Shocking!!! It's House music baby :-)

DJ Soulman

Last night at my main residency, because its dead at the early part of the night, I played an hour and a half of my set that I played in Ibiza last week (all harmonically mixed of course).

The owner had heard the last 45 minutes before I went into the usual cheese n chart. Was asking what was that music 'cos it was really good and thought it was very dancey. In those immortal words I told him "It's House music baby!". He told me 3 years ago NOT to play House music, seems like he didn't know what House music was back then.

He was very impressed and wants to come with me to Ibiza sometime (free trip maybe :lol:). I said I can play this for the first hour or 2 every Saturday and advertise, get some House heads in, we got nothing to lose as it's dead anyway. Hopefully I may have just made a major breakthrough and converted him.

Wow, all this on the back of Ibiza :eek: Shocking :eek::eek::eek:

IIIIIIIIIbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaa............. 8):lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Les - *waves

No more Shindig at Digital ....... :confused: Last time I was in - numbers were down to less than 300.... :spank:

Hello Les - *waves

No more Shindig at Digital ....... :confused: Last time I was in - numbers were down to less than 300.... :spank:

OMG :eek:

Unfortunately, haven't been able to get there for a few years due to work commitments (DJing til 2.30am every Sat).

How are you? Haven't seen you for ages. Been or going to the white isle this year?

OMG :eek:

Unfortunately, haven't been able to get there for a few years due to work commitments (DJing til 2.30am every Sat).

How are you? Haven't seen you for ages. Been or going to the white isle this year?

I am good thanks - first year off in 10 this year :(, however, come Sept and the thought of closing parties..... :oops: well, who knows....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah - Shindig'sbeen dead for ages now - looking at numbers of less than 500 generally more found the 300 - 400 mark.... on a really good night....

You out this year? Still playing at the Orange Corner etc?

You out this year? Still playing at the Orange Corner etc?

Just back last Friday, played Electro/Tech House at the OC last Wednesday night. Bit frustrating with the noise restrictions now, it's almost background music. :cry:

Only did Space (Sun 11pm-6am) & Privilage (Tiesto), wanted to see his lightshow. Very impressive, shame the music wasn't, he played Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire and La Roux - In For The Kill, what's that all about? :confused: Played more House than Trance.

Bora Bora is different this year as they have turned the speakers inwards to the glassed area. However, when the DJs start at 4.30pm it gets full with dancers and it's like being in a club for the volume levels. The doors are left open which has the effect of much lower volume levels reaching the beach, but, you can still hear it right down to the waters edge. The picnic tables alas have gone, no more dancing on tables. One very large Policeman hangs around the DJ Booth and there are spies reporting to him of drug users. Every now and then they dive into the crowd and cart some poor sole into a backroom to be grilled. :eek:

As I said, it's not the same, it's different, but, I like it and I think it works quite well. 8)

He was very impressed and wants to come with me to Ibiza sometime (free trip maybe :lol:). I said I can play this for the first hour or 2 every Saturday and advertise, get some House heads in, we got nothing to lose as it's dead anyway. Hopefully I may have just made a major breakthrough and converted him.

Wow, all this on the back of Ibiza :eek: Shocking :eek::eek::eek:

IIIIIIIIIbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaa............. 8):lol:[/QUOTE]

Best of Luck!!!

The bar I play in, the owner is in his 50's and wont let me play anything except for house music and electro house! Have to play some old skool and bring it down with some Lady Ga Ga and Dizzie Rasca for the girlies. but as it says in the Chris Kaeser track....

NOW I UNDERSTAND THERES A RUMOUR GOING ROUND THAT HOUSE MUSIC IS DEAD....

IM HERE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT,

HOUSE MUSIC IS VERY MUCH ALIVE

HOUSE MUSIC WILL NEVER DIE

Chris Kaeser's Rhythm of the beat is really getting them going at the moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzc--EoJhgI

Just back last Friday, played Electro/Tech House at the OC last Wednesday night. Bit frustrating with the noise restrictions now, it's almost background music. :cry:

Only did Space (Sun 11pm-6am) & Privilage (Tiesto), wanted to see his lightshow. Very impressive, shame the music wasn't, he played Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire and La Roux - In For The Kill, what's that all about? :confused: Played more House than Trance.

Bora Bora is different this year as they have turned the speakers inwards to the glassed area. However, when the DJs start at 4.30pm it gets full with dancers and it's like being in a club for the volume levels. The doors are left open which has the effect of much lower volume levels reaching the beach, but, you can still hear it right down to the waters edge. The picnic tables alas have gone, no more dancing on tables. One very large Policeman hangs around the DJ Booth and there are spies reporting to him of drug users. Every now and then they dive into the crowd and cart some poor sole into a backroom to be grilled. :eek:

As I said, it's not the same, it's different, but, I like it and I think it works quite well. 8)

Yeah - they have had gorillas for security at BB for the past few years in my opinion. I have seen some OTT confrontations with punters there.... not what you want to see when your in a happy place like... :lol: but then again - you shouldnt be so obvious if you are doing minxy things - specially in BB, so.... :confused:

I kind of said last year when I got back - very different but then so am I - certainly not the same person I was 10 year ago when I went and I accepted that last year. Didnt make me want to rush back to the Island for the openings again this year like....

However, I think I might have my arm twisted come Sept.... :lol::lol:

Back