space - what is going on?

Yeah but Cream, the only real big trance night left in Ibiza attracts a bunch of twonks/neds/beer boys/18-30's.

N8 said:
Yeah but Cream, the only real big trance night left in Ibiza attracts a bunch of twonks/neds/beer boys/18-30's.

Do you think they would travel to Space tho for a trance night, Cream just attracts those people cos it's got that kind of reputation back at home these days.

Think when Oakie was @ Pacha with Perfecto, the scally count there was minimal.

The beer boys and scallies aren't going to leave the West End or Eden or wherever to travel to Space imo, they probably don't even know where it is :lol:

welllll welll.....
I didnt see so many lager louts at Cream - maybe this year - but last year definately not. Thats also why you have VIP - to avoid running into people like that. I prefer VIP when in Amnesia..call me a snob for all I care. But I like just to sit or have room to dance with my group of people and let the other ones bump into eachother for all they care.

Ibiza-girlie said:
welllll welll.....
I didnt see so many lager louts at Cream - maybe this year - but last year definately not. Thats also why you have VIP - to avoid running into people like that. I prefer VIP when in Amnesia..call me a snob for all I care. But I like just to sit or have room to dance with my group of people and let the other ones bump into eachother for all they care.

Cream is reknowned both in UK and Ibiza for attracting scallies and the Burberry brigade :rolleyes: Ever since Oakie left his residency @ Cream in UK, it just went downhill, to the point where James Barton closed it cept for one-offs. There's no way he'll stop Cream in Ibiza just cos it's such a big moneymaker but it is no way a true reflection of what Cream in the good old days in Liverpool was like.

Hopefully these new proposed trance nights @ Space might attract promoters such as Godskitchen, Gatecrasher or even Perfecto and the Oakenphant again. I think they would really work @ Space, esp cos the other room could be their 'sister' club so Rouge or Bed residents and guests.

SOUNDS REASONABLE.....
I´d love to see a trancenight take off in Space, Id definately go and probably like the place far more than I did the first time :D

Who cares about trance nights at Space - LOOK WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE TERRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nightmare or what......i mean how can that "improve things" they are sticking a friggin roof on it for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and for the record i think that trance nights at Space is a bad idea....sorry ibiza-girlie i really disagree with you on this.....and it will only attract the wrong sorts anyway (that is a certainty).

this will be good I think, if the terrace stays open til six and has a better system im all for it..

as for trance why not? I like abit of trance but in ibiza hardly any clubs play it, apart from cream..

As i ain't the biggest trance fan it was expected from me to dislike the new trance nights idea, but as i'm also very open minded when it comes to music and new clubnights i would give a big thumbs up for those trance nights @ Space. And thats for the simple reason - it can't possibly hurt any of the existing nights/mornings at Space, but only add to the club as a whole.

s-express I sincerely hope you mean young lager louts and bear idiots from West End and not us regular people who just happen to like trancey stuff.

Ibiza-girlie said:
s-express I sincerely hope you mean young lager louts and bear idiots from West End and not us regular people who just happen to like trancey stuff.

Of course matey!!! i didn't mean you guys!!! *sorry* :oops: maybe i was a bit harsh there....

i was just annoyed at seeing what the terrace plans were yesterday. I'm really not bothered about the terrace continuing on until 6.00am or having a "newer sound system" because for me its not about that.....Space terrace is all about having fun in the day, partying under the sunshine 8) (albeit through the net curtains!) THATS what the terrace is about.

I actually also think its quite special that it finishes at 12.00 - i mean how many of us have enjoyed relaxing outside at Space when the terrace has finished the last set when the main room inside is still banging...its a really good time to chat and catch up with people whilst its still nice and warm and the breeze is blowing through the bar...you can still sip on a nice vodka limon, sit down at the back and take in what a wonderful day you've just had - I would like to bet we have all got some special memories of that lovely time. Continuing until 6.00 is just a bit pointless if you ask me.

I just don't see the benefit (apart from cutting down on noise for the Spanish regulations) in closing it up....aren't there enough inside clubs with good sound systems on the island????!!!! Partying at space with a bloomin great big concrete roof over my head is just not going to be special anymore.
:cry:
Now Pin Up is closed the only proper terrace left will be DC10!!!!!!!!!! big shame if you ask me.

MidlifeRaver said:
Pin Up Closed ??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah it got shut down beginning of September, something to do with them having wrong license or something.........more likely something to do with the local Disco Mafia :rolleyes:

god once again? What are those disco mafia people doing? they put innocent people out of business if they dont cooperate right?

its not fair is it.

PinUp is absolute class....i had one of the best times ever there - i really hope it opens up again....the terrace is so beautiful there when its packed with the palm trees et al.

sigh :rolleyes:

Ibiza-girlie said:
no one ever really answered my q´s about the disco mafia and what they do....

they shut down bars, and disco's that cause a threat to the big and established places.

now. no more questions on them.

im sorry s express, but the circoloco terrace seems to be roofed
from now...

I'm a bit disappointed that they're going to put a roof on the space terrace, the outdoor feeling was one of the best things about it along with the music! :cry:

Although from the artists drawing its looks like there's going to be an area in the middle of the terrace roof that can be opened which may bring a bit of the old feeling back.

Still think it'll seem a bit weird partying there with a big concrete wall around the edge now instead of a view of the outside and that black netting 'roof' over the top to keep the sun off!

I also agree that it might not be a good idea to leave the terrace open till 6 along with the main room. Under the old system of the terrace shutting at 12 it ensured that the whole club was full till 12, then the inside was rammed once the terrace shut. Now what may happen is that some people will stay on the terrace, some inside and you may get a half empty inside and a half empty terrace, rather than just having a packed inside room.

I may be wrong though, next year will be a big year for Space to see how people take to the changes and whether the new all-night terrace policy does result in what I've just said.

Unfortunately from what I've experienced in the past changing a past successful formula normally results in disappointment and something not as good as what you had before, lets hope this is not the case!!!

Back