REVIEW: We Love Space 6/21

I was at this party and have to admit that the music wasn't up to the standard I've seen in the past. It might have been the DJ lineup, which wasn't quite to the usual strength. It's a shame that this was your first Space experience, as it really is pretty awesome most of the time.

BTW, I'm 39 and danced pretty much all day/night

Although the original review clearly touched a nerve with the age comments, I have noticed people are a little prescious when it comes to Space and particularly We Love. I'm looking forward to trying We Love this year as we only went to Goa last year at Space but if a night is legendary or amazing does not mean people should be torn apart if they didn't like it the night they were there. The reviewer may or may not be talking out of his arse but a lot of peiople are saying he must be wrong when they werent even there the night he went!

... music wasn't up to the standard I've seen in the past.
It might have been the DJ lineup, which wasn't quite to the usual strength ...
stupid new openinghours + tom novy not playing @ welove/sunsetterrace anymore -
so it was clear as F that everything would went downhill :)

"In my opinion, it was about 5 bad songs to every 1 good song--not a very good ratio if they're hyping it up to be an all day affair.."

Man with comments like that, its clear you no nothing about electronic music. It sickens me to think people like you were at a we love opening party and come on to
message boards and put stupid statements like that up. :eek:

What the F you on about?

What's up with him having an opinion about the ratio of good songs and bad songs?!

IT SICKENS YOU to think people post comments like that. Jeez, smmaaalll over reaction.

Jumped up 'Electro' music snobbery.

How do we sleep at night joining in a discussion about Space, is we know nothing about 'electronic music'. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that we love was all about dancing in the afternoon sun on the terrace and going all day and all night, thats what made it so famous and why it still has the massive name it has now. Now with the new opening laws it doesn't get into full swing until well into the evening and I don't think anyone can deny it's lost its edge, the thing that makes it a special party. I mean without the terrace in the sun what has it got? The other club nights have equal if not better line-ups, better production, effects, lasers etc etc

I may be wrong but I think all the reviewer was all trying to say was that the night itself didn't live up to the massive reputation that it has for him.

I was at that Space night and I have to say it was only ok at best. I think Space has lost a bit of its magic over the last couple of years. The line ups at we love are the same year after year, every single DJ who was on I'd seen over the last couple of years. The crowd was generally pretty good although you could tell there was a lot of people who go just because it’s 'Space'. Noticed a few moody looking beer boys but they soon disappeared as the night went on.

We got there for 6PM only the sunset terrace was open and it took a while to get going although the music was okay, Jason Bye was probably the highlight. The main terrace was average it was decent music to listen too but there was never an atmosphere in there, then hot chip came on and i can honestly say they were awful... Boring flat music that didn’t go anywhere every tune followed the same formula and with the persona they gave off no wonder the atmosphere was FLAT! saw them last year and they did the same god knows how they were booked again. I like their productions but DJ's these guys are not. Didn’t go in the Discoteca much so cant really comment on that room.

Security were on top everywhere and was starting to really piss me off at one point i put a chewing gum in my mouth and was taken to the side by two security who searched all my pockets and camera case. Two of my friends had similar problems and in the end it was starting to annoy the hell out of everyone and wasn’t really conducive to having a good night. They don’t appear to be bothered at all about cameras anymore though.

The best night I've had in Space recently was La Troya last year, am going to go again in Sept and will have to think carefully before deciding to go to Space again or not. Went to Cocoon on the Monday and that blew space out the water. Everything was better music, crowd, security, atmosphere although don’t use your camera there or you get a green laser shined in your face!

Highlights: Jason Bye, Audiofly, Woolford. Met some cool people and had a good laugh.
Lowlights: Hot Chip - most boring DJ's ever! Annoying security. Could have been any club really.

I have seen Hot chip DJ in Brighton and agree, they were awful! It was a wednesday night and they came on after Krafty Kuts at midnight and played the darkest house and techno set i've heard in a while....it was a laughably bad choice of music for midnight on a wednesday. Cleared the dancefloor pretty quick!

i am going back to ibiza for the second time and its not because of Space let me tell you..

i went twice in 06 and the second time myself and all the neighbours at JET apartments were all already there making their own party because they felt empty after their experiences there...

I was at that Space night and I have to say it was only ok at best. I think Space has lost a bit of its magic over the last couple of years. The line ups at we love are the same year after year, every single DJ who was on I'd seen over the last couple of years. The crowd was generally pretty good although you could tell there was a lot of people who go just because it’s 'Space'. Noticed a few moody looking beer boys but they soon disappeared as the night went on.

We got there for 6PM only the sunset terrace was open and it took a while to get going although the music was okay, Jason Bye was probably the highlight. The main terrace was average it was decent music to listen too but there was never an atmosphere in there, then hot chip came on and i can honestly say they were awful... Boring flat music that didn’t go anywhere every tune followed the same formula and with the persona they gave off no wonder the atmosphere was FLAT! saw them last year and they did the same god knows how they were booked again. I like their productions but DJ's these guys are not. Didn’t go in the Discoteca much so cant really comment on that room.

Security were on top everywhere and was starting to really piss me off at one point i put a chewing gum in my mouth and was taken to the side by two security who searched all my pockets and camera case. Two of my friends had similar problems and in the end it was starting to annoy the hell out of everyone and wasn’t really conducive to having a good night. They don’t appear to be bothered at all about cameras anymore though.

The best night I've had in Space recently was La Troya last year, am going to go again in Sept and will have to think carefully before deciding to go to Space again or not. Went to Cocoon on the Monday and that blew space out the water. Everything was better music, crowd, security, atmosphere although don’t use your camera there or you get a green laser shined in your face!

Highlights: Jason Bye, Audiofly, Woolford. Met some cool people and had a good laugh.
Lowlights: Hot Chip - most boring DJ's ever! Annoying security. Could have been any club really.

Yikes, that is on top! Never heard of it like that before? Have you heard if it's like that anywhere else now??:eek:

im getting worried now! was planning on going to the We Love closing party this summer! was even going to extend my trip a day just so i could!

I made the same experience with we love during my first visit to the island last year!
No vibe at the sunset terrace till 11PM!
Line Up and music wasn't that great like other parties!
It really gettin started after 2AM. We love seemed like a normal clubnight!
Nothin special I thought!
We went in the beginning of september!

But then, two days later we went to Carl Cox closing and it was AMAZING!!
Music, vibe and show were really impressive!
And we went in for just 15€!!
So this year Space just for Carl Cox!

So my advise: If you really want to have a great experience at Space and feel the vibe in there, then dont miss Carl Cox!

the go-go girls comment nearly caused me to spray beer over my keyboard :D

Agree.

I was quite liking the review and found it interesting even if i wouldnt agree with all the points but that comment makes me think he and I look for different things in a club night.

Woah, so cameras are now ok in Space, but not in Amnesia, and you will possibly get pulled aside and searched for exhibiting any characteristic messhead behaviour?

I made the same experience with we love during my first visit to the island last year!
No vibe at the sunset terrace till 11PM!

I really don't get this.. when the new clubbing time restrictions were enforced there was loads of complaints about how the daytime dance time in Space was cut down..
but people now dont even go to catch the small amount of sunshine you do get before 10pm or so!
:evil:

Party/Event: We Love Space Sunday

In the end, not horrible, but this club seems to have a long way to go to fulfill its full potential.

Sadly, WLS reached it's full potential a few years ago, and it's now declining. It's always a good night out, but it's never going to be as good as it was! And I've been there probably about 30 times before everyone shoots me down! :twisted:

That devil new laws (no afterhours/no dayparties) again :evil: lmao

Back