Sankeys Ibiza announces its Seven Wonders for 2016

as far as I remember they only did the terrace once? and twice the main room?

I make you right on that. Assuming the rooms were as advertised and not changed.

I emphasised on the terrace because, for me, it's probably easier to make the main room appear busier.

I would love to see them back at Sankeys. But they'll probably be back with Hyte then. Unless that hook-up is no longer? I presume they are still part of Artist Alife??

Reading a lot of comments online, it seems that the general consensus was that Sankeys MCR had gone downhill a lot in the past 18-months.

I know they found competing with WHP tough. Their own warehouse series bombed I'm led to believe (hardly surprising, giving YOURSELF more competition!! :spank:) And haven't they been shutting for the summer and moving the team to Ibiza for the season? Maybe that was only a few years ago. But still.

They'd probably be better off doing one-offs at WHP in the future.

Are they honestly likely to find another permanent location in this day and age? Seems unlikely.

I have seen a few vid's of Sankeys Manchester and I am going to throw it out there that I reckon they got shut down
I have watched a vid of a DJ who was clearly off his nut, standing on the decks during a set dripping with sweat and dancing so that shows to me that it was a free for all and likely no control.
Also heard that there was a huge fight on new years eve.

Their statement was 'It was out of their control'.

I have seen a few vid's of Sankeys Manchester and I am going to throw it out there that I reckon they got shut down
I have watched a vid of a DJ who was clearly off his nut, standing on the decks during a set dripping with sweat and dancing so that shows to me that it was a free for all and likely no control.
'.

You not thinking of Scream at Hidden? Video doing the rounds start of Dec

You not thinking of Scream at Hidden? Video doing the rounds start of Dec

Definitely Sankeys Manchester - caught it on snapchat.

I haven't been to Sankeys myself which is a shame as I bet the venue was decent

But after seeing many vids it just gave me the impression that it was like a zoo in there. Majority of the room and nights just out of control

I think its less sinister. Its a large building called Beehive Mill and the whole place has been sold, have a look on google earth and sankeys only formed part of it. Its ripe for residential, not saying thats a good thing btw.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...sing-shut-down-12447882#ICID=sharebar_twitter

I think they probably knew about the impending sale but were hopeful they would be able to continue, at least for the foreseeable future.

unfortunately this wasnt the case and now it appears its a sudden closure.

Ive been to many nights at Sankeys over the years, albeit none that recent, covering various genres. Always thought it a great venue, no more trouble than any other venue. Was usually oversold a tad though so was vvvery busy at times.

Better than airport style security, covert surveillance and bans for life for looking for swedgers.

Back