Some DJ's

K

KildareGuy

There is a festival coming up here in Ireland and I was just wondering about a couple of DJ's playing there. What are Richie Hawtin, Dave Clarke and Laurent Garnier like? Underworld are playing as well but I have seen them before and they are excellent.

It is not really a dance event, there are five outdoor tents with one of them being a dance tent. It is on just 10 days before I head to Ibiza so it could be a good way to warm up :D :D :D

DAVE CLARCK is suuuuuuuuupeer we had a party from 2pm till 7 am an he started playing a t 4 and everybody was dead tired but kept on dancing he plays reaaaaal good techno ... L.garnier dont like him , he has such an air :-(

When si the event and where in Ireland?

Richie Hawtin is fantastic, he’s a techno dj (not my music of choice) but he is fantastic. And Laurent Garnier is absolutely superb!

Never seen Dave Clarke – he’s a techno dj too.

It's Witness and it is Punchestown Racecourse about a half hour from Dublin. It is on July 12 & 13.

It is not really a dance event, the headliners are Coldplay and David Gray but there are is a dance tent

Hawtin is worth the price of admission by himself...He is amazing...

Haven't seen Clarke or Garnier, but I'm sure they're great. All three are on the techno side of things. Clarke is probably the hardest, Hawtins is deeper and trippier, and Garnier is very eclectic.

Oh my word, KildareGuy - you are in for one treat!

We are talking about three of my favourite djs here. It''ll be techno at its finest (nice and dark)

Dave Clarke: Always keeps the crowd on their toes. Drops in 'surprises'
Richie Hawtin: Technically perfect live. Maybe a bit TOO perfect.
Laurent Garnier: The Holy Grail. Still not seen him live (will do this summer) but he is meant to be awesome.

What festival is this?

OMG!!! TECHNOOOOOO!!! Quality line up u got there! :)

All the Djs listed are AMAZING!

I heard Dave Clarke on sat- spot on:) Aint heard Garnier in a while but hes bound to be good- he plays better when hes got a long set IMO.

Richie Hawtin is a genius! His technical abilities are unbelievable, he'll prob have 3 1210's, a couple of cdj1000's, a notepad, and a load of 303, 808, 909 and electro gadgets ;)!

u like ur techno dont u Kittenshead mate! U should of gone Atomic Jam on sat- that was pure techno :)

Thanks everybody (especially Kitten's Head), you have convinced me to go!!! I'll let you all know how I get on!!

They are the sort of dj's that make u luv techno when you thought you didn't like it b4
Have seen them all at various bugged out events and they are all good
Laurant garnier is the best in my opinion though, he works the crowd well.

Crikey - I wouldn't miss that for the world - ur gonna have a brill time - Each of the DJs u mention are up with my favourites.

Richie Hawtin is a genius! His technical abilities are unbelievable, he'll prob have 3 1210's, a couple of cdj1000's, a notepad, and a load of 303, 808, 909 and electro gadgets

OMG, yeah - the last time I heard him play it the DJ box looked more like someone was gonna perform live - crammed full of gadgets/decks/laptop - he is sooooo cool :D

dfunky said:
They are the sort of dj's that make u luv techno when you thought you didn't like it b4

That’s exactly what I was going to say – you beat me to it. :D

I first saw most of them in 98 at Bugged out and after that I bought an MC 505 ( which emulates the 303 808 and 909 ) and a cool effects unit
I still use them now but have never had the chance to use them while i'm out playing in a club.
The things that you can do with them is pretty cool. especially when you use the d beam controller ( a light sensetive beam that controlls the effects with your hand by moving it up and down e.t.c )
When you hear them play a lot of the time you won't recognise a lot of the tunes as they add beats, bass lines and effects to them as they go.

nish said:
u like ur techno dont u Kittenshead mate! U should of gone Atomic Jam on sat- that was pure techno :)

Very much so! I like house and electro too, but techno is my real forte. Always dance right up at the front for it, although you tend not to get too many other girls at techno nights.

(Which makes it good for pulling!)

dfunky said:
I first saw most of them in 98 at Bugged out and after that I bought an MC 505 ( which emulates the 303 808 and 909 ) and a cool effects unit
I still use them now but have never had the chance to use them while i'm out playing in a club.
The things that you can do with them is pretty cool. especially when you use the d beam controller ( a light sensetive beam that controlls the effects with your hand by moving it up and down e.t.c )
When you hear them play a lot of the time you won't recognise a lot of the tunes as they add beats, bass lines and effects to them as they go.

Babe!- U wanna get reason / rebirth for ur computer to have a play around. Some of the software synths are getting pretty damn good now :)

Yeah i Have both reason and rebirth and acid and tons of other stuff for the pc
I used to do a bit of stuff on them but havn't done much in ages. Ive been concentrating on other things recently
I also get really fed up of staring at a computer screen
I am not much of a techy either, thats why i prefer playing tunes rather than making them
I am going to try and start doing some things soon as i have a friend who is interested in doing some stuff.
I have a little mini studio here so making music isn't to difficult.
Its making good music thats the hard bit LOL

lol dfunky. My I gotta couple of mates from work like u, they prefer hardware. One of them blows his wages on hardware stuff -Sam, he makes trance tunes. The other -Carl is making his own studio with his mate!

Back