Richie Hawtin???

bazilba

i`m going to ibiza with the GF on 23rd and we cant decide whether to go to cocoon on the monday or manumission.

I went to both last year and have to admit cocoon was the better night with Sven and Green Velvet doing their utmost to give me a cardiac arrest :eek: :D :eek: my GF has never been to Manumission though and obviously wants to see what all the fuss is about.

This year Sven aint playin the night we are there :cry: and although I have heard great things about richie hawtin I dont know what to do?

what do you think? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Still definitely choose Cocoon over Manumission.

I've seen Hawtin a couple of times and both times he's been excellent. He is very unique in his approach and is technically perfect.

Alot of bad reports have come back about Cocoon this year, id personally go 4 Manummission if she's never been before. You have to go once in a lifestyle!!!!

see thats what i`ve been telling her as its definitely something you have to see but it will be there next year and i think manumission is getting a little OTT.

i much prefer good music and cracking lights to the maddass show they put on in manumission

i`ve seen a few bad reports on the web but cant believe that as last year it was the best night out of the whole 2 weeks (and the summer from what a lot of people told me)

ruth said:
Alot of bad reports have come back about Cocoon this year, id personally go 4 Manummission if she's never been before. You have to go once in a lifestyle!!!!

I have to say and I'm a techno freek, that the night i was in manumission it was actually pretty good :eek: :eek: :D . The night I went to cocoon is was only ok, the music is'nt up to much, hard pounding lifeless techno. Jeff Mills and Carl Cox in Space were way better.

Yeah, someone who went in July said it was dead!! In fact everyone i have spoken to does not rate this night this year.

Richie Hawtin is one of the best techno-dj´s!
His mixing is perfect, i am very happy to see hawtin at my ibiza stay (14.8.-28.8.)!!

ruth said:
Yeah, someone who went in July said it was dead!! In fact everyone i have spoken to does not rate this night this year.

Cocoon was the best night of my holiday this year. Yes, it wasn't absolutley rammed but it was a long way off dead and by 3 AM the atmosphere was amazing.

I was at Cocoon on the 28th and this is what I've experienced:

the terrace (or was it called garden) was completely empty and the other room (whatever that name might be) was 3/4 full. Music was very hard techno w/o melody. I don't know the names of the DJs but Sven wasn't there for sure. Perhaps then the club would have been a little bit more crowded.

I cannot recommend the night from my point of view!

Each to their own.

I personally prefer clubs ot to be rammed so that I can dance/breath.

I think that if you don't like techno it probably wouldn't float your boat, either.

fun_for_me said:
I was at Cocoon on the 28th and this is what I've experienced:

the terrace (or was it called garden) was completely empty and the other room (whatever that name might be) was 3/4 full. Music was very hard techno w/o melody. I don't know the names of the DJs but Sven wasn't there for sure. Perhaps then the club would have been a little bit more crowded.

I cannot recommend the night from my point of view!

Yep I was there that night, agree with you.

This was the line-up on the 28th:

Richie Hawtin, Funk D'Void, Anthony Rother LIVE
House Floor: M.A.N.D.Y., MarT (hosted by Monza)

Like I said, each to their own!

Keifer said:
Welcome back Ed, have you a review for us...

Thank you, had a fab time, The head is still really fuzzy, I'm typing it on word so bear with me for a while. Kittens head I'm pretty sure Richie Hawthin did'nt show up on the 28th

Cocoon or Manumission ..?

Well, it all depends on what ya into really. I go clubbing mainly for the music, you can have the best show on in the world's nicest club, but if the music doesn't do nothing for me then...well I just don't have a good time. So I would personally choose Cocoon anyday but I would say that as I'm a Techno Head.

A bit shocked by the bad Reports for this year though. Went 3 times last year and each time was utterly superb. I'm going over this year for the closing party and can't wait as heard the reports off last year's. Didn't they continue the party on a beach in to the next day ..? Seen these mad photographs somewhere on the net. Hoefully they'll do that again this year!! :D

ED CASE said:
Keifer said:
Welcome back Ed, have you a review for us...

Thank you, had a fab time, The head is still really fuzzy, I'm typing it on word so bear with me for a while. Kittens head I'm pretty sure Richie Hawthin did'nt show up on the 28th

He's changed his look recently-I hardly recognised him at first at T in the Park as he's grown hair and ditched the glasses.

Coccon

Richie Hawtin is a great Dj. I like him alot. This year i did Cocoon on its opening it was as good as the previous years. I never miss cocoon when in Ibiza. If your GF wants to go to Manumission and if she's not into hard techno then may be you should listen to her :( .

I believe Sven Vath plays harder techno than Richie Hawtin, is that true?

I like techno, but not much if it's real hard. It consumes me soon.

Back