Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other suggestions for good places to eat for lone diners btw? I’ll be solo in San An for the next few days and want to eat well without looking utterly friendless.
es rebost de can prat for good authentic ibz food , im now among their familiar customers :cool: , ony one to name, done a lot but they dont worth this one
Ricon suckx since a few years....one time n ever last time , beef strong as sole shoes

I wouldn't recommend this after my last visit. It was very disappointing.
True. It's definitely not as good as it used to be. Possible change of ownership, definite change of staff. It's trivial, but even the new laminated menus feel a little less authentic. But it's still super good value compared to a lot of other places

And especially if you have no previous visit to compare it to, I still think it's worth a pop. If only you try it the once

I'm still a big fan of their house red

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend this after my last visit. It was very disappointing.
I am so gutted about El Rincon de Pepe I can't believe it. It used to be my go-to place for a lazy lunch just people watching. I went there last Friday having been fore-warned that it had changed hands and wasn't as good. Boy was I in for a shock! Firstly, the young man who was serving was unshaven and wearing a grubby t-shirt which didn't bode well (bring back the moody old fellas in the starched grey shirts I say!). I ordered the pork fritto Ibecenco (Ibizan style fried pork) and the calamari. I kept having to shoo flies away from the table whilst waiting for my food which was rather disconcerting. My food arrived and it was poor. REALLY poor. There were maybe 6 or 7 pieces of pork that were completely inedible- tough, chewy or just lumps of gristle. The calamari was so rubbery you could've bounced it off every wall in San Antonio. When I lifted my my plate up it stuck to the table slightly and realised it was the table the flies were after, not my food. It looked like it hadn't been wiped all day and drinks of some description had been spilled on it. I've been visiting El Rincon de Pepe for nearly 25 years and the place has a lot of fond memories for me (like when in 2007 this completely insane English couple insisted that my mate Marcus looked just like Lewis Hamilton (he doesn't, he's not the same skin tone or facial features at all) and insisted on having me take their photo with him! Only in Ibiza! Over the years I must have tipped hundred's of Euro's there. I always tip generously for good food and service like I did a couple of nights before at Es Rebost de Can Prats and for the first time in over 2 decades I left El Rincon de Pepe without tipping. Quite honestly I was as disgusted more than I was disappointed. And 40 minutes later I began to feel sharp stomach pains. I couldn't definitely ascribe my subsequent tummy troubles to that food but I'm absolutely certain it didn't help. AVOID.

I think you could have a good evening at Hostel la Torre. Book in advance, and I think they'd find you a nice spot to take in the sunset. It's chilled out enough to plot up alone.
Thank you so much!
es rebost de can prat for good authentic ibz food , im now among their familiar customers :cool: , ony one to name, done a lot but they dont worth this one
Ricon suckx since a few years....one time n ever last time , beef strong as sole

We visited Yenuina in San Antonio last night (perfect for a solo diner I'd say too)

Their specials menu all looked and sounded delicious in the end we opted for seafood linguini and a black pig ragu

The food was fantastic and the staff were all lovely, really attentive and really quick service. You get the feeling it'd be charging far more if it wasn't tucked away on a side street near Ibiza Rocks

I'm no food critic so here's some images haha

IMG-20220925-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220925-WA0003.jpg

Can anyone post a list of a few restaurants that will def be open last week of October in the San Antonio area and surrounding. Asking for a friend.

Would definitely recommend d giving Mundos a try

It's up in the back streets not far from bus station / behind the strip

All the Staff are English (think my gf said it was something in line with the Geordie Shore lot but don't let that put you off, might be wrong) understandably it's popular with Brits.

It's a relatively small menu, but they do breakfast and Sunday lunch as well. The main menu was largely items that Brits would find exotic (a curry, a flatbread, a pad Thai, a bao bun)

Unsure if it'd appeal to somebody looking for something a bit more...local

We had a prawn makhani curry (which waitress said everyone was going for) and a Moroccan lamb wrap. Both were genuinely delicious

2 for 16 euro on cocktails too

IMG-20220927-WA0018.jpg

I went to Mundos last week because I had read a lot of good things about it. Maybe I'm used to a bit different street food places and the food wasn't very special, but it's ok. You should try it yourself.

Yesterday, while driving from the Hippy Market, I came to Cami de Balàfia and on a whim I decided to go and ask if there was table for someone who has heard a lot of good things about their lamb dishes. At first they were a bit confused by my appearance, but they arranged a table for me and I immediately felt welcome! I ordered Lamb Chops potatos and a glass of house wine. And now I dare to say that it was the best lamb I've ever eaten on the island! The next time I come here, I'll take a friend there too!

I'm looking for recommendations for family friendly restaurants. I'm travelling with my family and my sisters family and we have 3 under 3's.
A lot don't open until 8pm and we need to be there 7pm latest really. DJ with non deafening music is good.

We are staying Cala Gracio. Already booked are Blue Marlin, La Torre, and Golden Buddah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back