Sankeys Opens In Winter

Has to be the best little development in donkeys ! Winter weekenders do look like a super idea now !

Why the f**k did I swear not to go abroad for 6 months ? SERIOUS MISTAKE !

but there is literally nothing else open in pdb in the winter???

no marc that's not true. even though i don't know yet if it will be the same this year, last winter you had picaro on thursday night, shardana on friday and mumak on sunday daytime. saturday night was spent in town (lo cura, bubbles, sushipoint, grial & pacha). i'm sure there will be some life in pdb this winter; plastik and sands are planning to open on weekends and the addition of sankeys is great! and don't forget also underground opens sometimes (ok that's not in pdb)

Lo cura,bubbles and father jacks me does every winter visit.. This weekend i have a friends party thursday night lo cura and grial later on and something on in Bhs on friday or saturday til sunrise dont no what night yet and try get to sankeys for a few hour before flight home on sunday...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Might see if I can grab some cheap flights and head out there.

It'd be on my own, but still!

I was looking at flights last night. Easy to get £100 for a round trip, has to be via Barca or Madrid but still very much worth it IMO.

Sweet, but I'll be saving my $s for summer sessions. If I want to go clubbing where it's mild - cold, I can do that here. ;)

From today's Ibiza Sun:

Air Europa revealed recently that, as from the 28th of October, it will no longer be operating a service between Ibiza and Barcelona. Until now the company had scheduled two flights a day in each direction during the summer and one in winter, but this route will now disappear. However, the daily service between Ibiza and Madrid will continue. The President of Grupo Globalia, Air Europa's parent company, explained that the company had made losses of 13 million euros, before taxes, in 2011, mainly due to the increased cost of fuel, competition from low cost airlines and the rate of exchange between the euro and the dollar.

From today's Ibiza Sun:

Air Europa revealed recently that, as from the 28th of October, it will no longer be operating a service between Ibiza and Barcelona. Until now the company had scheduled two flights a day in each direction during the summer and one in winter, but this route will now disappear. However, the daily service between Ibiza and Madrid will continue. The President of Grupo Globalia, Air Europa's parent company, explained that the company had made losses of 13 million euros, before taxes, in 2011, mainly due to the increased cost of fuel, competition from low cost airlines and the rate of exchange between the euro and the dollar.
That's a bummer. They used to code share with Aeroflot so you could buy an Air Europa ticket Moscow-Barca-Ibiza, fly Aeroflot on the first leg (and get Aeroflot Bonus miles) and pay less than if you bought the two legs separately. :cry:

loved sankeys this summer but i heard that they didn't have a great season money wise. Not meaning from a clubbing point of view cos it was my best club/club nights all summer.

loved sankeys this summer but i heard that they didn't have a great season money wise. Not meaning from a clubbing point of view cos it was my best club/club nights all summer.

I think they did the right thing by cutting the deadwood early enough and shutting on certain nights towards the latter end of the season, instead of opening their doors for the sake of it and leaking money.

Perhaps some of the other clubs should have followed suit...?

Will Sankeys manage to stay open all winter or are they getting carried away too soon after a good season?
nobody knows if they will stay open.

but the list of locations who announce at the end of the season that they will stay open
during the winter - but actually close after a few weeks - is long.
even cocoon just tried this only 1x ...

id be surprised if that was the case. 25 euro a ticket, solomun, lawler and carnival nights all very busy throughout the season. was there 3 times and spent a fair bit on drink aswell, majority of people had a drink in there hand so the mark up of a 7 euro heineken and voddy on top of that

534473_441957825842184_1088277928_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Last season was bad...they nearly shut a number of times due to financial problems.

This season any money that was generated was re-invested back into the club to push its profile.

Nest year and the one after will be the profit making ones..........

as noted above - they ditched the "dead" nights
but tellingly- they extended all three successful ones + added Fuse dates too

i'd expect them to strengthen this year coming
and perhaps they might look at the fact that 2 of the 3 successes were DJ backed nights (lawler and solomun)

Back