San Antonio Bay paseo extension

Good to see this is progressing. If San An is going to change then it needs big investments like this and a better walkway from the Bay would unlock staying in the Bay for those wanting a bit of both Bay and Town action.

I have the opposite view to this, the first promenade running up to the Abrat Hotel ruined the whole sunset strip and ended up becoming a tourist trap and an extension of the west end. I really like the rugged walk along the beaches from the Hawaii along to Kumharas, the latter is the only place I really enjoy to visit for sunsets which I fear will go the same way as the sunset strip. Agree it will bring benefits for many but for me it is a backward step.

I have the opposite view to this, the first promenade running up to the Abrat Hotel ruined the whole sunset strip and ended up becoming a tourist trap and an extension of the west end. I really like the rugged walk along the beaches from the Hawaii along to Kumharas, the latter is the only place I really enjoy to visit for sunsets which I fear will go the same way as the sunset strip. Agree it will bring benefits for many but for me it is a backward step.

Do agree it can work both ways. I am concerned about the extension the other way to Cala Gracio for the reasons you have mentioned. Currently a lot of San An visitors don't know about Cala Gracio and a more obvious route would attract more crowds.

But if San An is hell-bent on wiping out the westend it will need something new to offer. Otherwise they are just trying to attract new visitors to a few streets of empty or closed down bars.

The S.A. mayor is on the local TV right now. Don't expect to see this ready anytime soon. Way too many permits involved before S.A. and S.J. can even start it...

Kind of reminds me of what they have done in Figueretas, albeit a smaller scale with the wooden walk way. Still not convinced though and wonder how this will impact on Kumharas which still feels very natural and semi remote at the moment.

Kind of reminds me of what they have done in Figueretas, albeit a smaller scale with the wooden walk way. Still not convinced though and wonder how this will impact on Kumharas which still feels very natural and semi remote at the moment.
Will probably destroy it, in the same way the walkway has destroyed Mambos & Cafe del Mar...

Will probably destroy it, in the same way the walkway has destroyed Mambos & Cafe del Mar...
Not sure I agree with that. A lot of people will get to CM/CDM and then not be arsed to go any further. Increased foot traffic, yes, but not overwhelmingly so I don't think

Not sure I agree with that. A lot of people will get to CM/CDM and then not be arsed to go any further. Increased foot traffic, yes, but not overwhelmingly so I don't think

I agree, it's still a long walk from San An in the Sun and many won't bother getting the boat and walking either.

San An Bay needs something doing, felt very quiet and full of graffiti last time I wandered round (2017 I think) I haven't actually been as far as Kumharas, one for the to do list when we are free again.

Sorry, ignore me, I’m getting my Kumharas mixed up with my Golden Buddha.

Totally agree, noticed in the plans that they are building a huge auditorium building with an outdoor amphitheatre for 300 people right next door to Kumhara's (which i saw them starting in October 19), the wooden walk way will run right through the sitting area outside Kumhara's so they will lose this (same as what happened with Mambo when they lost their sitting area to the new concrete part of the promenade). Appreciate that both Mambo and and Kumhara's might have unofficially encroached onto what is/was technically the coastline but it gave the place a great feel.

https://cadenaser.com/emisora/2019/02/27/radio_ibiza/1551275655_098406.html

Thankfully it wont run past Hostal la Torre!

Last edited:
hmmm.

while I understand those saying it's 'ruined' mambo and CDM, my opinion is that the promenade in its entirety has massively improved san an's coastline.

also, the area where kumharas is located never gets nearly as busy as the sunset strip and I'm thus not worried that it'll have a negative impact on kumharas or any of the other places. the only zone where they really could have taken the promenade behind the first line of businesses is the stretch from savannah to mint

Really nice projet Imo , I really like wood , much better than cement but they really have to put a really nice and strong one otherwise wood so close to the sea won’t last long ...

noticed in the plans that they are building a huge auditorium building with an outdoor amphitheatre for 300 people right next door to Kumhara's
The Caló de s’Oli auditorium opened two weeks ago. I went there yesterday for the live music and it's a nice addition to the area.

7c67f0a5-507a-4115-8666-e01bc50634c1_21-9-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Back