Richie Hawtin???

I think hawtin play a little bit harder than väth.
Both are not sooooo hard in techno, carl cox (or chris liebing, adam beyer, rush,...) plays harder.
Hawtin is more clearer in his set (minimal techno), väth goes up and down douring his sets.

Thanks for your advice peeps, i think cocoon shades it. which is what i`d rather go to anyway (and i think amnesia is a better club than privelige anyway)

i`ll post a review when i come back anyway, let you know if i made the right choice.

Could one of the reasons that cocoon is quiet due to the posters they are using this year.

It scared the sh1t out of me and certainly didn't make me want to go to see a man with a weird head play out.

COCOON IS THE BEST NIGHT IN IBIZA WITH THE BEST DJS ESPECIALLY SVEN VATH.
I was there on the 21st July; amazing night exactly like previous years!!!!!!!!!!! and I will be back for the closing night on 15th september with Sven and Richie :D :D :D :D :D :D

spacefred wrote

COCOON IS THE BEST NIGHT IN IBIZA WITH THE BEST DJS ESPECIALLY SVEN VATH.
I was there on the 21st July; amazing night exactly like previous years!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely echo that.

i have never been to manumission so i cant comment on which night you should go to but, i was there for cocoon on the 28th and 4thaug
I had a great time on the 28th.. yeah it wasnt that packed but there was a big enough crowd to get a good atmosphere and it was, apart from anthony corothers, a night of fantastic techno. Sven vath did play (around 5am) that night and i thought he was great.
By comparison the following week was bunged.. laurent garnier took 2 hrs to warm up, but when he did get going the place was amazing.. sven vath then came on and killed the atmosphere almost immediately, by playing the dullest techno set i have ever heard. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to see him ever again.

@ honey_d

sven vath then came on and killed the atmosphere almost immediately, by playing the dullest techno set i have ever heard. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to see him ever again.

why? what did he play? was it too hard? or just too german-style-techno? :p
actually I like his interpretation of techno very much, because it is so different to "usual" techno...
it is just a matter of taste, I guess... ;)

I don’t think that it was an appropriate set to follow laurent garnier with. It was flawless, but very dull.. the only time there was a reaction from the crowd was when the smoke machine went off. I couldn’t see anyone around me dancing.. most poeple were talking amongst themselves.
Unfortunately i am the worst person in the world for remembering names of tunes so i cant tell you what he played, but it was by no means hard.
A very disappointing end to, what was otherwise, a very enjoyable visit to cocoon :cry:

Laurents set was quite good, but Svens was even better. Regarding the atmosphere you are probably right, people were not dancing as before, though it was more because of the main floor being too crowded. After some time people started to behave a bit silly ( getting agressive ). But i don't think it was svens fault, his set was very nice to listen to and a lot better than anything he played in germany this year ( as far as i had listen to him). Seems like he leaves his best records in ibiza, in germany he is mostly playing older (ancient ?) tunes these days. Btw Laurent played lots of older records, which made his set a little boring imo.
Anyone got the same problems we had with taking the bus to ibiza after amnesia ? We saw almost empty busses not even bothering with picking up some party folk, thx a lot for letting us walk back to ibiza cit. without a drink and the sun burning our heads.
That bus thingy was a lot more annoying than the negative aspects of amnesia, where we truly had a great time (almost as good as last year :)

The dance floor, where I was standing anyway, was actually a lot more bearable when Sven came on.. I spent part of L G’s set pushed into a speaker (literally)!!

I guess it’s just all horses for courses.

I didnt read the replies- I didnt even finish reading your post, but all I can say is...

GET UR ARSE TO COCOON!!!

Back