Spotlight Skiers and Boarders

Since I got on a board I have given up skiing. Enjoy snowboarding so much more, except for the occasional yard sale.:lol:

I first skied (when i was really young), then switched to snowboarding for a few years, but got back to skiing again.
although, if you have a steep off-pist area with lots of fresh powder, then it's cool to be on a snowboard. else skiing all the way!

Looks like I'm going skiing in Tahoe in a few weeks (weather permitting)!

Not skied in about 15 years. Never skied outwith Scotland so looking forward to the experience.

I went skiing in Pamporovo, Bulgaria weekend before last. Had a really good time!

Nice hotel, right on the slopes. Good trails for my skill level, which is intermediate (stuck mainly to blue and red trails).

I was surprised how easy it was to get back into it after not skiing for almost 12 years 8)

I went skiing in Pamporovo, Bulgaria weekend before last. Had a really good time!

Nice hotel, right on the slopes. Good trails for my skill level, which is intermediate (stuck mainly to blue and red trails).

I was surprised how easy it was to get back into it after not skiing for almost 12 years 8)

Thankfully the place we're going seems more aimed at families and beginners (3 year old and 7 year old, as well as 27 year old complete beginner in the group) so it will suit me!

The view isn't bad...

diamond_C.jpg

That's quite a view! I'd be afraid of crashing while staring out over the lake and not paying attention to where I'm going :lol:

Ya, the green trails at Pamporovo were the weakest link. But at 38 Eur a day for full equipment rentals and lift pass, you couldn't argue with the price!

Thankfully the place we're going seems more aimed at families and beginners (3 year old and 7 year old, as well as 27 year old complete beginner in the group) so it will suit me!

The view isn't bad...

diamond_C.jpg
Great view, did you like Tahoe?
That's quite a view! I'd be afraid of crashing while staring out over the lake and not paying attention to where I'm going :lol:

Ya, the green trails at Pamporovo were the weakest link. But at 38 Eur a day for full equipment rentals and lift pass, you couldn't argue with the price!
That does seem like a very nice price.

Great view, did you like Tahoe?.

I'll be there in 3 weeks time! Going over to visit my bro in SF for 3 weeks and having a 5 day mini break up at Tahoe. i was there two summers ago. It snowed in June! I really like it. i think it reminds my brother of home. They go up a fair bit.

Is anyone getting on the neige this winter?
Too right i am. Sorted two trips so far. February flying to Munich then road tripping to zugspitze in Bavaria for couple of days, then into Austria to check out seefeld, down to zillertal for a day, and then to lech am Arlberg

In March we're doing a trip through the Pyrenees...boi taull and Val d'aran in Spain then hoping to check out super bagneres in France.

Heads up to anyone looking to get some cheap gear for the season, tk maxx have got some great gear in stores/on website. Also ordered a bit of kit from www.ekosport.co.uk some unreal discounts on there.

Im guessing Canary Island...^^. Stivi can you tell?

only just watched this now, great vid! it's definitely canary islands and am guessing either gran canaria or tenerife, but can't tell for sure.

as for hitting the snow I shall be in southern spain's sierra nevada for a bit in march if everything works out well!

Back