staying in Playa D'en Bossa for the first time...

rayoliver

we've been to ibiza 5 or 6 times now, but have always stayed in San Antonio. We're going again at the end of August this year and staying in Playa D'en Bossa and was wondering if anyone has got any advice. Just general stuff like good bars around (obviously bora bora and sands) but any others. also places to eat etc. Just basically anything good about the place! :lol:
Cheers.

playa d'en bossa had a huge evolution during the last few years (and still has) and has now many new or refurbished places.

beachside bars/restaurants - think sands, delano, mumak and on the quieter side of things there are the lovely beach restaurants in the southern part of playa d'en bossa such as sirocco, nassau, coco beach.

also in terms of bars on the main street there's new stuff like picaro and ibiza rocks bar which will open this summer. plus tantra is getting refurbished right now.

there's actually quite a lot more so that's just what's on top of my head.
ah - and of course don't forget ushuaia, space and sankeys!!

cheers!
where is the main street in playa den bossa? is it the street that space is on? that's always what i imagined it would be but not sure.

whats the best pre club bars excluding the beach ones?

I quite like the one under/ next to the Jet apartments. You can sit on a table near the pavement and people watch there. the ones nearer to space and Ushuiaia tend to be the busiest. i think you might find the ones on the street are cheaper than the beach bars too

we've been to ibiza 5 or 6 times now, but have always stayed in San Antonio. We're going again at the end of August this year and staying in Playa D'en Bossa and was wondering if anyone has got any advice. Just general stuff like good bars around (obviously bora bora and sands) but any others. also places to eat etc. Just basically anything good about the place! :lol:
Cheers.

I was in the same situation as you, stayed in san an 6 times then went to pdb 3 times. I thought the bars were pretty crap compared to san an, overpriced and were dead by 2am. You are better just drinking on the beach or at your hotel.

I just get really bored in pdb as i dont go to clubs every night - only clubs i go to in ibiza are space and dc 10. But you will save money on taxis down there...

To be honest, we very rarely go to the bars in San an very late anyway. We pretty much go to clubs every night so that won't make too much difference.
What about any good places to eat etc? Know some of the nice places in San an like davids etc but none in PDB. we're staying in the Ebano apartments if that makes any difference.

To be honest, we very rarely go to the bars in San an very late anyway. We pretty much go to clubs every night so that won't make too much difference.
What about any good places to eat etc? Know some of the nice places in San an like davids etc but none in PDB. we're staying in the Ebano apartments if that makes any difference.

Ok, Passion on the main strip is good to eat at, theres another one called beach palace i heard people talk about, think its a chinese...

For pre club bars i'd say murphy's and coco's - you aren't exactly spoiled for choice, forget about bora bora at night you are talking 10 euro a vodka - funk that

on the left hand side of the road that goes to ibiza town , about half way between there and figurettes i think but has been a while since ive been . very good!

hmmm its a restaurant. from my 2 visits i saw no evidence of it being an all night venue maybe someone else can shed some light. btw they have a full menu in the evening but at lunchtime its more limited

Yes, my opinon hasnt changed. Cheers. :spank:

Your bias is hasn't changed and you don't let facts get in the way. I say to each there own, you can find fun in small clubs or bars no matter what part of the isle you are on. When you go to Ibiza find your Ibiza and enjoy it!

hmmm its a restaurant. from my 2 visits i saw no evidence of it being an all night venue maybe someone else can shed some light. btw they have a full menu in the evening but at lunchtime its more limited

doesnt matter. ive just noticed the topic is from 2003 :lol:

haha think its moved a couple times since then. if u want a good curry on that side of the island then thats your place

Your bias is hasn't changed and you don't let facts get in the way. I say to each there own, you can find fun in small clubs or bars no matter what part of the isle you are on. When you go to Ibiza find your Ibiza and enjoy it!

its true... I prefer to stay in PDB usually... but every time I have stayed in San An I have had a great time.

Kimajy and I went to a great little bar called Gekko just passed... erm... is it 'ragazza clubbers' the big shop. Was a great warm up and a short walk across to Space.

I like tantra too.

We always get drinks and take them on the beach though.

To some people it may be a 'cr*p hole' but we enjoy eating lunch in Sunshine People on the corner just up from sissis asador (avoid)... its cheap... the clientele are mainly local... or spanish... and the lady in there is lovely... its not gourmet... but the spag' bol' is lovely and also only about 7 euros... ;)

As your going to be over at that end... enjoy a meal out in Dalt Vila one night too... its a must do...

Its good that your giving other areas a go... Im thinking of staying somewhere else next season... as in 2013... other than san an or pdb or figurettes or ibiza town... we will see.

Back