San Antonio vs. Playa d'en Bossa

If you want a family holiday with lots of Germans, stay in Playa Den Bossa.

If you want a a fantastic base where you can see the top DJs in the world for nothing, have a great crack with similar people and visit some cracking bars, San An is the only place to stay. How anyone can go to Ibiza and not want to watch the sunset every night!

There is only one place to stay. I have been there on 10 occasions and would never want to stay anywhere else. The place has a buzz about it during the day and you can travel to the clubs at night. Taxis are cheap and the Disco Bus is cheaper!

Nothing beats coming back into San An at 8.00 in the morning and stopping at the 24hr shop to speak to people in a similar state about how good there nights were. I LOVE SAN ANTONIO!!

Dirk Bigler said:
If you want a family holiday with lots of Germans, stay in Playa Den Bossa.

If you want a a fantastic base where you can see the top DJs in the world for nothing, have a great crack with similar people and visit some cracking bars, San An is the only place to stay. How anyone can go to Ibiza and not want to watch the sunset every night!

i disagree.

what about bora bora, pin-up, space........

I am not dissing the clubs (or Germans for that matter, sorry it did not read the way I meant it!) just the location for somwhere to stay.

I always travel into Playa Den Bossa, but I will only do Space once or twice at a push and spend another day at Bora Bora. It's only 20 mins from San An so it's not a problem. I would never go to Eden or Es Paradis but San An is just a fantastic base for your two weeks.

You have to remember, no one goes out clubbing for 14 days and nights, you want somewhere nice to chill and recover. Where else matches the Sunset Strip, Kasbah, Coastline, Il Vaticano, Villa Mercedes and Bar M Strip etc etc etc etc?

Dirk Bigler said:
You have to remember, no one goes out clubbing for 14 days and nights, you want somewhere nice to chill and recover. Where else matches the Sunset Strip, Kasbah, Coastline, Il Vaticano, Villa Mercedes and Bar M Strip etc etc etc etc?

agreed...
;)

gecko2 said:
San Antonio is a lot cheaper to stay in, it has two clubs (Eden, Es Paradis), many sunset bars, and has the West End and a lot of British holidaymakers.

Playa Den Bossa has a more European feel to it personally, less British, it has beach bar Bora Bora and club Space. Accommodation is slightly more expensive, but it is only 10 minutes or so on bus to Ibiza town which is very handy.

You didn't mention Pin-Up Gecko. 8)

Space and Pin-Up are must do's, but if you like getting drunk, better stay in San Antonio, cos this is not the people who fit in the superclubs. Never been to the 2nd but this time my hotel is beside it.

Just to throw a spanner in the works - if you realy want to chill when you are having a night in - why not stay in Santa Eulalia.....its quiet, clean and there are no wild holiday makers boozing the nights away.

You can get cheap rooms as well. Might need a car though.
8)

S Express said:
Just to throw a spanner in the works - if you realy want to chill when you are having a night in - why not stay in Santa Eulalia.....its quiet, clean and there are no wild holiday makers boozing the nights away.

agreed

Playa D'En Bossa everytime 8)

I agree that PDB is more of a family resort, but last year (August) the number of family types was well down - a much 'cooler' crowd and virtually no knobs.

Everything i want is this side of island.

:)

I'm just back from San An but this time we hired a car and the only time we actually spent in San An was to go to the sunset strip and Kumaharas. We spent 3 days down at Playa D'en Bossa which is where I will definately stay next time and the rest going all over the island in our hire car. I might even do 3 nights in one of the quieter resorts like Portinax or Cala Llonga next time just to go to the beach and chill out.

I have enjoyed San An in the past but it's just not for me anymore.

San An and Playa den bossa both have a tacky side but there is less english beer boys in PDB.
plus PDB is nearer the clubs ( unless you like eden and es paradis )
San an has good sunset bars.
Figuereettas is a good place to stay as it isn't tacky and its in between ibiza town and PDB. plus its easier to get a bus from figuerettas to san an than it is to get a bus to san an from PDB.

Back