Sirenis Playa Dorada

deelightful44

Anyone been to this hotel this year,just wondering if the food was ok and generally is it a good hotel?Sorry forgot to say its in Calla LLonga,thanks

hi well it was ok in sept last year - rooms were ok - the foods a bit repetetive but it's edible same as most hotels - cala llonga a nice place too some nice restaurants and bars - if you've not done already i'd recommend upgrading to all inc at the hotel - well worth it for drinks and snacks etc and you can eat in the imperial next door and for some reason the food in there seems better than the dorada.

hope this helps

thanks,we have been considering doing this,i dont know how much more it would be though,we go in 5 weeks time and it might be too late now,

upgrade when you check in the hotel.most are around 15/16 euro for drinks a/i and 19/20 for food and drinks.

Dorada

Hi Just got back from Dorada and Imperial at the moment they are only using one restraunte in Imperial for both hotels which is a bit of a free for all and busy , they may well open Dorada restraunte when hotels fill up a bit not sure . food not to bad bit on the warm side and not like uk piping hot but plenty of choice , try some of the local bars the Mayfair Cocktail Bar friendly bar with young couple running it ,Pirates have happy hour, Jovi give you free tapas with drinks hope this helps enjoy holiday

lollies

Cool Stephen I like your answer with the lollies BRILL, also dont fancy food poisoning warming things in a microwave when you pay for them to be correct in the first place

mirowave food kills all known gems dead.if the hotel as those heat lamps above food.they are no good.best when its warmed from a hot water tray underneath,

steve hope that was a joke.

if you don;t what to take my tip.ok get food poisoning..only way you get that is with people not washing there hands before they eat. when picking up items like bread.only time i don;t nuke it.is when they have just cooked item from show cooking area.then you can have eggs ect cooked just how you like them.cannot really say how the food is at this hotel.never been in to look,

and i can tell you now.your food gets put in a mirowave in some of the best eating places.

i have read on another forum that they have been incorporating 3 hotels for meals at the moment,and that it was pretty much a bun fight, and if you didnt get in beofre 7.15 you had a job getting a table,great,we got in 5 weeks time and am now not looking forward to this at all,we have always gone s/c for the last 20 yrs,dure to having kids with us, now they are growing up we thought we would take a chane on h/b wish w e hadnt now

Dorada

Hi deelight sorry to have got you panicing to be honest this is the first time in Ibiza this has been done and I have done HB all the time in Ibiza over a 12 year period and stayed in Hotels from 4* to 2* twice yearly , I would think when you go the Hotels will be more busy as while I was there they open up a extra 3 floors so people are going ,Ibiza is down on tourist numbers up to now but numbers are picking up slowly , dont let the situation put you off as 5 weeks time more people will be there than when I was there and suspect the Dorada Hotel will have opened the restraunte when you go,

woodruffe

I know most places use microwaves but industrial ones are better than a little 800watt one which Imperial has and to think if everyone in the hotel had to use it they would be there all day plus not all hotels have them for clients to use , most food today ie frozen says cook from frozen and serve piping hot dont reheat once done , baymarie are good at keeping food hot when they are used correct,that is put on hours before food is put in . as in most hotels they dont turn them on soon enough thats why food goes cold quickly , I know it difficult to cater for hundreds of people at once but thats what the hotel trade is about and has been for years ,but when you pay good money for services you should not have to be farting around warming things up if the jobs done right in the first place

Mitac your right.i stayed in a 4 star hotel this time.and i would say the food was not even warm.you should of seen people ramming food down them.i just gave it a minute or so in mirowave.i even did a bit of show cooking myself.with there begin low numbers in hotel in early june.the hotel just had one person cooking and refilling food up.very poor for what you pay.i can see what they have done to save money by not opening another room.at the Dorada Hotel.on the plus side at my hotel.water was red hot for tea.and the breadrolls were freshly cooked.loads of fresh friut and cakes.

ok mitac thanks for trying to put my mind at ease,there are 12 of us going,thats 4 families all with 13yr old boys,do you think the daytime activities will be of any interest to them?
thanks Debs

Hi Just got back from Dorada and Imperial at the moment they are only using one restraunte in Imperial for both hotels which is a bit of a free for all and busy , they may well open Dorada restraunte when hotels fill up a bit not sure . food not to bad bit on the warm side and not like uk piping hot but plenty of choice , try some of the local bars the Mayfair Cocktail Bar friendly bar with young couple running it ,Pirates have happy hour, Jovi give you free tapas with drinks hope this helps enjoy holiday

anyone anymore recent info on this,is the doradsa restraunt open yet? Only 2 week until we go.

Back