Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of La Oliva ? Overrated or not ? I know the location. La Oliva Mio is next to it. Was there a few times and always nice but expensive.

Read allot about La Oliva. People love it or hate it....?

Sa Vida also Ibiza Town scores very very good. Never been there... Is it really that good ? Was in Barcelona last year at Bar Cañete. Looking for something like that. What an amazing restaurant!!! Sa Vida looks like Bar Cañete , locals bar eating, no fancy fake shit ;). Maybe somebody have some advise as i an married this year and want to eat something special with my wife in Ibiza Town ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys think of La Oliva ? Overrated or not ? I know the location. La Oliva Mio is next to it. Was there a few times and always nice but expensive.

Sa Vida also Ibiza Town scores very very good. Never been there... Is it really that good ? Was in Barcelona last year at Bar Cañete. Looking for something like that. What an amazing restaurant!!! Sa Vida looks like Bar Cañete , locals bar eating, no fancy fake shit ;). Maybe somebody have some advise as i an married this year and want to eat something special with my wife in Ibiza Town ;)
we went there once a i had a good experience at la oliva, the waiter was very friendly and patiently explaining the whole! menu to my wife. in my opinion the food: duck magret with honey, rosmary and dried apricotswas very nicely done, the portion rather small.
the guests are a mixture of cool, trendy people, rich, middleclass and poor, some lgbt, clubbers, 0815 tourists and unfortunatly some (swiss cervelat promis) in english C-list celebrities.....

Sa Vida it's a lovely place, a lot of locals. Once was not packed every night like now, but if you book in advance, no problem.
If you want to spend a special night with your wife, my suggestion in Ibiza Town is the new restaurant La Imprenta (not properly on a budget) or Sa Mar if u like seafood :)

Thanks guys :D

Have to try Sa Vida then ;) My wife speaks Spanish so will call this week for a reservation.

Checkt out Sa Mar. Looks very very good. I just love fish. There is no fish i dont eat ahahhaha ;) Will check this one for sure. Great tip:!:

Will let you know :)

I assume I would need to call and make a reservation for La Bodega if we want a table for five tomorrow evening after 9/10PM?

I assume I would need to call and make a reservation for La Bodega if we want a table for five tomorrow evening after 9/10PM?

I would say definitely call yes ... always people queuing for tables at that sort of time when we were passing although this late in the season you might be lucky

If it's 5 fit blokes they'll sit you outside ;)

Funny enough when we went twice last time (my friend and our two girlfriends)... if we walked in without the girls they always managed to find us a table even with a cue out of the door :lol:.

I'll call ahead but just to be safe will dress like were from Right Said Fred!

Try going with 2 kids..we were nearly in the kitchen..:lol: my mrs and kids arrived stopped there few years ago,I was to meet them there. I arrived shortly after them and they were shuffled inside by the
the bar and my seat was back to the bar that kinda sticks out:confused: so I couldnt sit up straight unless I moved the table out:lol: and for trying to get the waiters attention ffs they actually twirl when passing the mirror..

Last edited:
If you go tonight just try sot under that bar..
And have a shot for me..

Hahah they are an unusual set of individuals the waiters in there to say the very least. The last time we went every time another waiter passed the other got his pen and started jabbing him up the arse - both seemed to be enjoying the experience :lol:

Hopefully will be there tomorrow night as we fly late afternoon/evening. I know they usually leave you with a bottle at the end of the meal (especially as we are five blokes this time :D) so we will most definitely have a shot (or several) for you!

Never noticed these goings on but definitely got better service when it was the stag with 20 guys versus only me and the wife ...

Miss Saigon av espana ***** fresh rolls, ginseg beer (its a soda)
comida san juan *****
Es ventall **** this place is nice to chill out
Es rebost de can prat **** i guess i wont go back again as its quiet pricey
el zaguan *** pricey
Mercat Nou , i go to 1rst bar coming from left & 3rd one fro sepia
Can Terra **** only theur tapas are good the sepai i took was not really cooked and didnt like the flavour..
Ritas Cantina *** their dishes are really salted its just for theit tonig drink i go there
my regret is not to go to market (big roasted pork bbq meats) along mediaval week as i thought i was openned every week
i will experience the other next ibz trip and thanks for recommandations here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back