SPACE Terrace lost his "Hands up" touch?

IMO opinion the real kings of Space are:

Sasha (inside)

Danny T

Erik Morillo (the only place i feel Erik plays at his best)

:!:

Never heard him play bad there yet.

Our big one is Space closing with Erik on September 28th 8)

ElRobbie speaks the truth here.

Lawler may be good, but IMO the terrace would erupt it it was strictly funkier.

Although, convsersely, you cant have too much funky stuff as theres nowhere musically to go.

Having Sanchez doing one of his 8 hourer's outside? That would be good. Someone who keeps it funky, but still goes somewhere.

I saw smokin Jo come on the terrace at last years space (sashas birthday sunday), and she firking ruined it. Tribal has no place when the sun is shining IMO!

x-amount said:
ElRobbie speaks the truth here.

Lawler may be good, but IMO the terrace would erupt it it was strictly funkier.

Although, convsersely, you cant have too much funky stuff as theres nowhere musically to go.

Having Sanchez doing one of his 8 hourer's outside? That would be good. Someone who keeps it funky, but still goes somewhere.

I saw smokin Jo come on the terrace at last years space (sashas birthday sunday), and she firking ruined it. Tribal has no place when the sun is shining IMO!

Well said mate, that about sums it up.

I don't have a problem with it, let them play tribal music on the terrace, I'll just go somewhere else to hear the music I like.

Like I said, I think the Space terrace is overrated these days, the sound is poor and the musical direction has gone the wrong way, and the feel good happy terrace has gone, its a different atmosphere, it goes off yeah, but its more of a drug fuelled created atmosphere, than a happy feel good music atmosphere.

That's just my opinion though, I'm sure everyone else has their own.

End of story for me.

I have just decided when I am def going to Ibiza when Derrick Carter is playing on the Terrace - I hadn't decided when to go in sept.

Excellent DJ, playing funky house (you know, the boompt.... - don't want to use this term as its been done to death). Don't know if he has played then Terrace before (???) but I think it will be wicked!

Been there last Sunday - it really is harder, deeper and darker!

:cry: missing Home@Sundays :cry:

What do you think about Lottie@terrace and Lawler@inside?

Please don't destroy terrace!

its sad but true. if the world was built for joy, love, peace, unity and ecstasy, the feelings and atmospheres we all treasure so much, it would all be such a different place, but the way it is there is powers at work to undermine that, and it is becoming more evident now in these last days of greed & deception, but at the same time a different wave is rising to the top, an ocean, getting more and more filled by the day, of people with another agenda, one of precisely that, peace, love joy & unity, and i tell you, WE WILL PREVAIL. never mind the dark days ahead, its all part of the process, taking us to a world of nothing but POSITIVES. im not joking, and im not that much of a nutcase,

people hold on....a new horizon is dawning...

PROMISED LAND..........is no utopian daydream.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

remember this when the world is engulfed in darkness.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

We are the lucky ones, having experienced what will be the norm in another 'dimension', namely,

ECSTASY, UNITY, EMPATHY, COMPASSION, LOVE, JOY, PEACE, UNDERSTANDING, & AND A CONSTANT COMMUNION WITH THE CREATOR!!!

people on the same wavelength REJOICE!!!!

dont wanna sound like a preacer or something, but its my TRUTH, and some others. some of them might be here, so i thought i let them know. you are not alone., but we are ALL ONE!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The terrace was designed for cool, funky, soulful, laid back music at the end of the day.. There's no place for tribal or techno music. They've got inside for that havent they????

Although im not keen on Progressive or Techno music, inside@Space happens to be one of the best venues in the world for it!!! Hence Carl Cox, Digweed, Sasha, etc etc........

If people want to listen to that music they can walk inside and listen to it, but keep the terrace free for people like:

Louie Vega "Thats house"
Frankie Knuckles "Thats House", Dimitri, Chandler, Negro, Morales, D'Ambrosio, Heilbronn, Cutler, Asher, Jon Ulysees (Who does a mint job as resident)....

Elrobbie said:
I'd love to hear some really funky or more soulful DJs rip the terrace up again but it'll never happen on a Sunday at the moment. Would love to hear Dimitri From Paris or Joey Negro play the terrace, or Louie Vega and Kenny Dope again, Frankie Knuckles (ok he is playing one date), Tony Humphries, Norman Jay, Morales more often.

I totally agree with everyone's comments, especially this one.
(not sure where ascendia's evangelistic comments were coming from though :lol: )
The sound on the terrace has got significantly darker and harder than previous years. This started in 2001/2002 for me. Steve Lawler has been named the flagship dj and his style has influenced the terrace but I also blame the hooooge influence Circoloco and DC-10 have had on the island. The music there is massively different to Space....
....but they've decided to put Tania Vulkano down as a resident. She doesn't play any vocals at all and her records are extremely dark and sometimes depressing (but this format somehow works very well in DC-10).
Also the locals on the island tend to want to drive it this way, they are into a harder sound.
I'd lurve to see MAW on the terrace, that would be a hands in the air fest for sure!
My favourite set?...um....has to be Morillo at the Space birthday in 2000. That was amazing 8).

Tania Vulkano played Opening and I have never seen anyone kill an atmosphere so quickly, thank god for wristbands to take you out to Bora Bora for the duration of her set.

Robder said:
But she's soooooooo good in DC-10!! Hmmmm strange.

Yeah I know what you mean, she's just want you need on a Monday afternoon in DC10 but the last thing you want on a Sunday afternoon in Space.

I think it's cos we're used to Space being funky music for happy people in the morning a la the Home@Space days so when they're messing with the tried and tested formula people don't like it. Whereas DC10 has different music policy completely. They both work in their own ways but when they try and mix them it doesn't.

So lawler said he playes it more up lifting on the terrace, can anyone thats been sundays this year say if thats true or not?

ta

lynch said:
So lawler said he playes it more up lifting on the terrace, can anyone thats been sundays this year say if thats true or not?

ta

I think compared to other places where I have seen Lawler his set is definitely more up lifting on the terrace than say at his residency at The End or at Sankeys but he's still not a really funky uplifting DJ, he has moments when he slips into that mode, but essentially he has always been more Tribally.

----oh, got there before me it seems Babs!...and I would have said exactly the same thing. He does hit the spot though, rest assured!

Robder said:
----oh, got there before me it seems Babs!...and I would have said exactly the same thing. He does hit the spot though, rest assured!

Great minds think alike eh :p ;)

I absolutely love Lawler on the terrace end of :D

Back