REVIEW: We Love Space 6/21

Pizzaman87

Party/Event: We Love Space Sunday

Club: Space

Date: June 21, 2009

DJs: Discoteca: Felix Da Housecat, Busy P, DJ Mehdi, Riton, David Phillips; Terraza: Hot Chip (DJ set), Nic Fanciulli, Paul Woolford, Smokin' Jo, Andy Baxter; Sunset Terrace: Alfredo, Colin Peters, Guy Williams, Jason Bye; Premiere Etage: Andy Carroll, Ben Korbel, Jon Howell; El Salon: PBR Streetgang; Caja Roja: The Mole, Clive Henry, Jamie Jones, Jem Haynes, Ryan O'Gorman

Cost of entry: Guestlist entrance with 40€ tickets from Space’s website.

Cost of drinks:
I believe 13€ for a Budweiser, but my ticket included 1 free drink, and I never felt it necessary to buy another while there

Transport: Free—I walked from Palladium Palace Hotel and back.

Review:

After a long debate between deciding whether or not to attend Judgement Sunday or WLS, we were told by many that We Love was an experience not to be missed—but I’ll be frank—it wasn’t that special. We got there at about midnight, some six hours after the party began, and found ourselves in the guest list lines as result of buying tickets in advance. I had long heard that the biggest Nazis of all clubs about letting in cameras was Space, so I decided to leave my digital camera back and the hotel, and opted for my camera phone instead. Sure enough, since I have such great luck—not a single person at the door was frisked, and several cameras were inside the club, snapping left and right with no qualms from security. Each room had its on distinct vibe, but compared to Amnesia, the vibe of each room felt weak as the crowd was older (most were 30+ easily) and seemed mostly there to just be standing around sipping drinks. The club featured an incredible seven rooms in total: the Discoteca, Terraza, Sunset Terrace, Premiere Etage, El Salon, and Caja Roja. However, to me, each room in particular felt more like it was a bar first, and a club second, as the DJs spinning in each room seemed to provide more of a background setting to the evening for the clubbers than someone who was there to keep the crowd awake and jumping around until 6 in the morning. Each room featured some sort of variation of house music, with the best being played in the main room (Discoteca) around the time I was there. Overall the inside didn’t seem like it was anything extraordinary, in fact, I have been to better clubs here in the USA, a place not known for an electronic music scene. Anyway, all points aside, the club was okay, I just felt that it lacked a lot of the other elements that make a club a club—for example, Go-Go dancers, and more flashing lights—I literally felt like I waited an eternity for an incredible build-up to come, but it never did. I generally felt that this club provided the same things I could get at a bar—sit down, drink, and hear some slightly catchy house tracks. It should also be noted that the temperature of this place, despite not being to full-capacity was way too hot, and made even a few hours here practically unbearable. In the end, not horrible, but this club seems to have a long way to go to fulfill its full potential. Had I known all of these facts prior to going, I would’ve just hung out at Bora Bora during the day to get my house music, skipped We Love, and gone to Judgement Sunday.

6z79tt.jpg

r7jejd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my exact thoughts for my first time at space and wls, spot on review imo.

but i am still going back this year for wls (carl craig, zabiela, hell), be and cox. i am sure the music won't disappoint and hoping the atmosphere will be better at be and cox.

I guess Space is not for everyone then.

Personally I have found it to be the greatest club in the world..... that I've been too anyway!

"I just felt that it lacked a lot of the other elements that make a club a club—for example, Go-Go dancers, and more flashing lights"
Good god man maybe you should have gone to judgement sundays, the music policys
of the two nights is so far apart, i dont understand how you can be into both?!

"I just felt that it lacked a lot of the other elements that make a club a club—for example, Go-Go dancers, and more flashing lights"
Good god man maybe you should have gone to judgement sundays, the music policys
of the two nights is so far apart, i dont understand how you can be into both?!

Lmao I see your point dude people can like all types of music but going to a club for Go-Go dancers and lights?? You can get that in most of the cheesey hen night clubs in the UK lol Most people I know think the skankier and darker the club is the better! And as for saying the people over 30 are boring and stand around I say you are a cheeky sod who could not even handle a week in Ibiza with me and I'm 31!! The problem may have been that tourist types who aren't really into it (like u) turned up to the we love opening and stood around bored because they should have gone to judge Jules.. so don't blame it on the over 30's lol

Lmao I see your point dude people can like all types of music but going to a club for Go-Go dancers and lights?? You can get that in most of the cheesey hen night clubs in the UK lol Most people I know think the skankier and darker the club is the better! And as for saying the people over 30 are boring and stand around I say you are a cheeky sod who could not even handle a week in Ibiza with me and I'm 31!! The problem may have been that tourist types who aren't really into it (like u) turned up to the we love opening and stood around bored because they should have gone to judge Jules.. so don't blame it on the over 30's lol

A lot of it may have been due to the time in which I arrived. I actually didn't get to the club until a little after midnight. Either way, it wasn't the worst time I had on the island, I just wasn't digging it that much. In my opinion, it was about 5 bad songs to every 1 good song--not a very good ratio if they're hyping it up to be an all day affair..I think it's pretty funny how many people are blowing my review out of proportion. Whatever happened to 31 year olds being mature enough to respectfully disagree with someone, rather than try to verbally attack them as if to try and prove an irrelevant point. I, like you, went to Ibiza to have a good time and enjoy the beach, people, and music. I'm sorry if I conveyed being there for something otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
"In my opinion, it was about 5 bad songs to every 1 good song--not a very good ratio if they're hyping it up to be an all day affair.."

Man with comments like that, its clear you no nothing about electronic music. It sickens me to think people like you were at a we love opening party and come on to
message boards and put stupid statements like that up. :eek:

"In my opinion, it was about 5 bad songs to every 1 good song--not a very good ratio if they're hyping it up to be an all day affair.."

Man with comments like that, its clear you no nothing about electronic music. It sickens me to think people like you were at a we love opening party and come on to
message boards and put stupid statements like that up. :eek:

I wasn't at the We Love Opening Party..that was a few weeks before I even got to the island my friend! I've been listening to electronic music almost exclusively for the last 9 years, I'm just not that much into house personally.

i visited we love last year music was ok james zabiela played a killer set (main reason i go to we love) but i didn't like the club it's self the atmosphere wasn't as good as amnesia but not because of the dancers or lights something was just of, maybe bouncers everywhere pulling people of the dancefloors or people wandering around the club i'm not sure just didn't feel a good vibe

hauskitten u go girl ! olly 10/10 comment of the day, im still laughin, luv these forums brightens up a dull day at work :)

Back