Shadows 2019

don't forget though, it's one of the dates with most events of the whole summer that one. SHM at ushuaïa, the boiler room at dc10 etc...I think people will split up nicely between all those events. we'll see.

I'm planning on heading there after SHM, or during if I can manage to get out early but I reckon its going to be one of the toughest nights to get into late. I'm keeping my hopes up though :)

Love the concept of a free event but sometimes the peace of mind of having a ticket is nice lol

IMO f*** shm off and just do shadows. You won’t regret it.
I agree but my girl's and part of the group im going with's main event is SHM. So i gotta stay at least as long as she wants to stay. Every other event we're already doing was chosen by me

No m.a.n.d.y. and no Michael Mayer at Shadows tonight.
On their instagram they state that they are both stuck at Frankfurt airport.
Nakadia will fill in the club slot after midnight. This must be a huge letdown for Magdalena on her opening night. Not 1 but 2 dj's not being able to play.

So what's the crack?
Who went? how did it work out after the cancellations?
Was it busy, what was the atmosphere like and what crowd did it attract?

Last edited:
So what's the crack?
Who went? how did it work our after the cancellations?
Was it busy, what was the atmosphere like and what crowd did it attract?
This is judging from my couch with instagram stories...
Looked rather quiet compared to what im used to at Cova Santa...BUT...it looked great in terms of people dancing and cheering, music, decoration, lights. Would definitely go. Unfortunately in June it hadn't started yet and by the time I get back in September it's done already.

someone of our team is going today so if you remind us tomorrow we'll be able to tell you how it was.

you mean 26th july then? I guess if they're at capacity they'll stop let people in but yeah, from what I understand even this date is free entry.

don't forget though, it's one of the dates with most events of the whole summer that one. SHM at ushuaïa, the boiler room at dc10 etc...I think people will split up nicely between all those events. we'll see.
So then Stivi, how did your guys find it?

So then Stivi, how did your guys find it?

okay so...

you've maybe seen/heard that two of the artists didn't get to the island to play shadows on friday. mandy and michael mayer were caught in airport trouble in frankfurt. so 50% of the line up was suddenly gone. obviously this wasn't ideal and it resulted in kollektiv turmstrasse playing a 5hr extended set plus nakadia being added last minute.

despite that, sasha who went said it was super nice musically. melodic outside and then harder in the club after midnight. it got reasonably busy. I'm sure this is an event that will pick up now, but as there's a lot going on friday evening/night and similar musically I don't think this will be packed with the exception of the solomun dates. prove me wrong though!

Back