SA PENYA DISTRICT

joseph

Please can someone tell me where exatly this is?? Is it right beside the d'alt villa?? Last year I was the famous 'croissant show' at the bottom of the d'alt villa, and ended up speaking to some locals, and without saying too much ended up going back to one of their flats....the area i was in looked kinda dodgy but was literally a 5 min walk from the croissant show...through loads of cobbled, windy roads....was this the sa penya area, and should i have not been there??

There's a lot of gypsies in that area, not the best place to visit I have heard.

McRackin said:
joseph said:
should i have not been there??
of course you shouldnt - thank god for still being alive!! :eek:

yes, is that area. i was there this morning - booooo!! :lol:
:lol: joking to one side though, is it really dodgy?? the chrarcters i met there were slightly dubious, but seemed harmless enough......am i being naieve..?

I've been racking my brains trying to work out where this place is and have just been reading a few other topics about it being near the croissant show and now I know! I was there a few weeks ago, very dodgy - will avoid that in the future, got some very weird looks off the locals who lived there.don't think they liked british trash on their territory ! :confused:

dash said:
gecko2 said:
There's a lot of gypsies in that area, not the best place to visit I have heard.

The problem is not really the gypsies, but the pusher men and the heroin/cocain addicts who can treath you to get money...
More photos:
http://www.jorgetutor.com/spain/baleares/ibiza/sapenya/sapenya.htm

i've totally been up some of the streets in the picture, i just thought i was 'exploring the real old town'!

i don't think it's that dodgy during the day surely??

joseph said:
joking to one side though, is it really dodgy?? the chrarcters i met there were slightly dubious
nah - they are lovely people!! :lol:

yesterday when i was there this lady comes to me and asks could you please take a picture of me with my family? :eek:

i go there and guess who was a member of the family? :rolleyes:

the well known dark haired, moustached, hatted, black dressed and always with a cane gypsy that often hangs out near croissant show!!
Happy29.gif

so there you have me taking a picture of the famous patriarca and his clan!! :eek:

anyway - she even said muchas gracias guapo!! :oops:

as i said before - lovely people!! :twisted:

joseph said:
i've totally been up some of the streets in the picture, i just thought i was 'exploring the real old town'!

I've also been several times and i am still alive, but some people that i knew weren't so lucky ( the speciality is the treath with a syringe )...It's interessant to walk through those small street, but especially avoid the top of the "hill" where the big heroin trafiquant houses are based...

dash said:
joseph said:

I've also been several times and i am still alive, but some people that i knew weren't so lucky ( the speciality is the treath with a syringe )...It's interessant to walk through those small street, but especially avoid the top of the "hill" where the big heroin trafiquant houses are based...

I've always felt the further up you go, the more scary that neighborhood is... the first street, which runs from the harbor (where that Thai restaurant is) back towards the market area isn't bad. Further up, it's seems eerily deserted during the day and I've had some frights from dealer-types at night.

McRackin said:
dash said:
especially avoid the top of the "hill" where the big heroin trafiquant houses are based...
thats where i met el patriarca and his clan!! :eek: :lol: :eek:

Do you mean the hill that "begin" near the restaurante bar mariano (one of the acces is by the road who begin on the right of the calle de la virgen begining ?) :?:

down there is like disneylandia!! :lol:

i mean the streets on top of sa penya next to the wall (c. del retir, c. alt, tr. de sa penya, etc) but yes, you can access to them through that one!! :idea:

I think El Patriarca is quite cool. I see him almost every evening when he comes up to Dalt Vila with his dog and sits on the muralla for a while, striking a pose like saying "I'm the king of this island". Well at least in one concern he most probably is ;)

i could tell you some funny stories about him but this is not the right place but yeah, he is cool. today when i was in sa penya (booooo :twisted: ) i saw el patriarca carrying his super bicycle along the stairs of pujada de sa drassaneta, with this little radio in the pocket with the music to the max and singing some weird songs!! :lol:

the tourists were like ---> :eek: :eek: :eek: (what he hell..........?)

McRackin said:
i mean the streets on top of sa penya next to the wall (c. del retir, c. alt, tr. de sa penya, etc)
here you have it:

030715altstadt6.jpg

you can even see the house of el patriarca...............................................................

Back