San Antonio's health and safety controls: Amnesia, Privilege and Es Paradis fined

I haven't read much into it other than what's been said in here but if privilege doesnt open then that is massive news

What’s the plan? Are Privilege just carrying on regardless with the hope of pulling something out of the bag/envelope at the 11th hour? Seems like a knife edge situation especially with a behemoth like Resistance hanging in the balance along with the other nights who deserve an equal amount of reassurance about their own season ahead.

I'm pretty sure Privilege will open but maybe only just in time for Resistance.
Hope Solid Grooves and Resistance have something in their contracts to get paid for every cancelled date, just in case.

What’s the plan? Are Privilege just carrying on regardless with the hope of pulling something out of the bag/envelope at the 11th hour? Seems like a knife edge situation especially with a behemoth like Resistance hanging in the balance along with the other nights who deserve an equal amount of reassurance about their own season ahead.

Ibiza has form for last minute miracles. Hi looked like a building site with a few days to go, but opening night happened somehow in all its VIP glory.

Would be a disaster if it didnt happen though, Resistance cant easily just move somewhere else, the DJ's would probably end up popping up as very special guests on other nights at other clubs.

I was wondering why Privi hasn’t expanded and improved the Vista Room, since that’s probably one of the best rooms on the island.

But then you read stuff like this and realize the place is run by fools.

Actually the way I read it, the expansion of the vista room into a real clubbing space is part of the reason for the closure. I remember the "vista room" being only at the very front in 2012, towards the big windows. with only a bar and no speakers in the space between vista and main room. now it's one bigger floor, which is a safety hazard. or have I got that wrong?

Actually the way I read it, the expansion of the vista room into a real clubbing space is part of the reason for the closure. I remember the "vista room" being only at the very front in 2012, towards the big windows. with only a bar and no speakers in the space between vista and main room. now it's one bigger floor, which is a safety hazard. or have I got that wrong?

Went to Radio1 there in 2013 and it was absolutely rammed, at least 10k there and took ages to get in, and they were making the crowd enter via various entrances to spread the crowd out. We entered on a high floor, down what I assume was a fire exit and remember thinking it wasnt in great nick, dark and cramped. But that was 6 years ago and things may have altered.

Also safety rules in general are more lax, for years Cream at Amnesia had that crazy setup on the terrace where the booth, entrance to the main room, toilets and exit were all in the same corner!

They've been using the Vista Room as a clubbing spot for years though and only now it's an issue? Or am I wrong?

Just leaving there was some nightmare last time I went. Ended up in someone's garden with a few others one bloke wearing a wedding dress and we were only looking for the main road to get bus or taxi back to Ibiza town.. it was a manumission night if I remember right.. think we ended up walking and found a bar that I still see Everytime I leave the airport it still there..#goodtimes

They've been using the Vista Room as a clubbing spot for years though and only now it's an issue? Or am I wrong?
My point is that the area they use as vista room got bigger. The first part when you‘re coming from the main room was just some dead space without speakers, to chill a bit.

The first part when you‘re coming from the main room was just some dead space without speakers, to chill a bit.

erm...no. that part used to be the coco loco room, an acual dancefloor, for a long time. and the main bit of today's vista club is what used to be 'la vaca'. a dancefloor as well, albeit not open very often.

and today‘s vista blue was the restaurant back in the day if I‘m not mistaken

Sorry if this question keeps being asked but I keep reading Doom and Gloom around Privilege and just read an Interesting Article from Danny Kay. Will it be opening? Or is it a case of wait and see. Like most I’m Hoping for a night in there for Resistance

Sorry if this question keeps being asked but I keep reading Doom and Gloom around Privilege and just read an Interesting Article from Danny Kay. Will it be opening? Or is it a case of wait and see. Like most I’m Hoping for a night in there for Resistance
He speculates it won't open at all and also mentions how a high profile DJ didn't grt paid by them! Not looking good

Where else if privilege don't open.. all part of Coxy's Master plan..

Speaking of Cox....David Brown, who is part of the Space gang, posted something on Instagram basically saying either Space should take over Privi or they should throw a party there.

Resistance Facebook page posted yesterday.....

We’re ready for another epic summer on the white isle. Will you be joining us?

I also read Kay's article which doesn't fill me with any optimism in the slightest - he predicted big Ibiza news this summer so I suppose I do trust his judgement....

We planned our holiday around two Resistance nights, so this would be a major blow to our trip....

Surely Resistance wouldn't promote or sell tickets for that matter for a venue which they believe will not open?

Back