Richie Hawtin & traktor

Theres a load of new video's on the native-instruments.com website. I think Richie seems to take it abit seriously when he's talking about it but the software is bloody good

Does he remind anyone else of Ronan Keating?

He says it best.... When he says nothing at all!

Im in 2 minds about this whole Tracktor thing. its a great tool if used properly but it can sound too much like Aural Masturbation to me. If the record is good why do you need to mess about with it that much? Less is more and all that

U can do as much or as little as you want . Ive seen Hawtin play brilliantly and also its been too much and just sounded like a mess .

U can do as much or as little as you want . Ive seen Hawtin play brilliantly and also its been too much and just sounded like a mess .

Thats exactly what I mean. I have the same problem with James Zabelia, Some times there is just too much going on with effects and stuff that it makes a great tune sound $hite.

Im just too much of a purist or old fashioned for all this stuff. ;)

My man uses Traktor and is a big fan - doesn't "play around" with it :)lol:...) as much as Richie. He uses Cds too and still loves his vinyl, depends on venue, just how much music he needs, how far he is going, etc. Carrying a Mac with 1000s of tunes is alot easier...

Yeah not a big fan of Zabiela to be honest. Its a case of just cos you can , doesnt mean you should , and he always does!

hawtin zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Im a big fan. The first time i ever went to a club for non dnb/hiphop was to go n see some guy my mate was going on about called richie hawtin. I didnt know what to expect and was honestly completely blown away by it. i didnt know what i was listening to but i never bought a dnb tune since

I liked Hawtin plastikman-era when he made PROPER techno

but compared to the trully great techno dons Hood, Craig, May - he's a bit lightweight these days, sheep rather than shepherd...

The thing is I'm unashamedly new school when it comes to techno. Richies set was he first that i heard so i never knew any different. Im not so into the tougher side so im not botherd about propper techno or not , just what i think sounds good. Agreed tho the Plastikman stuff is the nuts

Last edited by a moderator:
im inclined to agree...if it aint broke,leave it the f*ck alone!!:eek:

I liked the Plastikman stuff, sometimes like Richie's sets now!!
But I don't know,does he produce his own tunes anymore?
If yes,does he use them...:confused:

I get the impression he does little bits but probs doesnt have anough time to produce full tracks regularly. Think that Contakt tour/show has taken a while to put together.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou for the download link

Thankyou thankyou thankyou for the download link

That Cd is awesome- just shows how far ahead of his time he was making minimal music 10 years before it blew up.

Original Mixmag cover CDs of that set change hands on Ebay from time to time for 300+

Back