Sankeys

Discussion in 'Ibiza parties and clubs' started by CraigyB, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Herbie

Herbie Member

I really hope they do well. The basement and the lab are two cracking rooms and I’ve always enjoyed the club when I have been even if I’ve not been overerly keen on the night I’ve attended. For me they lost there way the last few years. Some of the bookings were destined to fail from day 1. I’d like to see it go down the route of Underground, only putting on 2 or 3 nights a week and really concentrating on quality music.

makka and Grijander like this.
  2. Grijander

Grijander New Member

So Sankeys has a proper VIP zone now (the first room in the upstairs)

We have to work today so we went only for a walk from 1 to 3. Both the Basement and the Lab were packed, maybe Lab full and Basement 80/90% of his capacity. A lot of people at the rooftop terrace.

Basement´s new lights are good, but for me its better its classical neon red lights with a darker ambience.

Great opening for Sankeys, time will tell if if was for real or a mirage.

makka and Herbie like this.
  3. Grijander

Grijander New Member

Another well packed night at Sankeys, both the Lab and the Basement.

white_isle_calling likes this.
  4. FallenangelGparsons

FallenangelGparsons Well-Known Member

5. FallenangelGparsons

FallenangelGparsons Well-Known Member

if i were in ibz, ill save the day for this

Dj sneak
    Frederico Grazzini
    Diego Jimenez
    David Balmont
    Frank Storm

Are djs ive seen in ibz playing nice sets House Tech house Techno.
    not the boring techno side :D but the dynamic one.
    [​IMG]

johndiamond likes this.
  6. Springal

Springal Active Member

How come Redlight was cancelled ? Thought this did reasonably well for them

7. white_isle_calling

white_isle_calling Well-Known Member

The opening was very quiet according to a friend I met on the island last week and one of our interns said similar of last week - a night they hadn't even advertised as being opened but decided to at the eleventh hour. Go figure why that one was quiet :rolleyes:

Springal likes this.
  8. Springal

Springal Active Member

I'm being lazy, but how many nights are they actually open this season ?

9. white_isle_calling

With Redlight now cancelled, Unusual Suspects on Thursdays is their sole night up until July, when IDOL with Timo Maas is scheduled to start. All quiet on the western front regarding the other night they promised

10. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Active Member

They didn’t give it much of a chance. 1 party without much promo and that’s it. Wonder if they had issues booking talent for the entire summer and just said screw it.

white_isle_calling likes this.
  11. white_isle_calling

I said the exact same. So maybe that is not the only reason?? Fact is, last summer (and previous) The Redlight was one of Sankeys' better performing nights, and this year it has paled in comparison. Why is that? I honestly don't know.

12. makka

makka Active Member

Presumably they will continue to drip feed the Unusual Suspects line ups weekly? That wasnt their approach last year which I much preffered.

13. stivi

stivi Super Moderator Staff Member

I think we should soon get the full summer line up

14. white_isle_calling

I think - much like Circoloco, albeit far lower key - this makes a refreshing change to norm and maybe being fellow Italos they took inspiration from them? Arguably, also similar to Circo, you are guaranteed a vibe at US regardless of who's playing. Being out here all summer I like that, but equally I understand the frustration if you're waiting on a select few dates.

15. stivi

stivi Super Moderator Staff Member

hey everyone,

this is the official sankeys price list for drinks - I just got sent this by team sankeys who have seen we have been discussing drink prices here at some point.

water, soft drinks and shots: 6€
    beer, redbull: 8€
    longdrinks: 15€

LuckyBlueSuit and Neo95gt like this.
  16. white_isle_calling

Basically, get on the Hierbas! :D

Neo95gt, RosstheBossa and stivi like this.
  17. white_isle_calling

That special US line-up is wicked-

mashednlovingit likes this.
  18. BaldEagle

BaldEagle Member

Does anyone have any idea who Unusual Suspects might have on the 13th Sept? See Liebing has started playing... wouldn’t mind a bit him.