Rooney on his way out of Man U

Assuming Whiskey Nose won't sell to Citeh or Chelski, I suppose Spain or Italy?

I'd imagine spain. But it's only be barca or real and none of them really need a striker.

I think you are both wrong. Unless Colleen dumps Shrek there is no way he will go abroad. She is too close to her family and handicapped sister.

IMO he will end up at Citeh. They are the only ones rich enough (and stupid enough) to pay What whiskey nose would be happy to take for him. If the price is right then he will have no qualms in letting him go.

The interesting thing then will be wether Fergie will get the money to spend, and if not then will he stay ;) :lol: Fingers crossed :lol:

According to the daily star?!

MANCHESTER CITY plan to offer Wayne Rooney an astonishing £26m a year to clinch one of the most stunning transfers in English football history.

City have emerged as shockcontenders to sign the disgruntled Manchester United star – but they must fend of competition from Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona to seal an amazing swoop.

Rooney's relationship with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hit rock bottom and the England striker is now desperate to leave Old Trafford.

City want to take advantage of the split at their locals rivals, and will utilise Sheikh Mansour's billions to get their man.

It is understood City will offer Rooney a staggering £300,000 a week in basic salary to cross the divide.

And Starsport has learned City are prepared to pile on an extra £200,000 in image rights to take his weekly wage to a sensational £500,000.

Rooney has negotiated a number of lucrative contacts since his debut for Everton in 2002, including multi-million
deals with Nike, Nokia and Coca-Cola.

And the striker's move to Eastlands would see City take over those endorsements and trans- fer the money over to the striker.

Fellow big spenders Chelsea are also prepared to take advantage of Rooney's situation, with main strikers DidierDrogba, 32, and Nicolas Anelka, 31, in the twilight of their careers.

Yesterday, Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti tried to play down a move for Rooney.

But he did say: “Firstly, we have to wait to see if Wayne Rooney really wants to leave Manchester United. Secondly,
whether United really want to sell him.

“And thirdly, if Rooney's on the market then I think that not just Chelsea are interested.”

Last edited by a moderator:
"including multi-million deals with Nike, Nokia and Coca-Cola. " - i believe the coca cola one is already history after his antics ;)

a sad, sad day for united. i've been a "live round the corner" fan for years and years and i'm absolutely gutted. ok he's been rubbish for 6 months, but last season everytime he got the ball you expected something to happen. there aren't many footballers where that's the case. in spain, the manu games are nearly always shown, city, never - what do i do if i want to watch my favourite footballer :(

gutted, absolutely gutted. sort it out manu!!

p.s. and get rid of gibson et al

A lad at work told me that when Rooney moved into his house at Alderley Edge he had the turf changed to the same stuff as Old Trafford.

Maybe he thought the grass would be greener?

Looks like Rooney is coming to Liverpool.
I know this cos I was at the ground before and heard Hodgson say "IT LOOKS LIKE WAYNES COMING".
I didn't stay any longer cos it started pi$$ing down.

Whiskey nose is loosing his touch. The man is too old school to deal with the modern multi-millionaire footballer.

Its clear by the way Ferguson exposed Rooney that hes really mad over the affair.

I think that only a move to Man City could upset Ferguson so much.

The man who signed up Rooney for Nike is the current city chairman so there is a relationship there between them.

Gurantee a certain Twitchy someone will have something to say about the matter.

Great player, love to have him here, see what the chairman can do, can't afford him, terrific lad, don't like to talk about other players, blah blah blah blah.

Gurantee a certain Twitchy someone will have something to say about the matter.

Great player, love to have him here, see what the chairman can do, can't afford him, terrific lad, don't like to talk about other players, blah blah blah blah.

you know it son ;)

STARS HAVE TOO MUCH CLOUT": Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp joked that he would like to take advantage of Rooney's spectacular fall-out with Ferguson and buy the striker.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Back