Shadows 2019

where ‚power back‘, at your home/hotel?
No sorry villa power was out at Cala Vadella for hours today. Made cooking/eating getting ready interesting! We also took about 45 min to get to Amnesia because of debris. I have seen rain here many times but that something.

Well well ... This was different ... Arrived early about 6.50pm as instructed to avoid the queues and weather did look a bit dodgy on the West of the island a lot darker than in Ibiza town ... Place was actually decently busy and quite a lot of people "having it" early doors (possible a benefit of the poor weather in that they were itching to get out and about) ... Got a drink and found a nice little spot with no through traffic ... Made contact with @Gingersolstice and her sister and settled in
and Maggie came on managing to avoid switching the music off as she had last time we saw her in July. We were at the Tale of Us / Solomun night in late July and this was a lot busier. It seemed to get dark really quickly but that was basically a horrendous rain cloud that parked over head and the heavens opened like I have never seen. We put our rain ponchos on but it was too much and then tried to make our way out of the rain whilst a load of dick heads just waited undercover on the stars and refused to move into the toilets / club bit ... Felt a bit dangerous really with danger of crush / surge ... At this point I got separated from the wife and our new friends and with phone reception at CS non-existent I hung about to look for them ... About 20 minutes later bumped into my wife ... Once we gathered ourselves and found a spot in the club it was heaving but we were having a nice time with the help of some stashed goodies from our July trip ... We found a slightly better spot and Maggie continued to play and actually the music in the club was really good and the vibe was one of people really up for this party and indeed it was still only 9pm .... Then on the projection behind the DJ I saw it say party will continue at Amnesia with Solomun ... Thought I was seeing things but in hindsight they had this planned from yesterday when the set times changed to "to be continued in the club" - clearly it didn't say which club! I think the torrential rain just pulled plan forwards this forwards a couple of hours. But did get the sense that Amnesia group needed this night to "pay" big time - no card Machines working at Cova Santa - cash only! (Still only 9pm BTW in this review)

After checking with security about the subliminal message about transferring to Amnesia via buses we decided to make a hasty exit and headed out ... I remember @Gingersolstice at this point wrapping herself up in curtain for a bit of a laugh during our trip to the car park where we were given bands for Amnesia but told maybe take a taxi as bused could be a while ... Joined what we thought was a taxi cue headed up by Cova Santa staff dressed as fishermen (or their friends) but by this point hardly any taxis arriving as the weather was so bad it must have put people off ... We queued for what felt like ages but was probably only 10-15 minutes and they decided to move the taxi queue and from being quite close to the front we ended up at the back but then a coach and a bus turned up and we had to change back to the original queue so we just retook our position near the front ... We ended up on coach which was at the front but somehow the bus tried to sneak past us and managed to turn too sharply and "ground" itself on a big pine tree including caving some windows in ... We figured they'd have to get everyone off the bus due to the broken glass but they didn't seem to bother and off they went and we followed arriving at Amnesia at about 9.55pm ... In we walked and poor old Solomun is there literally on his own (no big booth entourage who all still at Cova Santa with his sister) trying to warm up the place and he starts at a slow pace which was a bit of shame given a lot of us are "raving" quite hard at this point ... As the place fills up he eventually picks up the pace and its really a great result to be at Amnesia with plenty of space to dance with a crowd who are up for it / very friendly ... Things blur a bit from here but Maggie joined Solomun from about twelve and the b2b was a bit weird going from full-on techno to really light stuff at times but people were enjoying it and the booth at the side by the men's toilets actually works really well in getting people facing down off the steps ... A few trips to the garden and we gave away loads of cigarettes and I met a nice English girl out for her 40th who said she got caught in the downpour at Cova Santa and wasn't looking forwards to Amnesia since she had been to Abode the night before and felt out of place due to her age but was amazed at the different profile at the Solomun night (and it was a much older / mixed nationality night as could be expected ... We knew @Gingersolstice had to leave at some point to head to Pacha for Dixon and after losing her mischievous sister for a while we gathered ourselves for a goodbye and me and Mrs Zap (now another quarter in) continued to enjoy things but after a few more smoke breaks and missing our friends and not quite able to recreate the randomness of the night called it a day at 3am ... Easy to grab a taxi and €12 back to the port ... Good kip and here I am ...

All in all this was a great party and despite the bad luck Maggie has had all season ... Missed DJ flights ... Personal / family issues meaning she missed a few weeks and then the weather at the closing party they did really well to hold It together and maybe the move to Amnesia could be the sign of things to come? Friday night slot empty ... Ready made party to replace it with friends in high places (and Shadows really is a Diynamic / People & Machines booking agency Party by any other name) ... will be interested to hear what happened from 3am as I expect it got really tasty musically from then but we needed to keep some gas in the tank for other things

Well well ... This was different ... Arrived early about 6.50pm as instructed to avoid the queues and weather did look a bit dodgy on the West of the island a lot darker than in Ibiza town ... Place was actually decently busy and quite a lot of people "having it" early doors (possible a benefit of the poor weather in that they were itching to get out and about) ... Got a drink and found a nice little spot with no through traffic ... Made contact with @Gingersolstice and her sister and settled in
and Maggie came on managing to avoid switching the music off as she had last time we saw her in July. We were at the Tale of Us / Solomun night in late July and this was a lot busier. It seemed to get dark really quickly but that was basically a horrendous rain cloud that parked over head and the heavens opened like I have never seen. We put our rain ponchos on but it was too much and then tried to make our way out of the rain whilst a load of dick heads just waited undercover on the stars and refused to move into the toilets / club bit ... Felt a bit dangerous really with danger of crush / surge ... At this point I got separated from the wife and our new friends and with phone reception at CS non-existent I hung about to look for them ... About 20 minutes later bumped into my wife ... Once we gathered ourselves and found a spot in the club it was heaving but we were having a nice time with the help of some stashed goodies from our July trip ... We found a slightly better spot and Maggie continued to play and actually the music in the club was really good and the vibe was one of people really up for this party and indeed it was still only 9pm .... Then on the projection behind the DJ I saw it say party will continue at Amnesia with Solomun ... Thought I was seeing things but in hindsight they had this planned from yesterday when the set times changed to "to be continued in the club" - clearly it didn't say which club! I think the torrential rain just pulled plan forwards this forwards a couple of hours. But did get the sense that Amnesia group needed this night to "pay" big time - no card Machines working at Cova Santa - cash only! (Still only 9pm BTW in this review)

After checking with security about the subliminal message about transferring to Amnesia via buses we decided to make a hasty exit and headed out ... I remember @Gingersolstice at this point wrapping herself up in curtain for a bit of a laugh during our trip to the car park where we were given bands for Amnesia but told maybe take a taxi as bused could be a while ... Joined what we thought was a taxi cue headed up by Cova Santa staff dressed as fishermen (or their friends) but by this point hardly any taxis arriving as the weather was so bad it must have put people off ... We queued for what felt like ages but was probably only 10-15 minutes and they decided to move the taxi queue and from being quite close to the front we ended up at the back but then a coach and a bus turned up and we had to change back to the original queue so we just retook our position near the front ... We ended up on coach which was at the front but somehow the bus tried to sneak past us and managed to turn too sharply and "ground" itself on a big pine tree including caving some windows in ... We figured they'd have to get everyone off the bus due to the broken glass but they didn't seem to bother and off they went and we followed arriving at Amnesia at about 9.55pm ... In we walked and poor old Solomun is there literally on his own (no big booth entourage who all still at Cova Santa with his sister) trying to warm up the place and he starts at a slow pace which was a bit of shame given a lot of us are "raving" quite hard at this point ... As the place fills up he eventually picks up the pace and its really a great result to be at Amnesia with plenty of space to dance with a crowd who are up for it / very friendly ... Things blur a bit from here but Maggie joined Solomun from about twelve and the b2b was a bit weird going from full-on techno to really light stuff at times but people were enjoying it and the booth at the side by the men's toilets actually works really well in getting people facing down off the steps ... A few trips to the garden and we gave away loads of cigarettes and I met a nice English girl out for her 40th who said she got caught in the downpour at Cova Santa and wasn't looking forwards to Amnesia since she had been to Abode the night before and felt out of place due to her age but was amazed at the different profile at the Solomun night (and it was a much older / mixed nationality night as could be expected ... We knew @Gingersolstice had to leave at some point to head to Pacha for Dixon and after losing her mischievous sister for a while we gathered ourselves for a goodbye and me and Mrs Zap (now another quarter in) continued to enjoy things but after a few more smoke breaks and missing our friends and not quite able to recreate the randomness of the night called it a day at 3am ... Easy to grab a taxi and €12 back to the port ... Good kip and here I am ...

All in all this was a great party and despite the bad luck Maggie has had all season ... Missed DJ flights ... Personal / family issues meaning she missed a few weeks and then the weather at the closing party they did really well to hold It together and maybe the move to Amnesia could be the sign of things to come? Friday night slot empty ... Ready made party to replace it with friends in high places (and Shadows really is a Diynamic / People & Machines booking agency Party by any other name) ... will be interested to hear what happened from 3am as I expect it got really tasty musically from then but we needed to keep some gas in the tank for other things
Can't even wrap yourself up in a curtain anonymously now a days ? see you tonight ?

Back