Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that paloma is really a nice place - especially for off-season lunches - but I never thought the food quality was anything overly special. I like it as a place and think the food is alright, but I never left wowed.

I always thought that paloma is really a nice place - especially for off-season lunches - but I never thought the food quality was anything overly special. I like it as a place and think the food is alright, but I never left wowed.
the prices are ok and quite fair for what you get, it's the atmosphere out in the garden that gets us going there.

Amen

It is now time for my yearly restaurant review ;-)

Angolo
(Eivissa - Plaza del Parque)

Not too expensive tapas bar/restaurant in the beautiful plaza del Parque.
I recommend their Hummus... 4th time here and I never was disappointed.
The waiters are very friendly.

La Brasa
(Eivissa)

Already had a meal there last year, what a wonderful inside patio they have!
Very crowded at night, all tables were full but we were lucky as we didn't had to wait.
We took a huge paella which was very good. Not the cheapest restaurant but still affordable.
The only bad thing is that it was very slow to get our paella... more than 1 hour waiting (we had the same issue last year)

Super Tuscan
(Eivissa)

After some shopping in center of Eivissa we stopped there for a quick lunch.
Mix of local and italian food... I tried a local preparation of Sepia with some sort of soup and green pea. It was very good but my 18 months old baby ate half of it ;-)
Nothing exceptional here, not the best service (very kind but inexperienced... I stopped counting how many glasses they broke, they didn't really watch if we needed something,...).
A bit expensive for the quality, not sure we will stop there again... But it wasn't disastrous...

Can Den Parra
(Eivissa - Dalt Villa)

Very nice restaurant in Dalt Villa, service was excellent, very kind people!
Lot of local dishes. I tried a steak with goat cheese and pepper cream... It was excellent, but so big!
2 huge steaks with a huge slice of goat cheese between them... like a burger ;-)
Prices are not expensive, and as last year after the bill we received a bottle of Hierbas on our table, and the boss encouraged us to finish it ;-)
Will go back next time for sure!

Amante
(Cala Llonga)

First time for us at night time as we did it already many times during the afternoon...
This restaurant just has a "Wow" effect with the stunnish view, probably one of the most amazing of the island.
We went 2 times this year with different people. Service is always very good, if I have to say something bad the first time we went we booked our table for 11PM and only received it at 11:50PM.
But it seems the previous customers didn't want to leave...
Food is just perfect... Gambas carpaccio as starter is amazing.
A bit expensive but you pay for what you get... if you want to do a stunning place you can't go wrong with Amante.
Very good cocktails also!
KM5 was our long time favorite but Amante dethroned it this time ;-)

KM5
(San Josep)

We had our yearly dinner at KM5.
Very good service, food was great but I think I noticed that the portions decreased a bit (I remember having more Jamon Iberico than what I received this year).
More crowded than last year which is good news for them.
Expensive of course, but the place is beautiful and service is perfect.
I also wonder how they are doing their waiter casting... it looks like they only have top models :)

Raco Verd
(San Josep)

One of my favorite places... cheap, very good food (mix of mexican and spanish dishes).
Lovely place, great atmosphere, good service... and not full of wannabe-VIP.
Sometimes there are some concerts,...
I hope it will stay like this, like an hidden local gem :)

Sa Trinxa
(Salinas)

My favorite beach for the atmosphere, food is always very good, many different kind of meals available.
Prices are normal, not cheap, not expensive... Perfect balance for that place.
Music is of course amazing with Jon Sa Trinxa, Frank'o Moiraghi,...
You have to try their Sangria de cava rosé!

Jockey Club
(Salinas)

We went there once because one of our friend loved that place many years before.
I sincerely prefer the Sa Trinxa atmosphere, Jockey club is more posh.
Food is very good but everything is way more expensive than Sa Trinxa.
Service is ok... not good not bad...

Can Salinas
(Salinas)

First time here, we were staying at 200 meters of this restaurant so we wanted to try it.
They are famous for their Fideua (like paella with some small pasta instead of rice).
It was delicious but we were the only customers :)
Very local place, it was fun to do a reservation because they didn't speak English.
Best Hierbas de la casa we ever tried... omg it was just delicious... but it was home made by a friend of them and we couldn't buy a bottle :(

Bar Anita
(San Carles)

Also first time here... quick stop for some tapas after the Las Dalias hippy market.
Very cheap and very local restaurant.
Food was very good, very simple (eggs, pizza, salads,...).
We went there after some recommandations I received on the forum about the best Hierbas we could buy...
I bought 5 bottles, this Hierbas was indeed excellent! But only 3 bottles came back with us... 2 were dead already after 3 days in our villa :)

Not many places I didn't visit yet... next year I'll try to be a bit more "off the road"... But there are now so many places we want to go back every year, it is now becoming difficult to find some time for others :)

Last edited:
Its never been billed as a gourmet experience - its always been pretty no nonsense.
Prices are probably on the high side for what it is but its cheaper than Jockey club and so much better vibe!

Only vibe killer can occasionally be that grumpy waiter that has been mentioned before!

i went a lot at la brasa with soulmate,early afternoon,price is not cheap but fine,lot of french people, family there, very low service,not a big deal, that moment where i can sleep a little bit :D last time some french, local or worker look a like , was pissed of, as they wait 1hour for chicken wings & looks like staff have forgot their meal,ask to see the boos as waiter didnt care about his complaint.

Raco de verde i went past when back from cala de hort, some dj musician i follow played there sunday

i may have a try at Bar anita & Can Den Perra , free hierbas bottle? Dangerous :lol:

Raco Verd
(San Josep)

One of my favorite places... cheap, very good food (mix of mexican and spanish dishes).
Lovely place, great atmosphere, good service... and not full of wannabe-VIP.
Sometimes there are some concerts,...
I hope it will stay like this, like an hidden local gem :)
jon tessier last night:

2017+09+19+(12).jpg

2017+09+19+(13).jpg

We opted for mint lounge for my daughters birthday, as she wanted to eat on the sunset strip. Few drinks, watch the sunset then had a lovely meal. The portions were small but was decent to be fair.

Ate at ibiza rocks bar a few times as the young uns enjoyed the food there, so did I, except when I had the chicken wings the one night, my as*e was in tatters next morning ffs.
Ritas cantina never let's you down, great food as always.
Also liberty's diner by the tagomago hotel is decent, cheap food, we went there last so went a few times again this year.

Few other places we ate, ain't worth a mention as the food was not all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back