Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a 5pm lunch at The Boat House up in Cala Sant Vicent. Amazing Greek Salad (I know… but the Spanish make them better than the Greeks), and the Lebanese Falafel was top draw too. As you’d expect being Sunday it was full to capacity.

Not everyone extending their season it seems !

yeah we were v surprised to see this

I think it's basically because they're all buggering off to Croatia next week for Amnesia (as we all know they're linked to IUM) and they don't employ anyone else really.

sorry but that's weak all the same. first season, make so much buzz about the place and then closing at the end of august in a season where everyone tries to pull together to extend the season as long as possible? a big fat NO with triple patties and lots of toppings from me.

sorry but that's weak all the same. first season, make so much buzz about the place and then closing at the end of august in a season where everyone tries to pull together to extend the season as long as possible? a big fat NO with triple patties and lots of toppings from me.
A triple patty is just too much meat (or veggie/vegan alternative). Double should be the absolute maximum

Fair point. I don't know the guys and I totally agree with you.
Partly because I won their launch prize (boat, lunch on board by Ibeefa Burger plus champagne dinner at their place for 9pax) and the date I booked it for, in a couple of weeks, obviously now cannot happen.

Fair point. I don't know the guys and I totally agree with you.
Partly because I won their launch prize (boat, lunch on board by Ibeefa Burger plus champagne dinner at their place for 9pax) and the date I booked it for, in a couple of weeks, obviously now cannot happen.

I do know them.

I don't know, maybe they surprise us with a winter opening once they're back from croatia, but they should know themselves their announcement to close at the end of august sends all the wrong signals

Had a 5pm lunch at The Boat House up in Cala Sant Vicent. Amazing Greek Salad (I know… but the Spanish make them better than the Greeks), and the Lebanese Falafel was top draw too. As you’d expect being Sunday it was full to capacity.
I love this spot.

Agreed.

It's just a burger restaurant? Plenty more places to get a burger and BK is only around the corner. Every time I walked past there they were hardly busy. Maybe it wasn't financially viable to stay open this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back