Sir Alex Ferguson hopes for peace before Manchester United's Champions League quarter

Great result for United, i truly believe they will go on and win it this year, they look unstoppable.8)

The threat this year is from Barca (who ain't all that at the moment and is probbably a good time to play them) and obviously the English sides as they all have the measure of each other. I got a sneaky for Chelsea which I pray to god I am wrong.

agreed, look at Liverpool in 2005, they were doing naff all on the domestic front, just goes to show what a cup run can bring out in a relativley under-achieving side.

Great result for United, i truly believe they will go on and win it this year, they look unstoppable.8)

Jonny, I like going on the BBC 606 forums and ALL i see are posts on the Utd page like "we will destroy Barcelona"

Given, on present form you are better than us, but its 3 weeks away, plus Messi and Deco should be back for us for then and on our day we can match you in every department. Messi makes a huge difference

it will suit us that you will be favourites so the pressure will be off.. Dont count your chickens!

All this is assuming we'll both get through :lol:

ps: We were good in the 1st half yesterday but poor in the 2nd, toure is knackered, im pleased marquez is back from injury. Bojan will be a star in the future 8)

Jonny, I like going on the BBC 606 forums and ALL i see are posts on the Utd page like "we will destroy Barcelona"

Given, on present form you are better than us, but its 3 weeks away, plus Messi and Deco should be back for us for then and on our day we can match you in every department. Messi makes a huge difference

it will suit us that you will be favourites so the pressure will be off.. Dont count your chickens!

All this is assuming we'll both get through :lol:

ps: We were good in the 1st half yesterday but poor in the 2nd, toure is knackered, im pleased marquez is back from injury. Bojan will be a star in the future 8)

come on ferd, even you as a foreigner (;)) must know how arrogant manure fans are. arguably so, considering their success over the last 15 years but even so nobody likes a cocky twat.

btw - how frustrating is it watching barsa at the mo. grrrrrrr :x leo should be back for the semi, shouldn't he?

edit - just re-read your post. he makes a HUGE difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
coming from a scouse fan I have to laugh :lol:

my other post says all you need to know, so i've no argument here. but answer me this, do you recognise where the "arrogant man utd fan" accusation comes from?

typically attributable to non-manc man utd fans. usually live in surrey or ireland.;):lol:

my other post says all you need to know, so i've no argument here. but answer me this, do you recognise where the "arrogant man utd fan" accusation comes from?

typically attributable to non-manc man utd fans. usually live in surrey or ireland.;):lol:

i guessed that grego, hence the post ;)!

by the way where are you from again?

Born and bred scouser yourself then are we:!:

It's true, unless you support your home town team, although there are some exceptions, you are open to accusations of being "plastic".

And many Man U supporters fall into this category.

For the last and final time, Jonny isn't a man utd fan... So can't even be a plastic one...

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=52557

Although the Man u hype stuff he's started the very next round after Celtic got knocked out has me a bit confused now... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Off to see the Chelsea game in a mo, hoping for a repeat of the Galatasary result many moons ago...

Welcome to hell??? We're not that bothered... :D:D:D

Just watching the Liv-Arse on SopCast and thought i'd blast out a 4 min Tobata workout as it wasn't looing too excitng......pick myself up off the floor 4 minutes later and i've missed 2 goals :( Gggrrr!

Grego, i agree about Barca. We just dont seem to be clicking in place. hopefully Messi and Deco can sort that out 8)

About tonight, this was why I didnt want Liverpool. So hard to break down. Thought it was a good game. Arsenal didnt play badly but just couldnt get through in the 2nd half. Clear pen I have to admit.

Fenerbache played well. Chelsea shouldve scored more in the first half, but then Fenerbache had good chances in the second. what a goal for the winner!! :eek:

It's true, unless you support your home town team, although there are some exceptions, you are open to accusations of being "plastic".

And many Man U supporters fall into this category.

Bollocks. You live in Liverpool your whole life, season ticket holder for 30 years... However, you get a new job in S****horpe, your wife lives in S****horpe, your kids are in S****horpe. Whatdya do ?!

Speaking from a Toon supporter in Bournemouth...although I do see Bournemouth more than I see Toon.

err......never made it unclear where i'm from

it was just a question I wasn't going to accuse you of being plastic or anything!

I'd agree people who don't live in the town of there favourite team get called plastic or whatever but in my defence I travel up to see my team as frequent as possible, I have friends who are season ticket holders and I have relations up that way who are all avid fans.

Therefore in my eyes I'm a loyal supporter from the saaarth! :lol:

Back