Sankeys Ibiza announces its Seven Wonders for 2016

Sankeys Sabados Presents
TRIBAL SESSIONS 'ALIEN AVATARS'
LINE-UPS ANNOUNCED FOR IBIZA 2016

Ibiza, 1st April 2016 (Toga Media).-Tribal Sessions, the UK's iconic dance outfit, returns for it’s third season on the white isle to host Saturday’s for a massive 26 weeks, the longest weekly summer residency in Ibiza history. This year the party is presented by the team behind Sankeys Sabados, the hugely successful Ibiza Winter party that has been showcasing the best new female talent on the island alongside artistes like Matt Jam Lamont & Manu Gonzalez who have been rinsing it on the white island over the past few months. This brand new team is implementing the Tribal Sessions “Forward thinking music without Prejudice” music policy.

The Saturday night ritual commences on 7th May featuring renowned house producer Josh Butler, Tribal favourite Jozef K whose production has been making a lot of noise recently, Ibiza native and winner of best newcomer at the DJ Awards Manu Gonzalez and hotly tipped newcomer Kellie Allen, the outstanding first winner of the Sankeys Sabados competition. Further female winners will be announced at a later date and will play as part of The Ibiza Project which presents the very best Ibiza talent every week in Spektrum and The Boutique.

These four strong residents will play across the season - Jozef K, Manu Gonzalez and Kellie Allen every week and the excellent young house DJ Josh Butler bi-weekly for 13 shows. Making a very special guest appearance at the opening party is long time Sankeys favourite Matt Jam Lamont. The legendary Redlight resident is looking forward to crossing over into the dark side and revelling in his Tribal side.

Also bringing something special to the 2016 tribe is resident Miguel Campbell who presents his Outcross Records label showcase across 13 hot dates in the Basement building up to the imprints 10th Anniversary in October. On each date Miguel will be joined by an Outcross artist, all of whom have had releases on the innovative Leeds based label over the years. The programme kicks off with label mate Minota on 14th May who has 3 shows and it also includes 4 shows with Iain O’Hare and 2 shows with Matt Hughes..

Another hugely exciting label showcase comes in the form of resident Riton presenting his eponymous label ‘Riton Time’. The former Grand Central and Switch records artist is currently riding high from his latest club bomb ‘Rinse Repeat’ which is literally getting rinsed and repeated all over the globe. He will no doubt make the club go up on each of his 8 shows starting on July 9 and running every week until 9th August.

It’s a track success story that’s also true for Lee Walker, the Middlesbrough producer whose remix of DJ Deeon’s ‘Freak Like Me’ was recently dubbed the hottest track on the planet by Radio 1 top jock Annie Mac, made Number #1 in the Beatport Chart and has had major crossover success getting played by a wide variety of Premier League DJ’s from Marco Carola to Pete Tong. After first playing at the main Sankeys opening party on May 1st, Lee will perform for Tribal on June 18th and August 27th.

Ed Banger records head honcho Busy P, the man behind Daft Punk and Justice, makes a one off showcase on July 30th. His label mate Boston Bun makes his Sankeys ‘Housecall’ on June 25th and fellow producer Breakbot plays on July 23rd.

Other notable hot tickets include Music On 2015 star Hector who performs on July 23rd and August 27th , German giants Tube and Berger on July 9th, August 20th and September 10th, King of the Spanish new wave Uner on July 30, 8th August and October 8th and highly talented young UK producer Bontan who makes a very welcome return on June 4th and will make a further 3 shows for Tribal Sessions.

Also sure to garner attention will be Pan-Atlantic chart topper Secondcity going back to back with Tribal Sessions resident Manu Gonzalez for three shows. Plus Dutch duo ANOTR on May 28, and June 11. This is an exciting Sankeys Ibiza debut for the young duo who were hotly tipped by Mixmag as one’s to watch this year.

This year’s theme for Sankey’s Sabados presents Tribal Sessions is ‘Alien Avatar’. David Vincent said of the artwork, “As many people know Sankeys the Dog got abducted recently. He was returned to us in this blue Alien Avatar form, as we now know that he got abducted by a certain Tribe of Aliens.''

''The Aliens have contacted Earth to let us know what is going to happen withTribal Sessions Ibiza on Saturdays this summer and we are working under their guidance! As per their instructions, we are now building an alien jungle in the club and a communication teleport back to planet Neila so the E.T's can Phone Home. Welcome to the Jungle!''

Sankeys Sabados Tribal Sessions runs for 26 shows from Saturday 07 May until the closing on 29th October. Tickets can be purchased here http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/tribal-sessions

fb_img_1459427934268-jpg.2323

Last year I saw Dusky AND Andhim at Tribal Sessions. Before they went on Noir performed. Really has taken a nose dive this year...

These lineups outside of some dates with Miguel Campbell and Tube and Burger aren't that great...

Last year on Saturdays, Sankeys was giving out free wristbands for their nights which served as some sort of Ants afterparty and even those lineups were better as they had a couple of the DJs from Ants play out...and for free too! They should just left it like that

SURPRISE SUNDAY JAM!

DAVID VINCENT ANNOUNCES FREE SHELTER PRESENTS THE REDLIGHT PRE-SUMMER PARTY, FEATURING A SPECIAL 4 HOUR SET FROM RESIDENT MATT JAM LAMONT, IN ASSOCIATION WITH IBIZA ROCKS

Matt Jam Lamont is to play a special 4 hour set this Sunday 10th April at Sankeys, Ibiza for a surprise ‘The Redlight’ pre-summer warm up party. He is joined by Lisa Chadderton, Maxine Hardcastle and Alice Clark - all of whom were recently confirmed as new residents of The Redlight after taking part in the groundbreaking ‘Break the Glass Ceiling’ female DJ competition at Sankeys over Winter. The free party runs from 12am - 6.30 am.

Speaking about the unexpected announcement, club owner David Vincent said, “I just couldn’t wait until the end of May to hear Matt Jam Lamont play again. He’s been absolutely destroying it here over the Winter for Sankeys Sabados, in my opinion Matt Jam Lamont is playing the best music I’ve heard in Sankey’s since Solumun was exploding. It’s just so accessible because it has that techy edge but it’s also sexy and vocal.”

“I also saw that Lips had a fantastic daytime party going on this Sunday, “he explained further. “The amazing Apollonio are playing and is going to massive and I am sure the people will want to continue partying at Sankeys afterwards. The sun is shining and it just feels like there’s more people on the island than usual at this time of year. I felt inspired to give the island a pre-summer teaser of what they can expect from The Redlight musically!”

Matt Jam Lamont said, “I’m delighted to have been invited back so quickly to play again and this time for an extended four hour set. I’ve really connected the island over this winter. I did my birthday party at Sankeys last week which wasn’t my actual birthday but it was close to it and I’d already been booked for it. It went down so well that David asked me to come back and play on my actual birthday which is this Sunday and I just thought why not, I’d like to give something back to the island as they’ve really taken me to heart over the Winter, it’s been amazing. With a four hour set too, I really get a chance to play a range of feelings, from the more old school garage sound through to the more future house sound that I also love.

This looks set to be one massive Sunday on the island and a teaser for bigger things to come at The Redlight this summer.

12924485_659484744190617_4479277141467091056_n.jpg

Just seen the Unusual Suspects names released. Some interesting guests, such as Margaret Dygas and Dorian Paic.

Will Carl Craig be playing at all of the Detroit Love parties?

Unusual Suspects announce names for 22-week Sankeys Ibiza residency including Rhadoo, Margaret Dygas, Petre Inspirescu, Thomas Melchior and more

Ibiza, 26th April 2016 (Toga Media).-After the huge success of their winter parties, Unusual Suspects returns to Sankeys Ibiza for an exciting summer-long residency. Born at the club, in the Spektrum room at Tribal Sessions in the summer of 2015, it became apparent very quickly that it needed its own night. At the end of the summer, Marco Bassi approached David Vincent and put the idea of a winter residency to him. Starting in November 2015 the night was born, and with the main resident of Detroit Love, Carl Craig firmly at the helm it quickly became the island’s most popular party. Sankeys Ibiza saw the likes of Eats Everything, Martin Buttrich, Nicole Moudaber, Stacey Pullen and Audiofly all play at the club. Also pulling out the stops week in, week out was Unusual Suspects’ main resident, the young and super talented Italian, Frank Storm. The music policy is techno, tech house and house - its synergy and connection that it had with the club has worked so well this winter, and everyone involved is extremely excited about the next chapter.

From Thursday 12th May through to Thursday 13th October, Unusual Suspects takes up its summer residency for a massive 22 weeks. The club will play host to some of the biggest names in the world of techno.

We are very excited to announce that for the opening party on May 12th we have the extremely talented Romanian-born DJ and Producer Rhadoo, who will be playing alongside Berlin based musician and DJ Guido Schnieder. The young and talented Italian resident Frank Storm will also be joining them with Rick Maia from FACT. This opening party is not one to be missed! The following week we have one of underground’s true visionaries Thomas Melchior playing in the Basement with Berlin-born enthusiastic and soulful artist Janina, as well as FUSE resident Archie Hamilton and Andre Buljat from FACT. On May 26th, Sankeys Ibiza opens its other main room The LAB with a huge lineup! A special guest (yet to be announced) will be holding down the Basement, whilst Sankeys Ibiza favourite Shlomi Aber, deep house and techno artist Silvie Loto, Janina and Frank Storm will play in The LAB.

On June 2nd we are excited to have the talented Romanian-born DJ and producer Petre Inspirescu (Pedro) play as well as house enthusiast Julietta and Italian artist Federico Grazzini. The following week we have Guido Schneider, one of Romania’s most well known minimal tech artists Barac, Janina and Francesco Allendes all playing at the club. On June 16th we are happy to welcome Julian Perez back to the club alongside the exciting German artist Binh, as well as funk, techno and groovy house artist Francesco Del Garda and Burn residency winner Marina Karamarko. On June 23rd we have Constant Sound, Thomas Melchior, UK-based producer Steve O’Sulivan (live) and Argentina-born Herr, and on June 30th Vera and Alexandra hold down the Basement together after the launch of their Melliflow record label.

On July 7th, Unusual Suspects will host the Basement with Janina, Guido Schneider, Silvie Loto and Andre Buljat from FACT and the following week we have the intriguing and groundbreaking character of the clubbing scene, Praslea who will also be joined by Frank Storm and Rick Maia. On July 21st we see Janina, Binh, BirdsMakingMachine (live) and Haiku 575 playing at the club, and the following week we welcome the return of Thomas Melchior and Polish-born Margaret Dygas plus London based Saoirse.

August 4th is still to be announced but once we have this night confirmed you will not be disappointed. On August 11th we see Eli Verveine, Janina, and Vera play at the club and the following week we host a FLASH bookings showcase with techno DJs Dana Ruh and Dorian Paic and Italian-born tech house artist, Carola Pisaturo and also island favorite, Iban Mendoza. The 25th welcomes back Barac, Thomas Melchior and Blackhall & Bookless from Jaunt.

September 1st sees Janina, Binh and Cab Drivers (live) hold down the Basement and on the 8th we have got a massive lineup in the form of Praslesh (Praslea & Raresh), and Max Vaahs. On September 15th we welcome back Shlomi Aber, Haiku 575 and Francesco Allendes and then on the 22nd we have Janina and Eli Verveine returning to play in the Basement. On the 29th we are excited to have Thomas Melchior back playing alongside Japanese tech artist Fumiya Tanaka, and Silvie Loto.

We are keeping the last two dates in October a secret for now, but we can promise you now, the artists we have in the pipeline for these parties will not disappoint.

13007137_1172183856126239_6815148747100780430_n.jpg

Steve Lawler's Warriors residency will run from June 19th through September 25th at Sankeys Ibiza in 2016.

Previously called VIVa Warriors, the party is preparing for its fifth season at the Playa D'en Bossa club. Lawler will be joined on Sunday nights by a cast of residents, returning guests and new faces, including DJs like Groove Armada, Hot Since 82, Eats Everything, Skream, Dennis Ferrer, Huxley, B.Traits, Santé & Sidney Charles, wAFF, Route 94, Nathan Barato, Denney, Leftwing & Kody, SEFF, Waifs & Strays, Anek, Mark Jenkyns, Jaymo & Andy George, Jamie Roy and Detlef. Mathew Jonson and Guti will play live. More names will be added in the coming weeks.

Hmm few artists that i wouldn't really associate with 'Warriors' and definitely wouldn't choose to go and see

Steve Lawler's Warriors residency will run from June 19th through September 25th at Sankeys Ibiza in 2016.

Previously called VIVa Warriors, the party is preparing for its fifth season at the Playa D'en Bossa club. Lawler will be joined on Sunday nights by a cast of residents, returning guests and new faces, including DJs like Groove Armada, Hot Since 82, Eats Everything, Skream, Dennis Ferrer, Huxley, B.Traits, Santé & Sidney Charles, wAFF, Route 94, Nathan Barato, Denney, Leftwing & Kody, SEFF, Waifs & Strays, Anek, Mark Jenkyns, Jaymo & Andy George, Jamie Roy and Detlef. Mathew Jonson and Guti will play live. More names will be added in the coming weeks.

Punters shuffling out of call centers all over Romford as we speak to make it in time for opening........:eek::eek::eek:

Back