Sankeys Ibiza turns into Octan Ibiza

Echo the above. I only popped in to show support (and have a nosey!) They've done a great job in improving where they've needed too without changing the aesthetic.
Last night was never gonna be the night to enjoy it: too busy for one. And the team still finding their feet, so operationally it wasn't as smooth as it will be in the coming weeks. But that will come with time.
And those drink prices - see the full list posted in the price thread - are exactly what's needed.
For those wondering, I'm not sure the ceiling lights in the basement are the same iconic ones that they used to be. But they're still an upgrade on last year's.

Good to see the person who stole the neon lights from Sankeys put them back ?

I think the club is under perfect guidance with Ryan o gorman, he knows ibiza well, knows how to throw a party, and is not a sell out.
(last point is a tricky one as obviously a club needs customers so needs to be somewhat commercial)

quick visit to octan, just wanted to see the place with my own eyes. as expected and as they said in the chat we had, it‘s still pretty much how we remember sankeys - a bit cleaner and fresh paint, but for now that‘s the only change.

club was super busy and the basement sounds pretty good. the lab only opens when apollonia‘s residency starts.

big tumbs up for octan‘s drink prices. water 5€ and beer 8€, that‘s what I call reasonable!

best of luck to the team, I‘m glad this place is back and I really like what I‘ve seen so far.

more in our official review which will come tomorrow
Those prices are brilliant compared to others. Fair play to them!

Also regarding last night, I'm sure show how busy the bars actually were since there was a queue from early on and everybody wanted to get inside as quickly as possible, but the street was the busiest I've seen it in years. And the PRs are equally as pushy! Making up for lost time

This island is crazy.
We enjoy to see a 33cl bottle of water which costs 35 cts in a supermarket sold at 5€ in a club ?

in most places drinks in clubs are far more expensive than in supermarkets. on the mainland, in france, in switzerland, in the UK, in the states...and yeah, even in berlin it's a little more expensive than in the supermarket.

in most places drinks in clubs are far more expensive than in supermarkets. on the mainland, in france, in switzerland, in the UK, in the states...and yeah, even in berlin it's a little more expensive than in the supermarket.
Of course it is... I understand they won't sell water at the same price than the supermarkets, but 3€ is still 10x or 20x the price they bought.
And I don't know for the other countries, but in mine I never been refused when I asked for free water...

i was already in the 90´s at parties where the cold water was turned off in the toilets ;-)
In France it's a law for bars, restaurants, club:
They can't refuse to give you free water(I must admit that view the quality of tap water in ibiza I prefer to buy a closed bottle?)

In France it's a law for bars, restaurants, club:
They can't refuse to give you free water(I must admit that view the quality of tap water in ibiza I prefer to buy a closed bottle?)
You right but France it’s one of the only country if not the only that give free water . 5€ in Ibiza standard for me is good value , 10€ Is not . Most of the city in Europe charge almost the same ...On the other hand , some country now give free water in festival : Belgium ,Holland ,Germany , Australia ( not all the festival , just some ) but Spain is not ready yet for that I guess ?

You right but France it’s one of the only country if not the only that give free water . 5€ in Ibiza standard for me is good value , 10€ Is not . Most of the city in Europe charge almost the same ...On the other hand , some country now give free water in festival : Belgium ,Holland ,Germany , Australia ( not all the festival , just some ) but Spain is not ready yet for that I guess ?
Spain might be ready... Ibiza no way!

Back