Spotlight Now Uses Verified By Visa / Mastercard SecureCode

james

Administrator
Staff member
From today (29.03.2012) Spotlight has implemented Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode on all ticket purchases.

This is an extra level of authentication which is required by your bank at the moment of purchase - usually a secret password, a pin number, an sms to your mobile with a one-time code, etc.

This gives you, the customer, and us, the merchant, a much higher level of security on Credit Card payments, as it guarantees the identity of the person making the purchase.

All known ticket websites use this system.

Along with this improvement to our system, we have also certified our webserver as PCI compliant. This is VISA's mandatory security certification for all websites involved in Credit Card payments. (We never actually store Credit Card details, but simply encrypt them and pass them to the Bank for authorization and payment).

See the VISA website for more info or the Mastercard website

Feel free to ask any questions below...

Last edited:
Hello.
Got some troubles while trying to order some tickets (27/04). I made twice to operation to purchase, but a security certificate issue provided me from viewing the 'master card secure code' window': I got an error message and couldn't enter the secure code.
I tried again and got the same problem.
Did the operation succeed or not? I'm afraid the payment has been made 2 times.

Please confirm that when the secure code is not provided, the operation fails.

Thanks

a security certificate issue provided me from viewing the 'master card secure code' window': I got an error message and couldn't enter the secure code.
I tried again and got the same problem.
Did the operation succeed or not? I'm afraid the payment has been made 2 times.

Sounds like your browsing setting may need tweaking. If you mark the Ibiza Spotlight website as "safe" then it should allow pop-ups. Although technically the Verified/SecureCode isn't a pop-up.

If you usually have to enter your code when making an online purchase then it won't have gone through. But for peace of mind, check your online banking.

hi,

unless the extra authentication is done (with the secure code/pin/password) the payment can't go through. however as recommended in the previous post, do check with your bank. i would also ask the bank why there was a "security certificate issue" - as this sounds like it is a problem with your bank (i happen to know we renewed our cert on 18th april, so ours is definitely valid).

feel free to contact us we can double check the state of the order as well.

cheers

Thank you for your answers, James and white_isle_calling.

I did check my online banking, and nothing appears for the time being.
Tried to contact them as well, but week end + Off Monday + off Tuesday in France... so I don't expect any answer before Wednesday.

@James,
I can't contact you through My Account: I don't have a booking order nber.
To tell the story, last Friday 27/04, around 7:45 pm I tried to purchase 2 tickets for Subliminal party at Pacha on June 20. Tried twice. Can you check whether you get these orders in your base?

Thanks!

I can't seem to get any tickets from my card, the same card I used last year is there a problem with your new system?:cry:

I'm been trying to purchase tickets but can't. I'm living stateside with a U.S. credit card. Does this mean I'm unable to purchase tickets anymore?

Same with me, living in the USA and can't purchase tix since both of my VISA companies/banks do not participate in Verified .. (we aren't responsible for transactions that are fraudulent anyway, at least with my banks).. so there is no way for my to buy tickets online with you guys?

Same with me, living in the USA and can't purchase tix since both of my VISA companies/banks do not participate in Verified .. (we aren't responsible for transactions that are fraudulent anyway, at least with my banks).. so there is no way for my to buy tickets online with you guys?
I am also having this issue! Please let me know what I need/can do. Thank you! :)

Hello,

Me and my friends want to buy some tickets online but you need e credit card for this, none of us has a credit card but only bankcontact.. But the site says you need to bring the credit card with you and the person must be there too, is there an option that we can pay with our parents credit cards en that we can just show a copy of their cards at the entrance of the club? Our is there an other way to buy club tickets for people who don't have a Visa/credit card ?? We're scared that if we have to buy them in Ibiza the week of our arrival that they're already going to be sould out..

Kind regards, Laura

hi laura,
for security reasons we don't allow that. the only way around this would be to use Paypal - do either you or your friends have a Paypal account?

i was told that if we book through spotlight that we're not actually charged until the event, is this right?
if not, when is payment taken?

Hi there I purchased two tickets to space enter party on the 10th July the verification process stopped after I put all my details in my credit card has been charged but It wouldn't let me to the printing stage.

Thanks Matthew

Back