Rip

@JameBlunt At the Q Awards years ago, when @NoelGallagher was saying he was leaving Ibiza because I'd moved there, and @DamonAlbarn refused to be in the same picture as me, and @PaulWellerHQ was saying he'd rather eat his own shit than work with me, Keith Flint came over, gave me a hug, and said how thrilled he was for my success.
Keith, I only met you once, but I shed a tear at the news of your death. In our business, there are no prizes for being kind, but if there was, that Grammy would be yours.

one of those awkward situations where the superior musicians have the inferior souls....

[FWIW I loved the Style Council but the cult of Weller was always a bit zzz]

Weller - one of the most overrated artists ever (IMO). Kicking myself that I never took the chance to see the Prodigy live (though much prefer their early stuff and wasn't into raving at the time).

I saw them live 3 times in 1992 - they were part of proper transformative year:

So sad to think that someone who was part of my formative youth, and brought so me much joy at the time, could be so unhappy as to want out

My bro used to get us both VIP tickets for various festivals and events and we'd meet up at them 2-3 times a year. It was the early 2000's when Creamfields was still a one-dayer and we were heading to the VIP bar when we saw the guys from The Prodigy just to one side. My brother decided we should say hello as we were both fans and as we approached they turned around, burst into huge smiles. "Oh my god, it's him from Emmerdale!" one of them shouted. "We're huge fans and watch it all the time!", my bro looked at me as if to say "What the fck is going on here, are they taking the pss or what?". But no, it seems that they all were genuine fans to the point where they insisted on having their photos taken with my bro and one even cadged an autograph. They also insisted on buying us both drinks which was nice! Later on my bro and I bumped into the guy who played Butch Dingle and he said "The weirdest fcking thing happened earlier on....". My bro just said "The Prodigy.....?" and he replied "Well, it was just the lead singer but he came up and gave me a huge hug and got his pic taken with me". To this day my bro insists it was one of the biggest headfcks he's ever had.

it's interesting how everyone I know in London is so gutted about KF when most of them haven't heard a prodigy record in 25 years and I think the reason for that is that people still badly miss what the rave years meant - the togetherness, the chaos and the freedom. some of it is the usual nostalgia for your teens but I think it goes deeper - people briefly thought the game had changed forever pre-CJA but it was all a mirage

Great tunes, personal favourites Voodoo People and Skylined. Whenever I think of the Prodigy I always remember not managing to get tickets for a gig at Staffs University and somebody said don't worry they are here every year. They then released Firestarter....never did come back.

6461Hal Blaine, Wrecking Crew drummer appears on quite literally hundreds of hits in the 60s and 70s. (Aquarius/Let the sunshine in being a much sampled funky example)

jake phelps - skateboarding legend.
Sad news just heard..?
IMG_20190315_090200.jpg
So many great pictures all over insta this morning.. love this one with his best mate p stone who died last year in the background..
IMG_20190315_090537.jpg

Last edited:
Back