Sankeys Ibiza turns into Octan Ibiza

I'm sure we had the same debate last year. The area is a dump and has been for a while. Bars with tin furniture charging €10 a drink

I never felt unsafe or anything though

I'm sure we had the same debate last year. The area is a dump and has been for a while. Bars with tin furniture charging €10 a drink

I never felt unsafe or anything though
As long as we don't feel unsafe we be fine. Usually have my wits about me, but might be a different story in Ibiza ?

I think a lot of it was because virtually everything was shut and it probably looked a bit dodgy us walking down a deserted street.

I've stayed around there before (admittedly in 2002) and it was fine. It was more a comment on how the bar hustlers treat two women differently compared with a man & a woman together.
Ok well at least I can be on my guard now, glad I know and can warn my sister as well. Thanks Clara.

Could you elaborate on which 6 nights you are talking about? I can think of 1 maybe 2 at a push? Amnesia has arguably the most successful night on the island (Elrow), one of the longest running (Cocoon) and one of the most popular amongst the younger, mainly British crowd (Abode).
Well, Amnesia :

Monday :
Cocoon : sorry I'm too young (at 40)
Pyramid : I heard it was pretty empty last year...

Tuesday :
Together : ugly! House music and what again?!

Wenesday :
Aoki : worst than Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike (hard to be worst than those 2...) Like receiving cakes in the face?

Thursday :
Adobe : I heard the club room is close this year...

Friday :
Luciano : Slow start (again) this year (after the Dystopia flop last year...)

Saturday :
Elrow : OK great night

Sunday :
Foam (are you under 21?) and hip hop (seriously hip hop in Ibiza?!)

@Thomas Cliche Are we talking about strictly musical tastes or popularity of nights? I guess overal attendance/ popularity, Hï probably gets more numbers on week by week basis and will again this year. Musical tastes are subjective and it's a tossup between both.

Erm... "Cocoon, sorry I'm too young" (40)?...
Sorry Thomas but this statement is stupid. And it's a non Cocoon lover who says that.
Cocoon celebrates 20 years,the crowd is maybe the most mixed of the island in thems of ages, and some of the top techno djs of the moment are playing for this night.
I think you're not too young, but you don't have enough background in electronic music(like a lot of north-americans) to say that.

f***, I can't believe I take the defense of Cocoon ?

Erm... "Cocoon, sorry I'm too young" (40)?...
Sorry Thomas but this statement is stupid. And it's a non Cocoon lover who says that.
Cocoon celebrates 20 years,the crowd is maybe the most mixed of the island in thems of ages, and some of the top techno djs of the moment are playing for this night.
I think you're not too young, but you don't have enough background in electronic music(like a lot of north-americans) to say that.

f***, I can't believe I take the defense of Cocoon ?
I was just joking and teasing around...

Ok well at least I can be on my guard now, glad I know and can warn my sister as well. Thanks Clara.

It's fine and will seem a lot better with the bars and restaurants open.

We'd just arrived for IMS (on the Monday beforehand) and as my friend hadn't seen PDB properly, I was going to see if any of the bars were open down there, which they weren't (not a surprise with Sankey's closed and with it being early in season).

Going down any deserted street at night (including in Ibiza Town) would be a tad dodgy.

It was pretty grim when I walked down there in late May.

Also quite an eye-opener walking down with another woman, rather than with my husband. Depressing the amount of hassle (including physical) from guys trying to get us into bars or to 'buy things'.
The area has always been massive for dealers and still is. However, the bars used to be very well populated and played some decent music and now they aren’t. As a result it felt very run down and unsafe last August and this June. It’s degeneration has been pretty rapid. Sankeys as a building looks like it’s falling to bits. The area needs a good tidy up and some regeneration. Hopefully Octan will help it achieve this.

Lots of pushy prostitutes in that area too that hound you like crazy. At least the price is right with them lol.

Couldn’t help but notice this aswell.

Walking up past the area near the hippy market last year I heard this crazy accented lady shouting toward me ‘hayyyyy, boy! Yoo wanta blow jaaaab?’

Thought it was quite funny, so did my missus that was walking along with me.

Ten out of ten for effort ?

Was going to shout back ‘how much? What time you on till? You had a busy night?’

Would of earned me a black eye from the boss ?

quick visit to octan, just wanted to see the place with my own eyes. as expected and as they said in the chat we had, it‘s still pretty much how we remember sankeys - a bit cleaner and fresh paint, but for now that‘s the only change.

club was super busy and the basement sounds pretty good. the lab only opens when apollonia‘s residency starts.

big tumbs up for octan‘s drink prices. water 5€ and beer 8€, that‘s what I call reasonable!

best of luck to the team, I‘m glad this place is back and I really like what I‘ve seen so far.

more in our official review which will come tomorrow

Back