. Even then the dj and the vibe was insane even though the music was mmm, questionable.

pacha4life said:
El_Diablo said:

so you live in ibiza what do you do there to earn a living....and does it get boring during off season....i would love to live there for a couple of years
i dont live there i live in benicassim a little town near to castellon. but i own an apartment there because i love the island and i go very often.

and TIGERVLC u r true, but its my own vision because mostly people in spain dont live in big cities and besides of that
here u dont heard house music anywhere.

Chase said:
I agree w/ the positive things that people have said about the Spotlight. It definitely helped me plan my vacation. I wanted to get back to the issue of clubbing in Spain in general. When I lived there I went out every weekend and I never heard any cheez-wiz beats except once when I actually went to a hardcore party. Even then the dj and the vibe was insane even though the music was mmm, questionable.

Where exactly did you live in Spain Chase?

May be spanish people just don´t bothered to talk about Ibiza as it´s spanish and they can go there any time, when we have to talk about it and plan our holidays. :)

Back