RIP Natasha Richardson

HDR

Was anyone else as shocked by this as me ? Don't know whether it's that she was only a couple of years older than me, had two boys of similar age to my eldest 2 or just that she was skiing, which I do all winter long, but it just took my breath away when I heard this morning that her life-support was switched off :cry:

Sad to hear about this - bad thing to happen to anyone.

but I had never heard of her before :confused:..... sorry :?:

to mrs hdr

i think anytime you hear of news (good or bad) and the person involved you can relate to........their interests, their age, where they come from, kids ages, etc, etc, then it is only natural that it makes you stop and think in the way you said it did.

Awful news.

Especially for Max Clifford who is now in danger of having his big day overshadowed.

Have you seen the big Hoo Har over OK Magazine today? They have prematurely brought out a "Tribute to Jane Good 1981 - 2009 - The Good Times and the Bad times"

She's not even shuffled off this mortal coil yet! :eek:

to mrs hdr

i think anytime you hear of news (good or bad) and the person involved you can relate to........their interests, their age, where they come from, kids ages, etc, etc, then it is only natural that it makes you stop and think in the way you said it did.

Yes indeed, so much easier to keep some emotional distance when you don't feel "personally" involved in some way...

Have you seen the big Hoo Har over OK Magazine today? They have prematurely brought out a "Tribute to Jane Good 1981 - 2009 - The Good Times and the Bad times"

She's not even shuffled off this mortal coil yet! :eek:

I know, it's as if they are wishing her last days away :eek:

I know, it's as if they are wishing her last days away :eek:
This whole Jade Goody thing has been pretty friggin' grim... really pushing the boundaries of taste beyond an acceptable level, but OK mag took it to a new level of morbidity!

i didnt hear they had turned her life support system off.....sad sad sad news.....
it makes you think though.... you just never know when you're times up huh?

This whole Jade Goody thing has been pretty friggin' grim... really pushing the boundaries of taste beyond an acceptable level, but OK mag took it to a new level of morbidity!

OK magazine is horrendous.... im not suprised to hear about the tribute...
my god, if they could, they would pay huge money for the 1st foto after she passes away & put it on the front cover,..... disgusting.......

but i suppose its all money for her kids.....?:cry:

OK magazine is horrendous.... im not suprised to hear about the tribute...
my god, if they could, they would pay huge money for the 1st foto after she passes away & put it on the front cover,..... disgusting.......

but i suppose its all money for her kids.....?:cry:

I am waiting for the National day of Mourning - a la Diana :confused:

I am waiting for the National day of Mourning - a la Diana :confused:
If I hear even one call for that, I will kill myself. I will be a martyr for the last shreds of decency, logic and reason left in humanity!

Re: Richardson - OK, selfish moment - I haven't been skiing in 7 years and was thinking of getting back on the slopes sometime soon but that's got me a bit frightened. One fall, hit your head, think you're fine, then next thing you're brain dead. Scary stuff.

Re: Richardson - OK, selfish moment - I haven't been skiing in 7 years and was thinking of getting back on the slopes sometime soon but that's got me a bit frightened. One fall, hit your head, think you're fine, then next thing you're brain dead. Scary stuff.

I'm sure millions of people go skiing every year and come out unscathed! that's like saying you wont go to a beach anymore incase a coconut falls off a palm tree and hits you on your head :twisted:

If I hear even one call for that, I will kill myself. I will be a martyr for the last shreds of decency, logic and reason left in humanity!

I hear Ya!!!!!

You cant worry about stuff like that Morbs - if we succumbed to that line of thinking, we would never do anything in life..... it was a freak accident sadly....:confused:

I'm sure millions of people go skiing every year and come out unscathed! that's like saying you wont go to a beach anymore incase a coconut falls off a palm tree and hits you on your head :twisted:
Speaking of beach, I stopped doing much swimming after I nearly drowned off the coast of Formentera a couple of summers ago! :lol: :confused:

Obviously, the chances of any accident in any number of circumstances is remote. It was a horribly unfortunate fluke, in Ms Richardson's case. And no, you never should limit your life based on numerically inconsequential fears.... but still, just gets you thinking.

Back