SPACE Terrace lost his "Hands up" touch?

Markel

I'm just back from Evissa. I spend two weeks there, and went to Space three times.
I felt the music in the terrace became darker and deeper than in the past. I saw Lawler, Cassius, ... and I'm a little bit disappointed because I expected more up lifting House :( (like Roger Sanchez, Morillo, Junior Jack, Smokin Jo, ..)
I was looking the crowd in the Terrace (9 pm - 12 pm) and I dind't see so many hands up in the air.

What do you think? Please comment.

We were there for Opening of We Love Sundays and the week atfer and it was definite hands in the air type stuff - Rampling, Smoking Jo, Tom Novy, Tom Stephan. I didn't notice the music being deeper and darker than previous years, in fact the second week was up there with my all time fave Space sessions.

I do know someone who went to Cassius tho the week after we got back and he's been to Ibiza loads of times and he said it was his worse Space session ever cos Cassius were cr@p.

Yes Barbie,
I saw Cassius (the djs name is Philippe) and even if a member of the cassius gang a friend of mine is. I must say, your friend is right, it was the worst session I saw @Space so far (and I'm going to Ibiza since 1993!)
But I think also Steve Lawler became deeper and progressiver as he used to be in the past season.

This isn't even a debate, without question, the music on Sundays at Space has been harder, deeper and darker on the terrace the last few years than it has ever been, you're right.

Some weeks might be a bit funkier than others. Depends on how you define funky though, to me, Steve Lawler is quite dark and tribal, as is Danny Rampling these days unfortunately. The DefMix breakfasts are quality though with Bobby D Ambrosio and the likes.

It's just the way the scene has gone in general.

I enjoyed Space before it We Love Sundays and Home (although at that time it was a bit funkier) personally. For me the terrace should be a about funky uplifting and vocal music for the daytime in the sun. OK fair enough, go a bit deeper when it gets dark, but not in the afternoon.

If you want to hear soulful uplifting house music, go to Soul Heaven at Pin Up on the terrace and inside.

Exactly my opinion Erlobbie!
Thanks!

Please Space Terrace go back to "hands up in the air geeling"!

always used to think there were too many poeple in there, and therefore enuff room to put your hands in the air.

Maybe Ill check it out this time again, one or 2 times is maybe not enuff to judge upon....but ill probably stay outside on the small terrasse there....

i wouldn't say Lawler plays his dark tribal stuff on the terrace - he'll keep that for his 4 inside sessions over the summer.

on the terrace he's more likely to play more house music - still tribal but not as dark

It's all house music, but its just not funky enough I think thats the general feeling, its not as happy as it used to be.

Granted people are happy because they are 90% on drugs, but you shouldn't need to be to enjoy the music.

Ibiza-girlie said:
Maybe Ill check it out this time again, one or 2 times is maybe not enuff to judge upon....but ill probably stay outside on the small terrasse there....

The smaller terrace :rolleyes: where is this small terrace, I've been going to Space since 96 and as far as I'm concered there is only one terrace and an inside.

well its the one just when you get in and can sitand have a nice cool drink....its not inside the club, just outside where you pay

Ibiza-girlie said:
well its the one just when you get in and can sitand have a nice cool drink....its not inside the club, just outside where you pay

Oh right the other bar, that's certainly not 'the terrace', maybe that's why you haven't enjoyed Space before you've been dancing in the wrong place :p

no believe me i was in there inthe middle of the crowd and preferred that other place instead, inside next to the main room - whoa, too many people!

Ibiza-girlie said:
no believe me i was in there inthe middle of the crowd and preferred that other place instead, inside next to the main room - whoa, too many people!

The bar when you go in to the left is definitely not the terrace, you can hear music from terrace but it's more of a chill-out place.

Ibiza-girlie said:
yes and that was the place i liked compared to the overcrowded actual terrasse

You called it the other terrace, there is only one terrace at Space and it's not when you go in on the left. The bar area on the left is ok when you need to sit down for 15 mins but you're not going to get a lot of atmosphere there.

Elrobbie said:
This isn't even a debate, without question, the music on Sundays at Space has been harder, deeper and darker on the terrace the last few years than it has ever been, you're right.

Yes I agree. This was really brought home when we saw Brandon Block @ Tonic. His set was like a breath of fresh air compared to most ther sets on the terrace. Really uplifting, "can't stay sat down, HAVE to dance, even when you have been going for 48 hours and you are so tired you think you are going to cry" type stuff. A real contrast with the often plodding (but not always) WLSAS sets of the last few years.

Ibiza-girlie said:
always used to think there were too many poeple in there, and therefore enuff room to put your hands in the air....

oh dear not again.......i have told you before i-g :p

i went to space last friday morning. It was crap. i know i didnt go on a good day and i wish i had now but i really thought it was bad and there was hardly anyone there

OK Robo, ill shut up now haha! 8) we ALL know what I.G thinks of the terrasse. I must be the only girlie on the planet to not get that place haha!

I'm sorry but i feel that the music on the terrace is uplifting! Ok there are some nice tribal beats, but if there playing the likes of so much love to give- last year, E- Samba etc...these are not what i would call tribal.

To me the music on the terrace is pure quality! I do not feel it needs to be 'pigeon holed', it is at the end of the day an amazin place, where you will here some of teh best house music around and meet some of the nicest people!

When i'm there this year it will be Morillo and Lawler on the terrace for spaces birthday! For certain Lawler can do no wrong on the terrace it is his hunting ground for sure

Peace X

Back