Stag Party VIP Club Plan?

Some folk cannae be on their feet all night. My mate I used to go with had particularly bad problems with his knees. His stamina was fine, but he had to take a seat every now and again or he'd be in agony. He was fit as a fiddle other than that.

That said, I think you should be able to get a seat every now and again without having VIP. I usually find a wall sufficient.

I will make an exception for your mate and anyone not physically able. What I don't like is seeing groups of people sitting drinking who don't dance all night.

I was cool with the VIP thing in the nineties when it was millionaires who had just stepped off their boats as it added something different to what I was used to back home. I draw a line at Trevor who works in a call centre in Solihull with 10 mates requiring 'VIP' It really saddens me how things have changed.

I will make an exception for your mate and anyone not physically able. What I don't like is seeing groups of people sitting drinking who don't dance all night.

I was cool with the VIP thing in the nineties when it was millionaires who had just stepped off their boats as it added something different to what I was used to back home. I draw a line at Trevor who works in a call centre in Solihull with 10 mates requiring 'VIP' It really saddens me how things have changed.

Agreed but thats the way it is.

Just avoid.

We paid 20 euros extra at Amnesia couple of years back but just for for the extra space to dance upstairs periodically and to pop between the two rooms easily as was totally rammed downstairs and a real crush hazard.

Sound dynamics etc sounded better upstairs as well.

If it were me I wouldn't go top end. 14 blokes on a stag do? It will be like herding pissed goats on rollerskates. I would imagine everyone would be langered by midnight so trying to keep everyone on point at 1 - 2am and then hitting Pacha? If it were 14 of my mates I doubt we would get in the front door.

The VIP at Ocean Beach isn't particularly flash but it is impressive enough if the majority of the group are new to the Island. Plus you can drop all that dosh on some decent booze and there is plenty of mingling to be done. The crowd can be a bit of a mixed bag.

Much as I hate to say it ... given the propensity of the assembled for a bevvy, I think you'd be better off at Ocean Beach. Earlier start, plenty of drinkers, enough of a fuss and no need to trouser-up. Far easier to get the muddled home again too....

Am I right in thinking Ocean Beach closes at about midnight?

Best man's talking about hiring a boat and then going there at 10pm - that's not a go-er is it? I'm going to suggest if we do the boat on the Sunday and then go to a club, people should be able to keep themselves in a good enough state...

Am I right in thinking Ocean Beach closes at about midnight?

Best man's talking about hiring a boat and then going there at 10pm - that's not a go-er is it? I'm going to suggest if we do the boat on the Sunday and then go to a club, people should be able to keep themselves in a good enough state...
One thing I've established over the years is that homosapiens - not always restricted to the male of the species (but usually) - have an uncanny inability to get themselves into a pickle regardless of location or scenario.

Therefore best assume nothing and just enjoy yourself ha.

Last edited:
If you hire a boat, for the authentic sunset experience, definitely park it in front of Cafe Del Mar with your mate's Big House Tunes cd drowning out the cafés.

If you hire a boat, for the authentic sunset experience, definitely park it in front of Cafe Del Mar with your mate's Big House Tunes cd drowning out the cafés.

Bliss FF! Shouting "shore w**kers" at the gathered crowd!

we looked at a few charters, but the all you can drink beer and wine for 8hrs (and 90-100euro a man) tipped it for us;). that was a stag do too.

we looked at a few charters, but the all you can drink beer and wine for 8hrs (and 90-100euro a man) tipped it for us;). that was a stag do too.

Looking at these for my 30th in Oct. Is the beer & wine is literally unlimited? (not that I'm expecting anybody to drink themselves into oblivion) ;)

cant remember anyone touching the wine but we were on it for 8hours each time(in 2011 and 2013) and it didnt run out of lager. And our lot like, no sorry, LOVE a drink.

Back