Sankeys Ibiza announces its Seven Wonders for 2016

McRackin

Super Moderator
Sankeys Ibiza announces it’s Seven Wonders for 2016

Ibiza, 3rd February 2016 (Toga Media).-The news we have all been waiting for, the Seven Wonders of Sankeys Ibiza are ready to be announced! After another hugely successful 2015 season, David Vincent has gone back to his musical drawing board and promises that this summer, he will have something for everyone’s musical tastes, with eight different and diverse promoters taking care of the unbeatable weekly program.

The club could not be in better condition. With the installation of the Pioneer Pro Audio sound system last summer, which has gone down a storm with industry and clubbers alike, Sankeys Ibiza now has two contenders for the main room, The LAB and The Basement, the latter kitted out with a serious VOID system. And let’s not forget about the legendary Spektrum, renowned for its ceiling of LED lights and crisp VOID sound. As usual, expect the sound this summer to be the best on the island.

And now onto the exciting bit, the dates and musical program for 2016! This summer, Sankeys Ibiza will be open for an epic six months, kicking things off with a huge opening party on the 1st of May and closing with a massive three day Halloween fiesta on the 31st of October. We are hugely excited to announce that Sankeys Ibiza will be welcoming some old favorites back this summer as well as some forward thinking new additions to add some much needed variety to Ibiza’s musical landscape.

Kicking of the week we have Shelter presents The Redlight. Both brands will unite this summer and move to a Monday night residency at the club. The night will run from the 23rd of May until the 26th of September for 19 events. The Redlight was the club’s success story from last year. The House and Garage night really captured the hearts of clubbers and was one of the most successful nights on the island with long time legend and Redlight Resident Matt Jam Lamont firmly at the helm alongside artists like EZ, Sonny Fodera, Sam Divine, Todd Terry, Sam Holt, Low Steppa, Philip George and Franky Rizardo. Expect the same high standard of artists this summer. Shelter was born from the minds behind Ibiza Rocks, W.A.R! After a successful debut last summer showcasing artists who explored a deeper, darker side of electronic music they are back with a vengeance in 2016.

Next up we are extremely excited to welcome newcomer Applebum. This bold and brilliant new addition is a celebration of hip hop and R&B culture. On a quest to re-visit, re-live and re-imagine the sounds, fashion and lifestyle of a movement that helped shape a generation. Think only the best beatmakers and record players with lots of flower power, love and good vibrations in the air at each and every party. Applebum will run every Tuesday night from the 28th of June through to the13th of September for 12 events with artists like Jazzy Jeff, Grandmaster Flash plus many more.

Keeping the excitement at boiling point we are unbelievably proud about the next new addition, please welcome Dance 88/89 to the fold, taking up every Wednesday night at the club from the 25th of May to the 28th of September for 19 events. This brand new night is all about Acid House and Balearic vibes. It’s a fresh new concept dreamt up by David Vincent which nod’s to Ibiza’s Halcyon days. What is most exciting about it? Every week it will play host to Ibiza’s most legendary and famous character, DJ Alfredo! Also joining him every week is Matthew Benjamin, aka Bushwacka! alongside artists like Danny Rampling, Nicky Holloway, Adamski, 808 State, Graeme Park, Todd Terry, Mr C, Fabio & Grooverider plus many more. With the whole island and industry leaders talking about it already, this night is not one to be missed!

And on we go, this time to talk about another new night in the form of Unusual Suspects. These guys have been taking up residency in Sankeys Ibiza throughout the winter, delivering some huge names such as Nicole Moudaber and Stacey Pullen and supported heavily by Carl Craig's Detroit love Society. These guys really have delivered some super cool eclectic parties over the last few months. For the first time in over a decade, the Ibiza community have created their own all year round party and following the huge success of the winter gatherings, Unusual Suspects will now move into the summer. Every Thursday from the 12th of May through to the 13th of October for 23 events this party will create and deliver a distinctive sound that drives groovy, bouncy, bass-lines in the form of sexy house and techno.

Next up we are extremely excited to announce that the hottest Sunday party in London, Abode will be taking up residency every Friday night at the club from the 24th of June to the 16th of September for 12 events. Abode has really shaken up the scene with exciting bookings (think everyone from Cassy and Matthew Dear to Krankbrother and Flash Mob) It’s focus is letting it’s talented residents shine and progress. Each and every event sells out ahead of time and in a great move, Sankeys Ibiza have managed to sign them up for their first ever summer long residency on the island.

Award winning and globally renowned Tribal Sessions return this summer, taking up Saturday nights at the club, running from the 7th of May to the 29th of October for 26 events which is the longest summer residency in Ibiza history. This night needs very little introduction, it has years under its belt of setting the house and techno agenda with it’s cult events all over the world. Tribal returns this summer with near festival sized line-ups featuring the best DJs from across the electronic spectrum which include residents like Miguel Campbell, Manu Gonzalez, Jozef K, Adam Chappell alongside very special guests soon to be announced. All there is left to ask is, Are you Tribal?

And lastly we welcome back the legendary Viva Warriors from the 19th of June to the25th of September for 15 events. Back again due to popular demand, Viva Warriors will take up it’s usual spot of Sunday nights at the club. Again this night needs little introduction, featuring the boss man and king of the basement Steve Lawler sitting firmly at the helm, this definitive tech house night brings it’s A game label artists to each and every party without fail. Musically it is renowned for being one of the best parties on the island.

David Vincent said “This summer I feel with our Seven Wonders of Sankeys Ibiza is musically the best on the planet as we have so much diversity. It’s taken me six years to refine & tinker with our musical content to a situation where I can see our current format remaining for the next few years”.

And finally, a mention of David Vincent’s recent legendary idea that goes in the form of Sankeys Sábados, a free party with that is committed to giving female DJs a voice and the chance to play at Sankeys Ibiza on Saturdays from the 6th of February to the 23rd of April. Also included is the chance to win a worldwide residency with the Sankeys Group. Here is what David has to say about it:

“My industry have never really helped woman DJs on the same equal level as men (I don't want to go into it right now), but there is definitely a glass ceiling happening, look at the Resident Advisor results for 2015 for proof of this. There were only 4 female DJs in the Resident Advisor top 100 2015, Nina Kraviz, tINI, Margaret Dygas & Nicole Moudaber. Surely there needs to be a more equal balance with males than there currently is. No way should it be 96% men and 4% women”

2qwf0bm.jpg

Don't know if I've missed this, but where is We Love going???

A lot of Jan/Feb rumours on this ......and I think it's all a bit complicated. "We Love" is / was Darren Hughes owned / promoted brand..... hence why they went to Sankeys last year. BUT I think that Space also own a trademark to "We Love Space"...... So we could end up with two "We Loves"...... One at Space (by Space) and one at another club "We Love <a club name>"..... promoted by Darren Hughes. Anyone confused?

So we could end up with two "We Loves"...... One at Space (by Space) and one at another club "We Love <a club name>"..... promoted by Darren Hughes. Anyone confused?

We had that with La Troya once, when the promoter moved to Amnesia but the brand name stayed at Space (or vice versa?) and we ended up with two la troyas for a season. stupid really.
Don't think it will happen with We Love though, think it will come back to Space.

Aye Craig... :)

I just left Hong Kong last night and I'm now in the Philippines for 7 weeks... :D

Still keeping an eye out for Space Closing date!! I really hope I can afford to go!! :-/

SMILEY FACES ALL ROUND AS SANKEY’S OWNER DAVID VINCENT LAUNCHES ‘DANCE 88/89’ PARTIES IN IBIZA AND THE UK

Ibiza, 11th February 2016 (Toga Media).-Legendary promoter and Sankey’s club owner David Vincent has announced that he’s bringing back the acid house & balearic beat era with his new series of ‘Dance 88/89’ parties in both the UK and Ibiza, featuring performances from most of the biggest original pioneers of the time. ‘Dance 88/89’ will take place every Wednesday at Sankey’s Ibiza starting on the IMS Launch Date of May 25th and will run across the summer with 19 parties until September 28th.

Vincent is also to host a special ‘Dance 88/89’ event in the UK, to be held at a secret location near Manchester on Easter Sunday March 27th from 5pm - 5am. The killer line-up for the UK event mirrors those of the earliest, most influential raves of the summer of love, bringing back such artists as Adamski, Alfredo, Colin Dale, Evil Eddie Richards, Fabio and Grooverider, Frankie Valentine, Graeme Park, MC Kinky, Marshall Jefferson, Mr C, Nicky Holloway, Terry Farley, Trevor Fung and 808 State.

Promoter David Vincent said, “Dance 88/89 is my own personal artistic project which celebrates the original music culture of classic underground Acid House, in an authentic environment. It's aim is to put the fun back into dance music. I want to thank the Universe for allowing me to be able to tell the story of the beginning of dance music in such a magical way. I also want to thank these legendary DJs, who have put their trust in me to re-produce the golden era of dance music to the world. These DJs are members of the original Beatles of house music and my childhood heroes. This party is a celebration of the return of the true legendary music and is done with a lot of love from my part."

The weekly Ibiza series runs across the summer will featuring many of the aforementioned guests plus performances from the likes of Danny Rampling and Robert Owens. 'Dance 88/89' at Sankey’s Ibiza will be anchored each week by residents Matthew Benjamin AKA Bushwacka and DJ Alfredo, two Godfathers of the house music revolution. Bushwacka, formerly of tech house titans and UK dance pioneers Layo & Bushwacka, was there at the start of rave and acid house culture in the UK so knows exactly how to rekindle that spirit for a modern audience and is destined to excel himself.

Ibiza icon Alfredo is one of the most highly respected DJs within the scene credited as the original pioneer of the Balearic sound and the Ibiza movement. “Ibiza needs to be re-educated about it’s roots,” explains David, “and for me that means DJ Alfredo, who will be given the platform to show why he is one of the greatest DJs of our time.. As for Bushwacka, well he used to play for Energy, the very first rave I went to and he was there since the start and I used to dance to him all the time. What better musical backbone for 'Dance 88/89' than these two residents, I'm honoured to have them both on board."

Legend has it that it was Nicky Holloway and Danny Rampling’s trip to Ibiza in 1987 that kick started the British Acid House Revolution. It was there that they experienced ecstacy for the first time, dancing to DJ Alfredo in the now famous Amnesia nightclub (it was open air then) and experiencing the true spirit of Balearic beats, where DJs could play whatever type of music they wanted, blending rock with early house. Their lives were transformed for ever and they came back and started the nights Shoom and Trip that played a huge role in the explosion of Acid House.

Vincent feels that now is an important time to re-ignite the lost spirit of Acid House and to tell the story of the revolution to the younger generation, many of whom he feels don’t understand where the music comes from. He said, “We now have a dance music industry that is formulaic, predictable and corporate. Back then there was no ‘industry’, there was a pure innocence about it all. I want to take people on a timewarp back in time and give them the chance to have an authentic Acid House experience. This will be achieved not only through the music programming, which totally reflects the line-ups of the time, but also through the lighting, the decor and the whole ambience. We are even recreating some of the historic raves musical content (like Sunrise’s Midsummer’s Night’s Dream at White Waltham which the press dubbed Ecstasy Airport) or Manchester’s legendary club the Hacienda, where I proud to say I was a promoter of. Also to make it authentic we are banning taking pictures with mobile phones as no one had phones then except the promoters or yuppies!”

Speaking about 88/89 Danny Rampling said, “It’s all about classic underground Acid House and Balearic 88-89 at Sankeys Ibiza this summer. I am so looking forward to playing the opening and closing parties.This promises to be a hot ticket on the island celebrating our original music culture”.

There is already a euphoric buzz going through the dance world about these parties. This highly anticipated series of events are expected to sell out fast.

fb_img_1454105478382-jpg.2247

Re the early bird tickets - I note Pacha's pre-sale ticket holders need to enter the venue before 2am; are there similar rules for the Sankeys early bird tickets?

Haven't been to Sankeys yet, heard it was a sweatbox. But I like the look of that Dance 88/89.

Hopefully Space is on 2nd as I'd love to get to the Closing party for Dance 88/89...!!! :D

MAY THE FIRST BE WITH YOU! SANKEYS AWAKENS IBIZA!
CLUB ANNOUNCES KILLER OPENING PARTY LINE UP
TO KICK OFF THEIR SIXTH SUMMER ON THE ISLAND

Sankeys Ibiza have announced Warriors head honcho Steve Lawler and a live performance from KiNK as part of an innovative line up for their summer opening party, Sankeys Awakens, on Sunday 1st May 2016, the first major club opening of the season. They are joined by Ants man of the moment Kolsch, Lee Walker, Miguel Campbell and the soon to be announced final winning members of Team Sankeys. This collective of kick ass female DJs have been brought together through David Vincent’s recent ‘Break the Glass Ceiling’ female DJ project and are all residents at the club’s highly successful new Winter party, Sankeys Sabados.

Club owner David Vincent said, “I can’t wait to open up the whole venue for Summer 2016, earlier than we ever have before too. We’ve had a very strong Winter, becoming much more integrated into the culture of the island and I’m sure we’ll reap the benefits of this over the summer.”

Sankeys is one of the most forward thinking nightclubs in the world and David feels that the line-up for Sankeys Awakens demonstrates that. “Our line-up for the opening party is very much a representation of the sound of Sankeys”, he explained. “and always the first name on any Sankeys bill is Steve Lawler, the King of the Basement. Then we’ve got KiNK, who was recently voted number 1 live act in the world on the Resident Advisor 2015 poll. I’m really happy to see him blow up, we’ve been booking him from the beginning” he said.

“As for the others,” David continued, “well we just had to have Kolsch back for this year’s opening after he destroyed it at the closing of Tribal Sessions last season. If you add to this Lee Walker, whose ‘Freak Like Me’ record has to be the hottest track on the planet right now, alongside Tribal Sessions resident Miguel Campbell, who just continues to rise and who I have great hopes for, then you have something really strong, fresh and totally Sankeys. It’s our sixth year and I’ve got a sixth sense that this is the beginning of the most historical season of Sankeys, in fact I’m 100% sure it will be.”

Sankeys Ibiza is currently enjoying great success with it’s new Winter party, Sankeys Sabados, although the 1st May will be the first time The Lab and The Terrace have been opened up this year. A smash hit with the local tastemaking crowd, Sabados has been showcasing 12 of the island’s most exciting female DJs across each Saturday, alongside some of Sankeys most popular residents including Manu Gonzalez and Matt Jam Lamont. This free party runs until 23 April, after that David will announce which of these talented ladies have made it through to the final cast of Team Sankeys to play at the opening. (Sankeys Sabados residents are Alice Clark, Amy DB, Cuky, JADA, Kellie Allen, Lisa Chadderton, Marta DLM, Miss Luna, Maxine Hardcastle, Stephanie Rosse, Tania Moon)

Sankeys Awakens will be open for a 12 hour marathon, from 6.30pm through until 6.30am and will include an early evening free BBQ on the terrace.

Early bird tickets can be purchased for €25 until the end of February (€39 after) on Ibiza Spotlight http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/sankeys_opening_i.htm

10154392_970515846319710_3579815950713687053_n.jpg

Safe to say i wont be attending Tribal Sessions :oops: (can't post the pic with line ups on at the min)

Think I've only heard of one of those guys..uner..I see a lot of free wristbands on the horizon

With Carl Craig's Detroit Love doing Thursday's at Sankeys for most of the summer and Unusual Suspects seemingly like it will be a pretty decent techno night, I think that may be a big push for them this year being that Enter is out of the picture. Still waiting for Space to announce Thursday's but looks like that may end up being a decent option considering.

With Carl Craig's Detroit Love doing Thursday's at Sankeys for most of the summer and Unusual Suspects seemingly like it will be a pretty decent techno night, I think that may be a big push for them this year being that Enter is out of the picture. Still waiting for Space to announce Thursday's but looks like that may end up being a decent option considering.

enter's something very different than any other night.

dont see any other night covering for it.

lets wait for thursdays at space and see.

Back