review: cocoon club frankfurt on NYE

Stu Hirst said:
it looks like the Saturday night we are there (4th Feb) is a drum & bass night.
:cry:
Not really our thing unfortunately.

Is there anywhere else you can recommend for a Saturday night? Is Vinylbar any good? Or even just any good bars that we can get a few drinks, with a good atmosphere?

hi stu,

oh, i´m sorry. but you´re right..... it looks like a drum & bass night.....:confused:

i can recommend the room106, which is in darmstadt (30-40 min train ride). the king kamehameha club in frankfurt is nice too. my favorite club besides the cocoon is the monza. but on saturdays are gay parties there.

cocoon club is very, very good on a saturday night as well!!!!! :D :D :D

well, i like the vinylbar.:) it´s a small afterhour spot. it get´s crowded around 3-4 am and goes at least until 12 am.;)

here are some nice bars you can go to: deelight, sansibar, wegotspace (former studio bar), freunde der nacht, halle der helden, monsa, stereobar.

Buckley said:
To be sure etc;) *flogs long-deceased horse*

How are you sir? Been too long!
x-amount said:
...So you will

To echo Mr B's sentiments, where have you been, loike?
I've been lying low due to big work pressures coming up to Christmas, followed by a mother of a flu over Christmas and the usual quiet post-NYE period. I'm starting to itch for a night of dancing in London sometime soon so keep me posted on upcoming get-togethers. I trust \'\' and the Future Sound of London (FSL) are coming along nicely!

ps why doesn't the new forum default to subscribing you for email notifications if you reply to a thread? :spank:

hi stu and everybody else who´s going to be at the cocoon club on friday,

there might be a big queue on friday, as sven is palying for the first time after nye.
so be there early!!!!

Judith said:
hi stu and everybody else who´s going to be at the cocoon club on friday,

there might be a big queue on friday, as sven is palying for the first time after nye.
so be there early!!!!

thanks Judith - the restaurant now appears to be open, so we'll be there for 8pm to eat - and finding our spot on the dancefloor by 11 !!!
:)
Maybe see you there - just keep your eye out for 20+ Scots and a couple of Londoners !

in fact, it's the 3rd Feb we'll be there - I notice he's playing this week as well, so ours might be a bit quieter?

the restaurant is definately open.

well, i might be there too. can´t miss sven väth on this friday...... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu Hirst said:
thanks Judith - the restaurant now appears to be open, so we'll be there for 8pm to eat - and finding our spot on the dancefloor by 11 !!!
Maybe see you there - just keep your eye out for 20+ Scots and a couple of Londoners !

For recognition purposes:

Londoners:

PearlyKingQueenBlackHeath.jpg

Scots:

Scots-British-Diplomat.jpg

Stu Hirst said:
in fact, it's the 3rd Feb we'll be there - I notice he's playing this week as well, so ours might be a bit quieter?

i just saw that he´s playing this week as well :idea: ;) .... yeah, the 3rd might be quieter then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back