Some last minute questions before I finish packing

MIA2IBZ

Printing all my tickets now and reading all the rules and restrictions and a couple thing stood out as well as few questions came up:

• On the ushuaia ticket it says no flip-flops, swimwear or sports jerseys - Isn't ushuaia a pool party technically or no? Girls cant wear bikinis, swimsuits, and guys cant wear swim trunks?
  • Pacha - no shorts and sports shoes - are the enforcing the shorts outside of VIP this year? Do they consider all sneakers sports shoes?
  • Hi - sneakers ok?
  • Privelege/resistance & DC-10. these are the only ones without any warnings. Does that mean anything goes in term of reasonable attire, i.e: they dont care about sneakers and shorts. Are jerseys allowed here? was planning on wearing a basketball jersey to Circoloco
  • Is there a security check going into any of these venues, i.e, do they empty or search your pockets or pat you down very heavily?
  • for going out during the day and bringing a smallish backpack (40 cm x 30 cm) cause me any problem into getting into any venues that start day time. I don't plan to bring it to any clubs, just for getting around during the day.
  • they all say drugs use is harmful to health but not that drugs arent allowed - not a question just thought it was funny LOL

Last edited:
Printing all my tickets now and reading all the rules and restrictions and a couple thing stood out as well as few questions came up:

• On the ushuaia ticket it says no flip-flops, swimwear or sports jerseys - Isn't ushuaia a pool party technically or no? Girls cant wear bikinis, swimsuits, and guys cant wear swim trunks?
  • Pacha - no shorts and sports shoes - are the enforcing the shorts outside of VIP this year? Do they consider all sneakers sports shoes?
  • Hi - sneakers ok?
  • Privelege/resistance & DC-10. these are the only ones without any warnings. Does that mean anything goes in term of reasonable attire, i.e: they dont care about sneakers and shorts. Are jerseys allowed here? was planning on wearing a basketball jersey to Circoloco
  • Is there a security check going into any of these venues, i.e, do they empty or search your pockets or pat you down very heavily?
  • for going out during the day and bringing a smallish backpack (40 cm x 30 cm) cause me any problem into getting into any venues that start day time. I don't plan to bring it to any clubs, just for getting around during the day.
  • they all say drugs use is harmful to health but not that drugs arent allowed - not a question just thought it was funny LOL
Ushuaia, I saw people in flip flops and swimwear, I guess if they don't like the look of you its grounds for them to refuse entry. Also no selfie sticks, saw an American couple in their 40s been turned away because of this!

They will give a cursory search to bags, mainly to check for alcohol/water/weapons. Same for a pat down, which is by a security person of the same gender (at ushuaia this was). Be prepared for your balls to be cupped (most excitement I got all week ?). They will dip fingers into pockets to check I guess for baggies/weapons.

Afaik pacha, smart 3/4 type shorts are fine, black trainers I found fine, I guess other types will be ok so long as not too garish. No sleeveless tops or swimwear for sure.

Also sports tops (like football shirts etc) tend to get refused entry (as far as I've seen)

Personally I take as little in with me as possible. Just cash, phone, ear protection, chewing gum and other bits and bobs. Keep them in front pockets!

If you're completely wasted you won't get in or if get in that state inside you're likely to be ejected.

In general the security people do a decent job and are no problem so long as you don't act like a dick.

As for VIP areas, completely different kettle of fish!

Ushuaia, I saw people in flip flops and swimwear, I guess if they don't like the look of you its grounds for them to refuse entry. Also no selfie sticks, saw an American couple in their 40s been turned away because of this!

They will give a cursory search to bags, mainly to check for alcohol/water/weapons. Same for a pat down, which is by a security person of the same gender (at ushuaia this was). Be prepared for your balls to be cupped (most excitement I got all week ?). They will dip fingers into pockets to check I guess for baggies/weapons.

Afaik pacha, smart 3/4 type shorts are fine, black trainers I found fine, I guess other types will be ok so long as not too garish. No sleeveless tops or swimwear for sure.

Also sports tops (like football shirts etc) tend to get refused entry (as far as I've seen)

Personally I take as little in with me as possible. Just cash, phone, ear protection, chewing gum and other bits and bobs. Keep them in front pockets!

If you're completely wasted you won't get in or if get in that state inside you're likely to be ejected.

In general the security people do a decent job and are no problem so long as you don't act like a dick.

As for VIP areas, completely different kettle of fish!

Thanks! Was the ball cupping customary at all venues? Trying to get in with a flask in some places lol

just to point one thing out - ushuaïa isn't a pool party. you can't get into the pool. don't go in swimwear. shorts and t-shirts fine - I wouldn't recommend flipflops, but sneakers instead.

• Hi - sneakers ok?

I can help with a few:
Went to an evening party at Ushuaia in 2015. Forget what people wore, but there was heavy security and everyone was body searched very thoroughly at the entrance for drugs. They opened my cigarette case and threw the contents (wink wink) into a bin bag and allowed me in. Also nobody was allowed in the water. Insurance wise, they probably don't want any lawsuits in case somebody falls into the water drunk or gets wasted high on drugs.

There was no body searches at Privilege or Pacha, although they did ask to look inside a woman's handbag. I wore casual shoes and long jeans at Pacha in 2013 at flower power night because I heard that shorts were not allowed, but I saw other people wearing them, so when I returned in 2014, and 2015 I just wore knee length jean shorts with no problems. Might just be the tiny hip length shorts that girls sometimes wear on the beach that are not permitted.

I can help with a few:
Went to an evening party at Ushuaia in 2015. Forget what people wore, but there was heavy security and everyone was body searched very thoroughly at the entrance for drugs. They opened my cigarette case and threw the contents (wink wink) into a bin bag and allowed me in. Also nobody was allowed in the water. Insurance wise, they probably don't want any lawsuits in case somebody falls into the water drunk or gets wasted high on drugs.

There was no body searches at Privilege or Pacha, although they did ask to look inside a woman's handbag. I wore casual shoes and long jeans at Pacha in 2013 at flower power night because I heard that shorts were not allowed, but I saw other people wearing them, so when I returned in 2014, and 2015 I just wore knee length jean shorts with no problems. Might just be the tiny hip length shorts that girls sometimes wear on the beach that are not permitted.
Thank you this was very helpful

• Hi - sneakers ok?
Ushuaia don't alow beach bag since 1-2 years i had to hide it .
Pacha short, sport shoes ok
Hi:sneakers ok

in some venue such ushuaia , the check is harder but afim concerned they never check me as they know i dont do drugs (was thinking to be a drug dealer? ?)
pacha/Priv/amnesia: no check if people want to sneak some bottle , be my guest ?

Back