Rip

So it was a fine september morning in 2005 on the isle of wight at a festival called Bestival and I'd been up late the night before with a few thousand others getting battered to Royskopp's epic live show (was on my own for much of it because my friend spent the whole weekend stoned at the campsite cooking risotto) and it made sense to grab a burger and sit in the grass monging out to Ulrich Schnauss's ambient, shoegaze bliss...

However this was suddenly cut short by Sean "Guilty Pleasures" Rowley who decided to unleash upon us the full horror that is....

JUMP

my reaction was probably that of a cat that has been chucked in a bath. Angry emails were later sent to Rob Da Bank (he did apologise)

However, EVH does deserve kudos imo for taking jacko's beat it to a whole new level. He wasn't Hendrix but then again, who was?

We’re taking a break from our regular programming today to reflect and honour the life of one of Ibiza’s true icons, the great Brasilio de Oliveira, who sadly passed away yesterday in his birthplace, Sao Paulo.

A visionary. A magician. A pioneer. A legend. Ibiza would be a very different island if you hadn’t worked your magic on it over the years – in fact, Brasilio was the very reason Pikes owners Dawn Hindle and Andy McKay came to Ibiza, to host the first Manumission parties at Ku. Thank you for playing such an important part in our history, and creating so much magic with your fabulous parties and all-inclusive spirit. Rest in peace ‘El Brujo de Ibiza’ – it won’t be the same without you.
Brasilio de Oliveira, 1946 – 2020.

Back