Stephen Gately

Well I think that sort of gag is terrible. I shan't be joining in, no matter what.

I agree. Its bad taste to joke about the tragic death of a young person. If you have to, wait untill his family get a chance to bury him.

I agree. Its bad taste to joke about the tragic death of a young person. If you have to, wait untill his family get a chance to bury him.

Afraid you missed my gag.

Death looms large for us all, humour helps us cope with the fact. Plays on words of Boyzone songs do his family no harm. Folks might want to leave his sexuality alone, as his 'self-outing' was forced by a tabloid, but that aside, no-one here can hurt him or his, I'd think.

They joke about everything on here, tragic deaths of someone of 33, people dying of cancer etc etc. You name it, someone will come up with a gag. I personally find it all pretty distasteful myself, I'm sure if a death happened to someone on here personally they would be up in arms about any gags made.

But hey ho, that's the internet!

Death looms large for us all, humour helps us cope with the fact. Plays on words of Boyzone songs do his family no harm. Folks might want to leave his sexuality alone, as his 'self-outing' was forced by a tabloid, but that aside, no-one here can hurt him or his, I'd think.
^^^ what he said.

Afraid you missed my gag.

Oh I see said the Blindman........

I know what your're buying into with that theory about death and humour, its a school of thought for some people.

But there are other people that see death differently and see it as a powerful, spiritual ritual.

We could be here till next year debating this topic so everybody to their own view I suppose....

Check out the DEATHCLOCK:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.deathclock.com/

Oh I see said the Blindman........

I know what your're buying into with that theory about death and humour, its a school of thought for some people.

But there are other people that see death differently and see it as a powerful, spiritual ritual.

Both here!

But why can't it be powerful 'and' funny?

Spirituality and talking about bums aren't mutually exclusive! :lol:

Back