Sankeys Ibiza announces its Seven Wonders for 2016

ok so an update on the sankeys parties in october...

firstly, there is the new announced ibiza closing week party on 4th october. line up still TBA for that, earlybird tickets for 10€ available (I'm just putting these on sale now).

then both unusual suspects as well as tribal sessions run all through october, having their closing parties on 27th respectively 29th october. tribal sessions on 29th october will also be the official summer closing party then, the originally announced 3 day thing isn't happening now.

overall great though IMO, october has turned into a great month in the last few years and I'm sure those parties will be busy.

great bloke that lookylooky => " i have my wife. i don´t need women ..." :twisted: :)

You can tell DV see's Sankeys Ibz as his no1 those Manchester line ups are abit erm different (or completely sh!te)

VIVa, The Redlight, Dance 88/89 & Abode closing fiestas - SANKEYS IBIZA

VIVa Warriors, The Redlight, Dance 88/89 and Abode all say goodbye in late September while Unusual Suspects and Tribal Sessions will accompany us throughout October. The party continues.

Ibiza, 15th September 2016 (Toga Media).- The end of September sees the transition into the winter season and with it, the closure of some of the flagship parties which have hosted the Playa d’en Bossa club in its sixth season in Ibiza. Originality and authenticity of the nights, combined with the much loved VOID and Pioneer Pro Audio sound systems have ensured the best experience for the Sankeys clubbers throughout the summer.

VIVa Warriors Closing Party: Sunday 25th September

First up, one of the biggest parties in Ibiza says goodbye to one more yearand celebrates its continued success with the great Steve Lawler at the helm playing an extended set. He will be joined by Catz N Dogz, Deborah De Luca,Denney, Mark Jenkyns, Cristoph and Jamie Roy. In the ‘Rebels Cave’ will be Kan.e, Hardline, Zuer and Jack Durante.

The Redlight Closing Party: Monday 26th September

Next to close is The Redlight on Monday 26 September.. After a hugely successful first season in 2015, this year has been even bigger. That distinctive US House and Garage sound is led by resident Matt Jam Lamont who will of course be headlining on the 26th as well as the mighty Artful Dodger. Also on the bill will be Sonny Fodera, Low Steppa, Preditah, Flava D, Lisa Chadderton and Maxine Hardcastle.

“This is the only club on the island playing House and Garage and it’s been another fantastic season. Hardwell turning up with Franky Rizardo and suprising everyone by playing b2b with him was one of my personal highlights. Having Flava D come on board as a resident is another - she had never been to the island before but completely smashed the parties, as did Sam Divine. Finally lets not forget when Garage Nation were hosting the LAB! We’re already working on next season and I’m very much looking forward to the closing party”Matt Jam Lamont

Dance 88/89 Closing Party: Wednesday 28th September

The acid revolution in Ibiza. A new weekly fixture that has had the legendary Ibiza DJ, Alfredo, sharing the stage with some of the greats of the genre. A party that appeals as much to the generation who enjoyed the music the first time around as it does to the younger clubbers, you will not want to miss the last event taking place on Wednesday 28th September with big names such as Alfredo, Bushwacka, Danny Rampling, Graeme Park and Mr C.

“Dance 88/89 has been a really great project to be part of this summer and in its infancy has been a great success. For me the highlight has undoubtedly been the fact that a young crowd have been coming down and getting to hear the sound of the original acid house music that I myself fell in love with at an early age. This and getting to hang out and listen to such great DJs every week - DJs that have truly shaped the scene from the beginning. This holds huge value for me. Seeing and feeling how passionate David Vincent is about the night is wonderful. For those of us who were there from the beginning its a beautiful thing to pay homage and play the way we used to.” - Bushwacka

Abode Closing Party: Friday 30thSeptember

Every Friday Sankeys has hosted one of London’s biggest parties: Abode. Although the closing was originally scheduled for September 16th, they have added two more dates to enjoy Fridays in Ibiza. On September 30th the crew spill over with talent featuring Yousef, Franky Rizardo, ANOTR, Ellie Cocks, Jimmy Switch, Lindsey Matthews, Will Taylor and Josh Newsham.

Unusual Suspects & Tribal Sessions throughout October

The good news continues with David Vincent’s decision to keep the club open as long as possible and support the increasingly extended seasons of recent years. Unusual Suspects and Tribal Sessions continue up until 27th and 29thOctober respectively with Tribal being a Halloween special.

Marco Bassi of Unusual Suspects says:"It was a great summer season and this is not the end but a different starting point for our entire team. We have news for winter that we will reveal soon.. Thanks to all who have believed strongly in the project, as well as those who have come every Thursday to dance and have fun with us."

We look forward to updating you with more winter news.

Sankeys Ibiza #SaveFabric

The club will hold a special party on Wednesday October 5th to raise funds in support of the legendary London mecca of electronic music, Fabric – this will be the first event in Ibiza supporting the cause

Next Monday October 3rd there will be a very special extended party of ‘The Redlight’ and the closing of Sankeys Awakens has been announced for Tuesday 11th October

Ibiza, Friday September 30, 2016 (Toga Media).- On Wednesday night at Sankeys Ibiza ‘Dance 88/89’ closed its season. The night, created by David Vincent, is retrospective on those magical years when the British nights transformed into peaceful and hedonistic after years of fighting and hooliganism - as a new musical genre was born; acid house. The phenomenon has been compared many times with the Summer of Love in San Francisco, which perfectly sums up the movement of the late 80s.

#SaveFabric - Dance 88/89 Wednesday, October 5th

While every Wednesday Sankeys Ibiza saw the great legends of the genre: Danny Rampling, Bushwacka, Mr C and Alfredo (among others) recalling the years of 1988 and 1989, in September came the sad news about the final withdrawal of the license from Fabric - London's mecca of the most important electronic music of the century - fuelled by the intense speculation of corrupt reasoning. Faced with this and as part of the campaign being carried out to save Fabric, David Vincent announced this week his proposal of a special Dance 88/89 #SaveFabric event next Wednesday October 5th, with an already confirmed line up consisting of Alfredo, Bushwacka, Grooverider and Matt Jam Lamont to help raise funds and financially support the legal battle that began with the goal of reopening the doors of the legendary club.

David Vincent says: "We need to save Fabric London for the sake of our acid house legacy and to protect our culture. This was the reason why we fought the authorities back in 1988/1989, just so we could dance and I feel Sankeys Ibiza and Dance 88/89 will present a party in aid of Fabric London's fight. We have built a legendary line up together for this special occasion. Aciieed.”

The Redlight - EXTRA! Monday, October 3rd

It will come as good news to many that we have an extra Monday at the club. ‘The Redlight’ has added an event on Monday October 3rd to celebrate one more night of the unique US house and garage sound presented by residentMatt Jam Lamont, who will face a 4 hour b2b with another of the greats of the genre: Low Steppa. Maxine Hardcastle, Lisa Chadderton, Alice Clark and REFFare also on this lineup. One night more for the girls!

Sankeys Awakens - Tuesday, October 11th

Intended to continue the season extension, on October 4th is a special celebration in the week of closures Ibiza. However, it is not enough for the club in Playa d’en Bossa. Sankeys Awakens will celebrate its closure on Tuesday October 11th with a huge roll call of special guests for a very special occassion: Alfredo, Bontan, Bushwacka, Chelina Manuhutu, Dosem, Grooverider, Hector, Josh Butler and Uner plus a very special guest to be announced very son.

Do not forget - Sankeys remains open in October on Thursdays and Saturdays for Unusual Suspects and Tribal Sessions until 27th and 29th October respectively. We will be announcing the special guest for Tuesday 4th October’s Closing week party very soon.

Will Dance 88/89 start usual time on Wed 5th?? Fly home early hours of the 6th. Would be good if it included some daylight partying. But I know im living in hope.

What an excellent night it was last night. Comfortably busy. Sankeys is definitely my favourite.

That's it for the partying this year, and happy it finished with a good one. 1 day and 2 nights left on the island, so just going to chill out, relax, and enjoy the remaining precious hours.

I really enjoyed it too. only went for the duration of Lawler but loved it. Popped up to Boutique a few times and was loving the sounds in there as well.

14570484_10153933379117997_8134009345104400437_n.jpg

Just seen a video of a mass fight that broke out in Sankeys Manchester on nye - that club has turned to sh*t!

Would love to see fuse back in its old tuesday slot at sankeys this year. With no carl cox to compete with up the road it could prove a popular choice. Even better would be a weekly fuse meets next wave night like back in 2014. Enzo and the fuse lot in the basement and ricardo with rpr in the lab. Decent music in a deep dark setting

Would love to see fuse back in its old tuesday slot at sankeys this year. With no carl cox to compete with up the road it could prove a popular choice. Even better would be a weekly fuse meets next wave night like back in 2014. Enzo and the fuse lot in the basement and ricardo with rpr in the lab. Decent music in a deep dark setting

there will be plenty of competition on tuesdays, even without carl cox.

that's not to say it'd be cool to have fuse back.

Reactions: M.E
I suppose sankeys have filled that gap with unusual suspects. A few names there that also performed for fuse. Remember seeing a great performance from julian perez in the basement a few years back. What sort of crowd does unusual suspects attract stivi? Does it get good numbers?

I suppose sankeys have filled that gap with unusual suspects. A few names there that also performed for fuse. Remember seeing a great performance from julian perez in the basement a few years back. What sort of crowd does unusual suspects attract stivi? Does it get good numbers?

did ok last year, lots of locals & workers

Great idea!!!!

Slightly off-topic, but how did FUSE get on with their Amnesia takeovers last summer? Did they pull enough to ever (remotely) fill the terrace?

For me, Sankeys is by far-and-away a better fit for them than Amnesia, but curious to know.

Slightly off-topic, but how did FUSE get on with their Amnesia takeovers last summer? Did they pull enough to ever (remotely) fill the terrace?

For me, Sankeys is by far-and-away a better fit for them than Amnesia, but curious to know.

as far as I remember they only did the terrace once? and twice the main room? memory could trick me though. they did OK numbers, but similar as with hyte themselves (who they teamed up with), never really filled the venue. busy enough on the dancefloor yeah, but lots of space around.

Back