Sober clubbing

Done a lot of nights sober since the start of the season. Some with an eye on finances, most with an eye on workload the day after.

I think I can safely say, that if I was given the choice, I wouldn't do without any intoxicants. If it's busy, as Ibiza clubs are for the most part, you need to be on a similar wave length to everybody else. That means putting up with a certain amount of pushing and (unwanted) bodily contact. Going out sober ultimately lowers your tolerance to these nuisances.

Plus, most of the headline acts play last or at least late, which leaves you with a dilemma: arrive early sober and risk being too tired by the time they come on? Or arrive late and find yourself sitting indoors - sober - when everybody else is either already out or in bed?

Neither is that appealing.

Your guys don´t like the music:eek:

Some of us do! First and foremost, I'm there for the music and pretty much every party I go to is one where I could enjoy the night 100% sober.

For sure, other options are an amazing great time and can make a good night into an unforgettable one (or into one you can barely remember at all ;) )

But for me, a fun week in Ibiza is go out to two parties a day for five days straight. I don't the cash / brain cells / serotonin to do all that unless I make a decent percentage of them at least sober-ish.

I have done nights out on half a bottle of JD and had a great night

I think you have to be under the influence of something to really enjoy the night. Alcohol alone (Whiskey/spirits) makes you relax, laugh, more energy and gets you in the right mind set. Also if you do a day event you can wake up the next day fresh in the morning no problem

If you go Sober you just feel like a spare prick at a wedding imo

If you go Sober you just feel like a spare prick at a wedding imo

Maybe if you haven't done it much - personally I don't at all and can enjoy just as much if not more sometimes. But then I'm not really self-aware if I'm out partying, I think that has a lot to do with whether you feel out of place or not. Comes with age mate ;)

Just need to switch into the right mindset. I tend to steer clear of parties full of barging cokeheads who are the one group I've never got on with - with or without booze or anything else ! Really think it depends on your nature and personality tbh.

Well of course you can party sober. I like to take md, but I also dont want to use it too much and loose its magic.
I am also a biiig fan of electronic music so I dont see any problem with just going for the music. You dont have as much energy and it is different, but uf the music is good, its good no matther what.

I boxed a few times in my early 20’s (wasn’t any good before anyone accuses me of giving it big licks on an Internet forum lol) and was on an alcohol ban in training and leading up to bouts.

My mates would still drag me out at the weekend and being the stubborn f ucker that I am I would resist their attempts to break me.

Have to say they were easily the worst nights out I’ve ever had. Drunken mongs slavering and knocking into me all night. Watching every one else having a great time.

Must of muttered the words ‘knob’ and ‘f uck off’ under my breath a million times lol.

Gave me an understanding of why doormen/bouncers can be so grumpy sometimes.

No more sober nights for me.

If I’m out, I’m out out. No half measures.

Personally I think MD comedowns are overhyped. I try to stick to an amount that doesn't make me overly paranoid or worry about my heart, still allows me to piss and doesn't have me gurning too much. :lol: That's < 400mg in a night and doesn't seem to induce a notable comedown. Worst thing about MD for me is the sleep paralysis a couple of nights later. I swear I only need look at a pill and I will get the dreaded sleep paralysis.

Holy sh1t!

Sleep paralysis!

It’s horendous!

Genuinely thought someone was in my house trying to kill me the first time I got this.

They need to find a cure ASAP.

I can totally relate to some of the post made here. While I can imagine sober clubbing since I really like the music....it's all about the wavelength, the atmosphere and the feeling of unity with everyone. I tried a sober night @ Circoloco DC10 after a non-sober Elrow night...ended up going home really early because I felt like the only person not enjoying the night.

I boxed a few times in my early 20’s (wasn’t any good before anyone accuses me of giving it big licks on an Internet forum lol) and was on an alcohol ban in training and leading up to bouts.

My mates would still drag me out at the weekend and being the stubborn f ucker that I am I would resist their attempts to break me.

Have to say they were easily the worst nights out I’ve ever had. Drunken mongs slavering and knocking into me all night. Watching every one else having a great time.

Must of muttered the words ‘knob’ and ‘f uck off’ under my breath a million times lol.

Gave me an understanding of why doormen/bouncers can be so grumpy sometimes.

No more sober nights for me.

If I’m out, I’m out out. No half measures.

The one place I won't go out any more is somewhere full of pissheads. Seeing drunk people sober is enough to put you off alcohol for life. Whatever your personal choice about drugs, with the possible exception of K and excess coke in clubs) it's always far more enjoyable spending a night in the company of people on them than boozed up w@ankers.

The one place I won't go out any more is somewhere full of pissheads. Seeing drunk people sober is enough to put you off alcohol for life. Whatever your personal choice about drugs, with the possible exception of K and excess coke in clubs) it's always far more enjoyable spending a night in the company of people on them than boozed up w@ankers.

Dunno, I think coke is the worst - out of md, booze and coke anyway. At best, you're gonna start talking over everyone else... Really not that much experience of people on ket (that I know of). That's not to say I've never had coke myself or similar dopamine-y things (like the drone :rolleyes:, but def wouldn't do that one out, even if it were still available).

Dunno, I think coke is the worst - out of md, booze and coke anyway. At best, you're gonna start talking over everyone else... Really not that much experience of people on ket (that I know of). That's not to say I've never had coke myself or similar dopamine-y things (like the drone :rolleyes:, but def wouldn't do that one out, even if it were still available).

You know my views on coke very well by now I am sure ;)

My default is copious amounts of beer and I'm a ball of laughs to party with :lol:
But it takes a certain disposition. I'm fortunate to be a naturally happy drunk

Back