Rip

Pete Shelley, the lead singer of the punk band Buzzcocks, has died aged 63, one of the UK’s most influential and prolific songwriters and co-founder of the seminal original punk band Buzzcocks.

Pete Shelley, the lead singer of the punk band Buzzcocks, has died aged 63, one of the UK’s most influential and prolific songwriters and co-founder of the seminal original punk band Buzzcocks.

For reasons I won't go into here...a very sad one for me. RIP

:cry::cry::cry:
Still the best band ever to have come out of Manchester. **GUTTED**

Their album tracks were far better than any of their big hits. I quite liked "You make my pants want to get up and dance".

Ah this is terribly sad news. I had the pleasure of meeting Geoff.

Our group of friends had left Space around midnight and headed back to an apartment in the Es Vive area for a bit. With DC10 on the schedule for the next day, we wrapped it up around 4am and took a stroll to get a Taxi. We walked past Hotel Es Vive which seemed to be very lively for that time of morning so we decided to pop our heads in. As non residents, we tentatively walked up the steps expecting to be told to get the hell out at any moment. The terrace was full of people in various states. A girl came from the reception area and walked towards us. Shit, the games up. She didn't say a word, but beckoned us towards her with her finger before setting off along a corridor, leading us through a doorway into a heaving club, straight onto the dancefloor before spinning off into the smoky distance. Wow. First time there, we explored a bit before heading out to the terrace for a drink. Charlie Chester was there, he told us DC10 was cancelled for tomorrow, the police had sealed the equipment. Devastating. We took a seat outside and everyone seemed to be there for a birthday. We got chatting to this guy beside us, long grey hair, fresh faced, cheeky smile and full of chat. This was Geoff. We couldn't get enough of him and he took us under his wing for the night. We were talking for hours about all sorts and he was telling us (scant details it has to be said!) about him, his Balearic roots and past and also his work with Jose Padilla. Several Hierbas later we were in and out of the club, travelling all over the terrace as the night progressed, Lisa Loud was there, being loud, the vibe was incredible. Then the sun began to rise. With DC10 off the schedule, we pushed it on through until I don't know what time and later decided to head to Salinas. Normal. First it was off to Geoff's place which at the time was out near Privilege for a pit stop. Before we knew it we were sitting on the rocks just past Sa Trinxa topping up, with Sebastian Tellier - La Ritournelle (which had just been released) wafting from the bar before heading to a table just in front of the booth where Chris Coco was playing for a bit. After more drinks, chat, laughs and adventures, a stark realisation that it was now very late on Monday and we had no way of getting back, we luckily bumped into a friend and blagged a lift back to town. We met up with Geoff again that holiday at Es Vive for an Hierbas and would meet for a beer in Ibiza Town when we were on the island. We stayed in touch for a bit, then sadly drifted. He was such a lovely, fascinating, mysterious and friendly guy who I feel privileged to have met and I will certainly treasure that night/day/night forever as one of the greats. It was Geoff and also Rob da Bank who played at the old pre Amante Sol den Serra which we checked out and fell in love with. A few years later, the wife and I were married there. Sebastian Tellier - La Ritournelle is one of 5 tracks on the wedding video. RIP Geoff. Gracias amigo.

Back