San Antonio vs. Playa d'en Bossa

D

darktribal

Hello....I'm traveling to the great island from Sept. 11-17. Since it will be my first time I'm a little confused on where to stay. As of right now, I'm booked to stay in San Antonio. After doing a little more research I'm thinking about changing my plans to Playa d'en Bossa....has anyone stayed at the Dausol apartments???? I'm trying to save money on a bed so I can spend more on what's really important :twisted: ! Any help would be great......sorry, I realise there are a lot of posts like this. :D

Although playa de bossa has a few wickid clubs, it is very much a family resort. You'll find alot of children etc.

San Antonio is where the "life" is, so to speak. It's where all the young people stay, and it is packed with bars and clubs.

Ibiza town is where the more "mature" clubber chooses, it is also popular with the gay community. Ibiza town has a few classy and expensive clubs and bars.

Ibiza is so small, it doesn't matter where you stay, everywhere is just a short taxi ride away. If you do go, make sure you see alot of the island.

Have a wicked time :)

San Antonio is a lot cheaper to stay in, it has two clubs (Eden, Es Paradis), many sunset bars, and has the West End and a lot of British holidaymakers.

Playa Den Bossa has a more European feel to it personally, less British, it has beach bar Bora Bora and club Space. Accommodation is slightly more expensive, but it is only 10 minutes or so on bus to Ibiza town which is very handy.

taotally agree with pooley causei normally stay in san an bat and just get a taxi round to playa en de bossa

I'd choose Playa D'en Bossa over San Antonio because it's closer to Space, DC-10, Bora Bora, Salinas, and Ibiza Town.

premile said:
I'd choose Playa D'en Bossa over San Antonio because it's closer to Space, DC-10, Bora Bora, Salinas, and Ibiza Town.

Exactly, one year me and Tom were staying in San Antonio Bay and we manaed to spend £70 in taxis in 24 hours :eek: :p

i like the sun set strip so am in san ann bay this year, plus we only paid 460 for Bahia which is 4*, so im very happy with that.

prob spend alot on cabs cos my fav are pacha, space, plus i like the bars in ibiza town. Bascially i love the island and will probably be up and down like a yoyo..

then again, as said before it only takes 10 to end from one end of the island to the other

lynch said:
i like the sun set strip so am in san ann bay this year, plus we only paid 460 for Bahia which is 4*, so im very happy with that.

prob spend alot on cabs cos my fav are pacha, space, plus i like the bars in ibiza town. Bascially i love the island and will probably be up and down like a yoyo..

then again, as said before it only takes 10 to end from one end of the island to the other

Bahia is nice Lynch, def best hotel in San Antonio :D

ive heard good things :D and can't wait

still 10 weeks to go though :cry: , still, godskitchen global gathering have a borabora beach party going on so thats something to break up the long wait :D

hi

darktribal have a look at this website www.vidado.com you can have a look at all the hotels yours should b on there its great theres always one or to in the brochore but on there there was 37 pics 4 where im going even showed the bathroon lol just click on ibiza the the resort then theres rows and rows of hotels click on name of hotel then its brings loads of photos some got 6 pics others got more

Nooooooooo!

Don't stay in San An! D'en Bossa is so much better.
San Antonio makes me embarrased to be British, there's loads of beered up lads hanging about and stuff - urgh.

I'll get crucified for saying this (!) :oops:

i wouldn't say the whole of san ann is like that, ive never seen rowdy people in coastline, or along mambos or savanahs. Just nice people out for a good time, and most people around these bars head of to places like pacha, space etc anyway later in the evening.

Thanks for the input!!!! I might switch to Playa D'en Bossa because I definitly plan to go to space (Tyrant there on Sunday!!!!! :eek: ), pacha, bora bora, Dc 10, etc. Also, I notice people talking about expensive taxi rides.....is it possible to take the bus from san an into ibiza town, playa d'en bossa, etc.???? Either place I stay I can't go wrong......I'd sleep just about anywhere just to be at ibiza. 85 days and counting!!!!!! :lol:

I'd definitely choose Playa D'en Bossa. You have the best beach, Bora Bora (the best place EVER), Space, Ancient People, Pin Up and you are so close to ibiza Town with all the good restaurants and bars.

The only good thing I like about San An is the sunset strip. If you want to go to Eden or Es Paradis it is handy though. San An is busier but the beach isn't as good and there are quie a few beer-boys around the westend which isn't my kind of thing.

All that happens if you stay in San Antonio is that you spend all your time getting taxis to Playa den Bossa and Ibiza Town.

If I stay in Playa den Bossa I'll spend one night over in San Antonio and go to Kuhmaras and Kasbah but that's it.

:eek:
didn´t like San An that much.......... went for the sunset bars, but that´s it. Out of ten days, just went one day, but it´s really a matter of tastes. Found lots of people having a good time there, so.......

I stayed on the southern seafront of Ibiza town. Most central for me. I walked to Playa D'en Bossa loads of times (about 25 minute walk) to Space and Bora Bora and one of my DJ buddies works at a bar near Bora Bora. It was also about a 20 minute walk from my Hotel to the harbour bars and cafes then onto Pacha.

I used the bus to get to San Antonio from Ibiza town on several occasions, takes 25 minutes and cost a ridiculous 1.40 Euros! The taxi costs about 14 Euros when sober and 19 Euros when a little intoxicated!!! (speaks from experience 2 weeks ago!).

Later
DJ Soulman 8)

100% ibiza town

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT STAY IN SAN AN. unless you like the drunken loud frat scene. all the cool things to do are in evissa or around there, like salinas beach. all the clubs are closer and the ones in san an are terrible. check out sol y mar hotel in ibiza town. doubles go for around 35 us dollars.

Back