Rip

Everybody at my school loved 808 State. Coolest f*ckers around. Tune after tune after tune. The raw excitement in those records. The YouTube comments will fill up with nostalgic ravers tonight x
Their Sunset 102 show was a window into what I was missing out on being too young to go out and experience. Apparently quite a few have been uploaded to YouTube.

Their Sunset 102 show was a window into what I was missing out on being too young to go out and experience. Apparently quite a few have been uploaded to YouTube.

will have a look thanks. yeah was just a bit too young too. the older sixth form kids were going to raves and I remember hearing them saying how amazing Cubik sounded (when everyone was all over that Belgian sound) and I was listening to it all on Deep Heat cassettes or watching on TOTP! I was still very innocent but it all felt like a glimpse into a parallel world. I did eventually get to see them dj live in Spain in 1999 but it was just Massey playing cold techno instead of the hits so I lost interest after that. Pacific State is still a timeless classic though. the eternal link between Ibiza and the warehouses.

RIP - only time I saw 808 State live was below, but I'm sure I caught the Spinmasters plenty of time in my Manc Uni days...
1991-01-18-Great-British-Music-Weekend-poster.jpg
1991-01-18-TheGreatBritishMusicWeekend-WembleyArena-London-England-flyer-2-front.jpg

@MARKB

Formely of this parish, that we never quite managed to meet for that pint is such a shame. I'll always revere you for this story:

I was inspired by Mark's attitude to adversity as cancer took it's toll - would that any of us might have the fortitude he showed.
This really saddens me but thanks for the note. Never met him either in person but chatted through the socials. He was a man of integrity, humour and class. RIP Mate x.

@MARKB

Formely of this parish, that we never quite managed to meet for that pint is such a shame. I'll always revere you for this story:

I was inspired by Mark's attitude to adversity as cancer took it's toll - would that any of us might have the fortitude he showed.

Just reading this now, such a shame. Even in his darkest hours such great humour. Bye pal.

ibiza has lost two beautiful souls in the last 48hrs.

raffaela travisano - being an electronic music industry worker for decades (see timo maas post).

analía giannarelli - simply one of us. a much loved local.

RIP :(
RIP to both

Love and strength to you mate x

ibiza has lost two beautiful souls in the last 48hrs.

raffaela travisano - being an electronic music industry worker for decades (see timo maas post).

analía giannarelli - simply one of us. a much loved local.

RIP :(

808 State did an impromptu gig in a corner of Heaton Park back in the day. What started out as a small gathering had about 2000 people within the hour and then the old bill turned up and told them to pack it in

The founder of Amnesia has died...

The founder of Amnesia has died...

Liked those articles. Will be looking into his works. Thanks

Yeah - bit mad that. Was super critical of some fashion designer jumping in and DJing for Circo Loco, Black Coffee etc - but certainly from a fashion perspective had a serious career. RIP

Back