Sankeys

Place looks rammed tonight
I really hope they do well. The basement and the lab are two cracking rooms and I’ve always enjoyed the club when I have been even if I’ve not been overerly keen on the night I’ve attended. For me they lost there way the last few years. Some of the bookings were destined to fail from day 1. I’d like to see it go down the route of Underground, only putting on 2 or 3 nights a week and really concentrating on quality music.

So Sankeys has a proper VIP zone now (the first room in the upstairs)

We have to work today so we went only for a walk from 1 to 3. Both the Basement and the Lab were packed, maybe Lab full and Basement 80/90% of his capacity. A lot of people at the rooftop terrace.

Basement´s new lights are good, but for me its better its classical neon red lights with a darker ambience.

Great opening for Sankeys, time will tell if if was for real or a mirage.

if i were in ibz, ill save the day for this

Dj sneak
Frederico Grazzini
Diego Jimenez
David Balmont
Frank Storm

Are djs ive seen in ibz playing nice sets House Tech house Techno.
not the boring techno side :D but the dynamic one.
35143395_1976862102325073_4595116696024383488_o.jpg

The opening was very quiet according to a friend I met on the island last week and one of our interns said similar of last week - a night they hadn't even advertised as being opened but decided to at the eleventh hour. Go figure why that one was quiet :rolleyes:

The opening was very quiet according to a friend I met on the island last week and one of our interns said similar of last week - a night they hadn't even advertised as being opened but decided to at the eleventh hour. Go figure why that one was quiet :rolleyes:
I'm being lazy, but how many nights are they actually open this season ?

With Redlight now cancelled, Unusual Suspects on Thursdays is their sole night up until July, when IDOL with Timo Maas is scheduled to start. All quiet on the western front regarding the other night they promised

They didn’t give it much of a chance. 1 party without much promo and that’s it. Wonder if they had issues booking talent for the entire summer and just said screw it.

They didn’t give it much of a chance. 1 party without much promo and that’s it.

I said the exact same. So maybe that is not the only reason?? Fact is, last summer (and previous) The Redlight was one of Sankeys' better performing nights, and this year it has paled in comparison. Why is that? I honestly don't know.

Presumably they will continue to drip feed the Unusual Suspects line ups weekly? That wasnt their approach last year which I much preffered.

Presumably they will continue to drip feed the Unusual Suspects line ups weekly? That wasnt their approach last year which I much preffered.

I think - much like Circoloco, albeit far lower key - this makes a refreshing change to norm and maybe being fellow Italos they took inspiration from them? Arguably, also similar to Circo, you are guaranteed a vibe at US regardless of who's playing. Being out here all summer I like that, but equally I understand the frustration if you're waiting on a select few dates.

hey everyone,

this is the official sankeys price list for drinks - I just got sent this by team sankeys who have seen we have been discussing drink prices here at some point.

water, soft drinks and shots: 6€
beer, redbull: 8€
longdrinks: 15€

Does anyone have any idea who Unusual Suspects might have on the 13th Sept? See Liebing has started playing... wouldn’t mind a bit him.

Back