Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worth a shot. If you reserve a table in advance you also have to confirm it by ringing again on the day by 11am or so. If anyone bails and doesn't confirm you could get lucky. Some other good options up that way if it backfires.

reading lots of good things about El Bigotes - do you have to book in advance? or can you just turn up?

It depends - I managed to blag a table the night before on the phone last time I went, we went by boat and swam in for lunch. Used to go there to reserve in person 1-2 days before and leave a cash deposit. But it got a lot more touristy last couple of years and I kind of backed off making the effort. For over 1-2 people, you usually have to book quite far ahead.

New tries this time

Jockey club. Not cheap but very nice and good service.

Tijuana tex mex - nice Mexican food

Pacha hotel - expensive but lovely food maybe a bit salty but lovely

-----

Disappointments

After going el zaguán pinxto bar in Ibiza town so many times we found last trip last year nothing great and went twice this time and found its lacking somehow.

My wife is from the Basque Country and we have always adored the place many trips here. Shame as now found another in donostia bar so happy we got another pinxtos place..

Still good

pizza man in San Antonio bay as good and cheap as ever brilliant and the food in the Bellamar hotel 1 evening

After going el zaguán pinxto bar in Ibiza town so many times we found last trip last year nothing great and went twice this time and found its lacking somehow.

My wife is from the Basque Country and we have always adored the place many trips here. Shame as now found another in donostia bar so happy we got another pinxtos place..

bide bide?

Just back from La Paloma... Overrated for me.
In this style I prefer 1000 times La luna nell orto.
we were twice at la paloma cafe for lunch or brunch or whateva u can call it, food quality was in my opinion still very good, twice had the same waitress which was very friendly and we spend loads of time chatting to her and that her bf own a vinyl store in town.
i had that pizza margharita and a small oriental chicken salad. the garden was full with mainly dutch punters, some of them wearing football shorts and muscle shirts with no muscles to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back