Secret Life of an Ibiza Worker

Part of the reason I held off on putting this out there. But I think after this long it's going to be hard to link it to my real identity, or what I do for a living now. And also any of the others in the story.

They've all had their names changed as well!
a leopard never changes its spots...might be a good thing for her to read this. What an awful individual...I am quite Generous also but detest when people I’ve helped take the piss.

Part of the reason I held off on putting this out there. But I think after this long it's going to be hard to link it to my real identity, or what I do for a living now. And also any of the others in the story.

They've all had their names changed as well!
Only their names?

You know what some of them doing now ?

There is a reason , for me to ask : In Germany its hard to find a job if you have a work in Ibz in your CV. Ok , not every , but a lot of technical jobs , banking , white collar kobs in general , and so on. Thats the reason , some people dont want to tell ...

There is a reason , for me to ask : In Germany its hard to find a job if you have a work in Ibz in your CV. Ok , not every , but a lot of technical jobs , banking , white collar kobs in general , and so on. Thats the reason , some people dont want to tell ...
Wow. That’s interesting. Very different to the UK. Is that your perception or a widely held known in Germany?

I had some collegues from UK , they told me its different.The australians too.

Some Chiefs in engineering for example are very conservative. If they hear this , you have bad cards to get the job. In many other professions its similar.For jobs in tourism its not a disatvantage. A lot of personal people want a gapless CV. They use it not only for your skills , they use it to find out where you are. As a student I was there ( in Ibz)for some months , its not in the papers.
Maybe Stivi or someone can tell something to it.

@craig , this is no fun. Where is the problem ?

Last edited:

That's the last chapter so you will have to wait and see!

It's not something that goes against you in the Uk for a job though. Most heads of businesses I know, who know I worked there are just really jealous!

My advice, don't put it on your CV - put travelling around Europe or nothing at all... In the UK atleast you don't have to include every part of your life on your CV

The Descent Into Madness

Moving and still working all over the place had been quite stressful so I decided that it was time to have a quiet few days, where I could really just lay in bed and relax and watch a film so my first night at the new apartment I decided to do just that..

10 o clock came and CRASH! Half snoozing, watching Schlinder's List I almost had a heart attack, what on earth was that noise?! A second later I knew, Billy had dragged me out of bed and was waving me around the bedroom! To say Billy was off his head is definitely an understatement! He was wild, crazy and talking a million miles an hour. Apparently the rest of the boys (well Brett and Ethan anyway, Craig didn't have fun remember!) would be back shortly and I just had to come out!

Next came the emotional blackmail - me being in pjs was no excuse! Billy was promised that I was fun, Brett promised I got drunk every night, Brett promised I never said no to a party, Brett promised I could get them free drinks anywhere, Brett promised I could get them free club tickets! (Anyone think Brett should just marry me?) Well my complaints were definitely falling on death ears, so I got out of bed and put some clothes on; what's the worst that could happen right? (Well anyone thinking that, you've obviously never met Billy!) From what I remember that Billy got into a fight on the way to the west end with a man dressed as the Joker, Brett mine swept 4 large full jugs of cocktails from under someone’s nose and Billy dropped me on my head after putting me on his shoulders and then I woke up with a headache!

Thinking the next few days would get calmer was definitely an idiotic thought! The next night I was at work when I got a text off Amy, she had only just found out I had moved out and was gutted! I was working with Lucy that night and Amy said we should come join her, Daisy and Emma in the Eden VIP room after work as she had met some guys at work who had paid for a table and wanted some company. We didn't need telling twice when it involved free alcohol so off we popped to Eden. Eden itself wasn't that great, standard commercial pop music, semi interested crowd, semi full, but free drinks and a new crowd of people to talk to meant it went fairly quickly. I actually didn't speak to the boys too much, had no real interest in them tbh, well other than the fact they were paying the bill, but afterwards they invited us back to their villa in the bay and we thought why not!

The villa itself was absolutely beautiful. Set close to that large hotel that has a mini gold course set across from it (the name escapes me) it wasn't too far to leave if we wanted and it was nice for a change of scenery. Inside it was very modern, white polished stone everywhere but it was surprisingly clean for a group of lads, and they're were stacks of spirits, cigarettes and supplements on the worktop for us to help ourselves too. After a while the boys suggested we all get in the swimming pool, but oh no surprise surprise we had no swimwear (as you might have already realised this didn't really bother my group of friends) and we soon jumped in the pool to cool down. TBH at this point I'd started to get a bit bored, the boys didn't want anything other than to get their end away, which I could have guessed, but they didn't even have any stimulating chat, and one of them kept trying to drown me even though he had been told I couldn't swim, which was obviously quite annoying. So me and Emma decided to walk home, leaving the others to pair up with whoever they might want.

The walk home around the sea front that day was absolutely boiling and all I could think about was my bed! When I got back to the new apartment Billy woke up and told me to jump in and share with him, not saying no to the offer a bed I crawled in and went straight to sleep. As crazy as the boys were, it was so nice to not have to worry about Ellie and her antics anymore.

Love your writing Wednesday, you have a real talent for it. I find myself constantly checking to see if you've updated. Thank you :)

Hey everyone.

Hope you’re all keeping safe! Sorry for no updates, my business really took off so I was super busy, before coronavirus sent it a down the toilet so I may just get this finished over my next few weeks isolation sitting by the pool!
well hurry up please ! I need cheering up ? x

Great read, really enjoyed it.

I used to drink in Ok Corral every year I came, was truly gutted to hear Rick had died. I would have visited the year you worked there for sure!

Here is a very old photo with Rick in it!
10399509_144254735824_5831624_n.jpg

Back