Rock Ness

fatphilb

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4854730.stm[/url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4854730.stm

Dance stars set to rock Loch Ness
Fatboy Slim, aka Norman Cook
The event is expected to attract thousands of dance fans
Plans for a major dance music festival on the banks of Loch Ness will be unveiled on Wednesday.

Fatboy Slim, aka Norman Cook, and DJ Carl Cox are to lead the line-up for "Rock Ness", along with Skye-born Mylo.

It is hoped the event on 24 June will attract 20,000 festival-goers, making it one the biggest music events ever to take place in the Highlands.

Norman Cook will visit the farmland site at Dores to officially launch the festival.

It will come close to rivalling the Highlands' biggest event, the Black Isle Show, for numbers.

Organisers claim Rock Ness is likely to be the hottest ticket dance music festival in Europe this summer and is expected to attract thousands of music fans from throughout the country.

You work offshore mate?

Been out in Aberdeen recently? I've had some awesome nights:p

Loch Ness should be really good, hope its sunny!

so what are you guys doing for this? Staying on to party in the campsite, or go for a night out in Inverness?:p

prob be stayin for a party at the camp site, cant beat a bit of outdoor drunken antics :D

if its good weather it'll be great, if its $hit then might have to go back to the drawing board and head into the highland capital.

what about yersel?

Yeah guess it depends on the weather.

Do you know what Inverness is like for a night out? We'll probably just carry on in the campsite to (if we're camping of course, still thinking about getting a hotel)

not sure mate, ive never been to inverness. but i would imagine it would have 1 or 2 big clubs playing commercial stuff and places where u can go for a bevvy seeing as how its the biggest city in the area and will attract all the punters from the surrounding towns.

either way, it'll be a riot :D

fergie19 said:
You work offshore mate?

Been out in Aberdeen recently? I've had some awesome nights:p

Loch Ness should be really good, hope its sunny!

aye im a steward fergie.
not been out in aberdeen since james lavelle at snafu for the ian brown afterparty mate.
im sick im not goin to rock ness,should be a cracker!!!!

Still dont know what we're going to do when it finishes, hopefully the camp site will be mad enough to stay there and party!

Chambo, I've been to Snafu heaps lately, they've had lots of good nights on:p

Really looking forward to this. We have booked out a dorm in a hostel in Inverness, £11 so can't complain 8) :p

fergie19 said:
Still dont know what we're going to do when it finishes, hopefully the camp site will be mad enough to stay there and party!

Chambo, I've been to Snafu heaps lately, they've had lots of good nights on:p

only been the once fergie mate but have seen the flyers for some of the nights and they looked quite good:D

I was really excited about this when I first heard about it. Then I discovered I can't make it :spank:

Cos I'll be in Ibiza :p

Sure it will be good though.

Ang,

So are you going to go out in Inverness afterwards?

Received and email about camping tickets a few days ago..think we may pass on that, campings never been my thing.

I'll be there! Been there nearly every weekend for the past few months, they have tons of awesome guests coming up!:p

fergie19 said:
Ang,

So are you going to go out in Inverness afterwards?

Received and email about camping tickets a few days ago..think we may pass on that, campings never been my thing.

Yep, think so....well I think it will be one of those days that you just take as it comes. The place we are staying has a wee garden too, so possible after parties there if not much in Inverness.

Been out once in Inverness years ago and there was a few clubs, and lots of pubs - think there will be a party atmosphere anyway :p

Camping the following week at T, so thought I'd go for shelter with this one ;)

We just wanted to take it as it comes, but you have to buy tickets in advanve if you want to get into the camping area.

Looks like we'll just head into Inverness afterwards:p

Back